Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery  (Read 7394 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery
« on: April 15, 2022, 05:53:30 pm »

Fire Emblem on Forums: Rebel // Impulse
~~~~RULES~~~~
1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be imprisoned by Guard Golems.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or quietly removed. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
Definitely not ripped off from Solymr's posts, nope.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 05:58:45 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:53:55 pm »

Chapter 1: The C Discovery
~Truth Upon the Wind~

Fiacha. A quaint town in southern Cichol, this time of year. Home to the biggest trading market on the Shard, selling anything from vendor trash to custom-crafted guns smuggled all the way from the back alleys of the darkest corners of Morrigan. My partner and I are here to investigate a simple case; an open-and-shut weapon trading scam. Crafting weapons, made from low-grade materials, polishing the turd, and selling them to unsuspecting newbies like they were endgame weapons. The stats are being spoofed somehow, but we don't know how. Here in Fiacha, you got eff-en-gees digging through mounds of garbage peddled by wannabe merchants like anteaters scrabble through dirt to find the tiniest morsel of insect. But if you know where to look, in the deepest, darkest alleys, like the shadows that play at the corners of your gaze, like the darkness that lurks within the dirty souls of-

Joker. We're here. I've done some scouting ahead. The population is is mostly harmless. Only two merchants made their way into town recently. A Firbolg from Cethleann and a Diver, username Melthorion. He must be the target. How should we approach this?

Maya! I was....almost done with that monologue. Did it sound cool? I thought it sounded cool. I felt really hardboiled there, don't you think?

Joker. On task.

Alright, alright. Well, we can't just storm in there guns blazing. You said you scouted ahead? We know his usual clientele look like new accounts, right? Well, that'll be hard.

Melthorion, according to my sources, also deals in boss loot. Whatever he is using to fake the stats also fakes the descriptions. It wears off quickly, but he's usually gone by that point. If we pose as buyers, we might have an in.

Then that's our point of entry. I knew I could count on you, partner.

Don't thank me yet.

The simulated air of Cichol's countryside smells fresh and grassy, as the shouts of people hawking goods can be heard over the local comms.

Fiacha. Population 5,000 Firbolgs, one of the largest towns and south of Credne, hub city and capital of Cichol Shard. The town is home to several repeating quests; the local area is full of Sluaghs that need clearing to stop them from besieging the townspeople, and of course the Six Houses have their own quests in the area. The market is an open area, with vendors both Firbolg and Diver sitting in a dirt square, with anything from lavish, fully-built permanent stalls to tatty mats with rusty, low-quality objects. Along the south side, food vendors sell various delicacies; the technology of Rebel Impulse is such that, although you don't actually eat, you can definitely taste the difference between auto-cooked and manually-cooked food.

It's a sunny day, and the local newbies are surging in with their drops from repeatable quests.

What are you doing?
//Everyone may post.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 05:55:41 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 06:07:46 pm »

"Do you all find yourself in need of a healer?"
Alexis was haunting the area around the quest boards, looking for groups of newbies that looked unsuspecting enough to exploit - the leader of one such was who she spoke to. Mostly to prevent them from being exploited, and also because she was a tanky healer who needed some damage dealers to help her do some more farming in the area. She also kept her ears open around the people who were more experienced-looking; it was unlikely, but maybe they'd let slip something about shady activities on her home shard.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 06:40:09 pm »

"Mhm... Oh, I see..."

Engrossed in a simple book detailing the history of the town they'd picked up from a local Firbolg shop, Cynefrith is hardly paying attention to where they're going. The book is an excellent read; they'd have to remember the most pertinent details and note them down in their journal later. The people writing these video games could come up with the most interesting stories, and all of it for a town that isn't even the most important one in the area! How fascinating was that?

Fascinating enough for them to walk facefirst into an armored torso hidden among the crowd of players, it seems. They bounce off of Alexis with an audible thunk, only then bothering to stop staring at their reading material and actually look at their surroundings.

"Oh! Excuse me," they say, rubbing their forehead. "Please, forgive my rudeness; I did not see you standing there." Cynefrith clears their throat. What a perfect opportunity to get in some more player-interaction practice...

"I was reading this little volume on the history of Fiacha" - they hold it up - "and it is simply so interesting that it seems I must have lost awareness of my surroundings. Again, I must apologize. I am Cynefrith Godeliva - it is a pleasure to meet you."

The elf offers a kind smile and extends their hand to Alexis.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 07:15:32 pm »

Alexis doesn't seem particularly bothered, save for stumbling slightly at the bump. She turns, and accepts the handshake, with a cautiously firm grip - she didn't want to squash a stranger's hand, after all.

"Not a problem. Alexis Demetriou."
She gives a small bow with one hand across her chest. "I don't suppose you're looking for a party at the moment?" Her expression is guarded, but still friendly.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 08:25:44 pm »

"A party?” They tap their chin with one finger. "My intention in traveling here was not to form one, in honesty... though I do not find myself reluctant to do so, either, now that the question is posed.”

Another smile, and they spread their arms apart, presenting themself to the other. ”If allies are what you seek, then you may count myself as one of them, Ser Alexis.”
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 11:34:21 pm »

"Excellent. Though I believe we'll need someone with more offensive focus to get anything done."
She mused internally about what the woman had said. "And while I appreciate the flattery, I am no knight. Just a wanderer."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 12:08:37 am »

J_S_Sasaki was currently sampling some dango from one of the nearby stalls. It was tasty enough, but not a patch on the real thing in his opinion. He had only been to Japan once or twice - on business -  but he still remembered how divine the cuisine was there.

"Dango under leaves / A bouquet of taste and sight / The pink petals dance."

He paid the stall owner and continued to wander around, watching the players come and go. It was always interesting to see what aesthetically pleased each player, from the local Cichol roleplayers to the Morrigan PvPers who were just in the town to visit friends. Almost every character was unique, a reflection of who that player felt they were deep in their heart. Sasaki wondered if maybe he should update his own appearance soon.

His thoughts were sidetracked, however, as he watched a collision between an elf... mage, he would guess, and what looked like a pixie paladin of some sort. Chewing his dango thoughtfully, he eavesdropped on the conversation. A potential party, was it? That could be fun. He went solo quite often but perhaps throwing his lot in with some randoms could be an intriguing and poem-inspiring change of pace. He stepped out of the crowd near them.

"A chance encounter / Rife with opportunity / I can be your blade.
A humble ronin / Perhaps of little renown / I am Sasaki."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 06:01:23 am »

Sergeant Gustave Noir is on leave. Task Force Hrimfaxi doesn't have any operations planned for today, and the few guild members who are online are catching up on solo content which Gustave wouldn't want to intrude on. Having completed that solo content himself long ago, he must find his own fun.

What that currently means is that he's practicing his stealth skills in this trading market, specifically his skills against players. He goes through the stalls, sometimes openly, sometimes hidden, swiping random cheap items into his inventory as he goes. While it's a little ethically questionable to steal from other players, he makes a point of always leaving generous payment for the items he takes. So far, only a couple merchants have caught him in the act, and none of them have held a grudge after being paid triple for their items. It is just for practice, after all, and Gustave isn't going to miss a few coins overspent on a vendor-trash low-level weapon.

Too easy. Isn't there a proper merchant here who actually knows to watch over their things?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 09:53:33 am »

"Do you guys need anything else?"

A shake of a head, and then a response.

"Yeah, I'm good too. I'm probably heading further south tomorrow, but if you head that way feel free to party up!"

With that, the elf in mage's clothing turned towards Fiacha, waving to the party she had joined for the day, and somewhat tiredly began the walk into town.

It's not such a bad day, Ceiwynn thought.

She had wandered into Fiacha as another stop on her long, thus-far fruitless quest for answers, and while she would leave it enlightened only on the subject of Fiacha's harvest festivals, it was as good a place to grind as any. Maybe better; Cichol reminded Ceiwynn of home. It was a welcome change after so much time on the more technollgically-advanced shards.

She stretched, and wandered into the market, aiming for the food stalls. The day wasn't old yet, so she'd have something to eat before she decided if she would stay another day, or head further south. It wasn't healthy to think on an empty stomach, after all.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 09:56:34 am »

"Well met, Sasaki. I am Alexis Demetriou, and this is Cynefrith Godeliva."
She gives another small bow for the newcomer's benefit. "It's a small endeavor, but perhaps it can provide some small inspiration." Something about her mannerisms is still a bit standoffish. Despite her words, there's a distinct sense that she's carefully considering everything she observes of her two new party members.
GM of Trespassers V2.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 10:28:05 am »

"Excellent. Though I believe we'll need someone with more offensive focus to get anything done."
She mused internally about what the woman had said. "And while I appreciate the flattery, I am no knight. Just a wanderer."

"Ah... Yes, perhaps." Cynefrith muses about their own combat abilities - meager, if they remember correctly. It had been quite some time since their last scuffle. At Alexis' correction, they nod in response.

"Just 'Alexis', then. It makes no difference to me."

"A chance encounter / Rife with opportunity / I can be your blade.
A humble ronin / Perhaps of little renown / I am Sasaki."

She gives another small bow for the newcomer's benefit. "It's a small endeavor, but perhaps it can provide some small inspiration." Something about her mannerisms is still a bit standoffish. Despite her words, there's a distinct sense that she's carefully considering everything she observes of her two new party members.

"A pleasure, Sasaki the Ronin." They laugh. "My, how fortuitous. We were only just discussing our need for a more offensively-oriented party member, and one all but falls into our lap! It's amusing how things can resolve in such a manner from time to time. While I am not incapable of attacking foes, I would describe my talents as a better fit for supporting the efforts of others-- Oh!"

Cynefrith seems to suddenly remember something and scrambles to unclasp one of several weighty-looking tomes from the belt at their waist. "I simply must write this down before I forget the details...! Which one was it? No, not that one..." They flutter through several pages from each of the tomes before settling upon one bound in leather, with marginally less weathering upon its surface.

"Here it is! My Cichol adventuring journal." They produce an inkwell and a pen and begin to write - how they keep the large journal expertly balanced in one hand while they inscribe upon its pages with the other is anyone's guess. "In truth, I had not expected to need use of it so soon... Though, as it appears I have found myself becoming member of such a party for the time being, upon its pages I shall faithfully transcribe our travels with one another within this Shard, until such a time comes when we shall go our separate ways."

Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2022, 11:53:17 am »

"Well met, Alexis / and you as well, Cynefrith / We shall fight as one."

Alexis's careful observance would note Sasaki as, despite his low level, someone quite confident and natural in the game space. He was very comfortable in his control of his character, with a hand resting on the sheath of his katana, just below the guard. The ronin came off as someone who could be a dangerous combatant, but didn't harbor any ill will towards either of them. He quietly finished off his dango and tucked the stick into his obi to be properly disposed of later, giving a small flash of a gun tucked into his kimono.

..."In truth, I had not expected to need use of it so soon... Though, as it appears I have found myself becoming member of such a party for the time being, upon its pages I shall faithfully transcribe our travels with one another within this Shard, until such a time comes when we shall go our separate ways."

The ronin watched with a small amount of interest as the elf pulled out a book and began writing in it. He looked up and reflected.

"Vagabond writer / Recording their encounters / Worthy profession."

He bowed slightly to Cynefrith, then turned to Alexis.

"I hail from Oghma / A ronin of Le Corbeau / Seeking strength. And you?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 11:57:18 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 11:54:11 am »

Sergeant Gustave Noir is on leave. Task Force Hrimfaxi doesn't have any operations planned for today, and the few guild members who are online are catching up on solo content which Gustave wouldn't want to intrude on. Having completed that solo content himself long ago, he must find his own fun.

What that currently means is that he's practicing his stealth skills in this trading market, specifically his skills against players. He goes through the stalls, sometimes openly, sometimes hidden, swiping random cheap items into his inventory as he goes. While it's a little ethically questionable to steal from other players, he makes a point of always leaving generous payment for the items he takes. So far, only a couple merchants have caught him in the act, and none of them have held a grudge after being paid triple for their items. It is just for practice, after all, and Gustave isn't going to miss a few coins overspent on a vendor-trash low-level weapon.

Too easy. Isn't there a proper merchant here who actually knows to watch over their things?

Ellen Mag was sketching out the market square, as she was wont to do; she was in the area for some exploration, but had stopped in town in order to get some simple supplies, and ended up drawing as she tended to do. She was mostly interesting the world - the aesthetics and influences of the location and it's natives. But that didn't mean she didn't get some of the players in there as well.

With an artist's eye on the locale, however, it meant that someone quite observant was watching the progress of a certain sneak-thief. At first she thought they might be a problem, but she was able to notice that they seemed to be leaving behind adequate payment. A thief who paid for their goods? Well, that was intriguing.

She watched the man for some time, then decided she was too curious. Wasn't the point of a MMO meeting interesting people?

Not wanting to potentially cause an issue by outing him, she waited for him to make his way away from the stalls. Coincidentally, passing her bench.

"You know, if you're going to drop them money anyway, it's probably more convenient if you actually ask the owner for the items."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2022, 12:35:38 pm »

"Vagabond writer / Recording their encounters / Worthy profession."

He bowed slightly to Cynefrith, [...]

". . . and Sasaki, the ronin.." Cynefrith looks up from their writing. "Ah, I am pleased to hear you say so. I have long been fascinated with history and stories of adventure within Hybrasil. When I set forth from my village to find my own path in life, I thought it would be appropriate to catalog my own adventures, the people I met with, and so on. I have another one from my travels in Cethleann, much more filled out than this one." They smile radiantly, then return to their journal for the time being.

Cynefrith carries themself with a very open and unassuming air, like they have nothing to hide. The number of tomes and such (magic or otherwise) kept upon their belt reinforces this.
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9