Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Players who don't use mods...why not?  (Read 4427 times)

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
Re: Players who don't use mods...why not?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 06:07:58 pm »

In old modded Minecraft you could end up having several types of copper ore from different mods.
I've heard some postulate that this is part of the reason that Mojang officially added it.

This is fun to joke about, but on a serious note, i think that this generally tends to happen mostly when the existing standards are unwilling to change, e.g. by being proprietary.

How do i use sigtext properly?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2022, 07:08:08 pm »

For me it's twofold: I don't see the point, and most of the game for me is relatively disconnected from the particular materials or creatures; I'm more interested in building a giant magma fountain or something than in the minutiae of exactly what metal is the best for a given purpose.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2022, 11:32:16 am »

Well, since I started to mod my game, I think posting here again is appopriate.

I did it for the lulz.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 06:28:46 pm »

I consider mods as somewhat cheating because they mess with game balance. Any game really. I'll play mods that change the game significantly - my favourites were that fallout mod and the one that let me play as goblins instead.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2022, 11:25:46 am »

Perhaps this question wasn't asked well enough. It's feels as though it is suggesting Dwarf Fortress is a game that _must_ be modded. Also it does not ask to what degree people would like to mod. I believe most do use mods, because there is a massive legion of utility mods out there that are widely spread and shared with friends to help play the base game more easily.

You have the LazyNewbPack and others that allow people to quickly change little and big details to how they would prefer. With a bunch of self contained mods like Dfhack and DwarfTherapist that comes with it. That is easily considered a modded experience.

Almost everyone I think mods their game to some degree, and it is very clear that after literal decades of development that Dwarf Fortress has enough base features to feel like its own completeish* (currently simulates 47% of reality) game. I am still not sure whether or not OP is asking that people must use complete overhaul mods, or something in-between because apparently Dwarf Fortress is bland without massive mods?
Pages: 1 [2]