Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Crisis - very venomous  (Read 13591 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - artistically delayed opening credits but it's just me
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2022, 03:52:37 am »

We can probably be friends.  After all, the body is gone, so there's no proof.  And if there's dungeons and such, easy enough to say the scout went in one of them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2022, 01:30:25 am »

Find a dungeon!  We can hang out and maybe be friends with the humans, yeah, but we can also go get stronger and find cool stuff in some dungeon somewhere.  :3
+1 But we should still make stew from the humans that don't like us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2022, 08:39:59 pm »

Find a dungeon!  We can hang out and maybe be friends with the humans, yeah, but we can also go get stronger and find cool stuff in some dungeon somewhere.  :3
+1 But we should still make stew from the humans that don't like us.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 13, the Start
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2022, 01:14:10 am »

Dungeon and friends.

You are told that in order to be friendly with the humans, you'll have to pay taxes, which means giving them things. Usually food. You consider doing extra hunting to cover it, but apparently money also works. So you get out the chest of shiny stuff under your bed and leave some by the door, and Hen leaves a note. This makes you a subject of the empire, yay!
[-5 shiny things]

You're also advised not to share your shiny chest with people. Well, okay. Not like it's very interesting anyways.

The rest of the day goes toward planning and preparation. Dungeons can be deadly if you're not prepared. Much more so if you're not the right level for it, but Hen knows a close one which is a highly sought-after beginner dungeon. Another secret to keep from the humans, since if they knew of it the place would be crawling with soldiers seeking to become more powerful.

Some of your old clothes are repurposed into a sling you can use to carry stuff around, so that you can bring supplies in with you and loot back out. Then, to ensure that you're at full health, you go hunting.
Encountered a Wild Mega-Minkdillo!

Spoiler: Prey (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Mega-Minkdillo
Wake up and roll over all three enemies! Then use Impact Shield.

You stumble upon a huge armored beast sleeping in a pile of white fur and tough hide. You get to go first, since it's sleeping!
[Hen uses Stunner! The target is... Stunned!]
[Awuna Bites! 16 Piercing damage and the target is killed!]

Prey Slaughtered!

You celebrate by ripping a chunk from the beast and swallowing it. Yum!
[Awuna reaches full HP.]
[Awuna gains 5 Meat Chunk items. Veraimprez gains 1 Meat Chunk item.]

After tearing off some meat to go, you visit Hen's spaceship for some supplies.
[Hen gains 1x V23 Magazine, 2x Antidote Shot, 1x First Aid Kit.]

And finally, you're standing in front of your first dungeon! It's... ugly.
This part of the woods is wetter than the rest, the soil is damp and there's puddles everywhere. Towering over your head is a massive pustule of dirt and mud and some sort of clear film, like a monstrous pimple in the earth.

The entrance seems to be a thick membrane acting as a huge doorway. You're not sure how to get through. Though there are letters above it, grown from some kind of plant matter.
"Passage is granted to those enlightened to decay."

Next, a few steps in front of the entrance there is a huge circular gilded dish laid on the ground, further around than you are tall. It's filled with a thick and stinky green fluid.

Looking up, you think that the pustule is open further up. Might be a way in further up, if you can climb this gross thing.

How will you proceed?

Spoiler: party (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - here's a dungeon
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2022, 01:29:51 am »

Roll-in-the-gross thing, to see if it'll let us in when sufficiently covered in stinky stuff.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2022, 01:42:24 am »

Roll-in-the-gross thing, to see if it'll let us in when sufficiently covered in stinky stuff.
+1 Become one with the stink.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2022, 11:07:58 pm »

+1 Become one with the stink.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 14, the Start
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2022, 01:46:55 pm »

Roll around in it!

You leap into the green stuff and roll around, letting the thick green syrup coat your fur. It feels surprisingly nice; it's like a very cool mudbath.
Until a moment later, and you feel your veins light on fire. Ouch! You leap out of the dish, still dripping poisonous green goop.

[Awuna gets Slow Poison 1. You will lose 1 HP per update, while outside combat]

You hurriedly walk up to the front "door" of the dungeon, not wanting to waste time. At first you think tht nothing has changed, but when you reach your hand out a small opening appears in the membrane, just large enough for you to reach through. You experimentally step even closer and the hole becomes large enough for you to step through.

"Uh oh, I don't think there's enough room for you to let us through. We might have to be poisoned too. Or maybe the gap will become wider if you're more severely poisoned?"
"But it hurts! I don't want more poison!" You glare at the Spacer, frustrated at the idea of taking more damage just for your allies' sake.
"Can't we just break the door down, boss?"
"Maybe, but it looks pretty sturdy. Since this is a poison-element dungeon, maybe if we used something which poison monsters are vulnerable to? Fire might work, but we don't have any fire attacks. Or soap...?"

You poke your head through the entrance to check what's ahead. You see a large empty chamber, no enemies. There are a few side passages and ramps leading both up further into the pustule and down into the earth.
With that, you feel your arms and chest light up with pain as you take a "tick" of poison damage. Why does poison work like that? Nobody knows!
[Awuna takes 1 damage]

"Hey, I have a great idea, why don't we just light a stick on-"
"No! No fire! Fire is bad!"

What do!?
  • Dunk Hen and Veraimprez into the poison-dish and proceed.
  • Spend longer in the poison-dish in order to become more severely poisoned.
  • Leave one or both of your allies behind for now.
  • Something else?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2022, 04:26:35 pm »

Go in, but try to paint the inside of the doorway with the thick syrup.  See if that keeps the door open.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 15, the Start
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2022, 08:06:09 pm »

Go in, but try to paint the inside of the doorway with the thick syrup.  See if that keeps the door open.

Painting won't work. The membrane reacts to being poisoned, not to being poison.

"W-wait, you shouldn't-"

You stand alone in the first room of the dungeon, a large open space, apparently acting as a hub from which several other areas may be accessed. The walls an surfaces inside are built from the same mix of earth and organic material as the outside of the pustule. A dangerous scent wafts through the air. Not rotten, more pungent.

There is a way up to the higher floor, down to the lower one, and 4 smaller rooms on this floor. All six options are blocked off by the same membrane as the one at the entrance.

...The moment you stepped into the dungeon proper, you felt an odd shift in the atmosphere. You are queen of the jungle, but not queen of this place.

[-1 HP]

Navigation:
  • F2-Hub
  • Outside(clear)  /  F1-Hub(clear)  /  Side1  /  Side2  /  Side3  /  Side4
  • B1-Hub

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - venomous
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2022, 08:40:20 pm »

Search room #1!  Because 1 is the best number.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Crisis - venomous
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2022, 09:53:37 pm »

Sniff around and avoid doors that smell of goats, falling back on Side1 if all/none of them do.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11