Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery  (Read 7566 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2022, 01:45:45 pm »

"You know, if you're going to drop them money anyway, it's probably more convenient if you actually ask the owner for the items."

Startled, Gustave turns to look at Ellen. Ousted again? For a moment, he reaches for his smoke grenades. But this one doesn't look like a merchant. Not angry, either. Gustave relaxes slightly, but only just.

"You don't get it. I don't want to buy those things. I don't think anyone does; they're crap. But I need to keep my edge. Name's Gustave, Gustave Noir."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2022, 03:36:21 pm »

"I hail from Oghma / A ronin of Le Corbeau / Seeking strength. And you?"

"I seek truth. No more and no less. My path has brought me from Meduseld to here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2022, 01:29:40 am »

"Ah, I am pleased to hear you say so. I have long been fascinated with history and stories of adventure within Hybrasil. When I set forth from my village to find my own path in life, I thought it would be appropriate to catalog my own adventures, the people I met with, and so on. I have another one from my travels in Cethleann, much more filled out than this one."

"May your endeavor / Be received with excitement / And leave an echo."

He was curious but not rude enough to try reading a book over someone's shoulder, much less while it was being written. There would be time later, most likely.

"I seek truth. No more and no less. My path has brought me from Meduseld to here."

"Strength is found simply / One sword counter another / Truth is elusive.
It has many forms / Countless like stars in the sky / What is true to you?"

He wasn't dismissing her quest; rather, questioning the specific nature of what she sought.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 08:19:22 am »

"Some things in this world happen when they shouldn't. I want to know why."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2022, 08:49:03 am »

"Pursuit of knowledge / And the secrets of this world / I can understand.
I sometimes seek, too / And search for hidden beauty / That most will not see.
Perhaps this trio / Will lay bare the truth you seek / Good luck, regardless."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2022, 09:52:43 am »

"May your endeavor / Be received with excitement / And leave an echo."

"You are too kind, truly.” Cynefrith finishes writing and puts away their materials, then looks between their two companions.

"Together may we each find new strength, and truth to the mysteries of this world, and interesting stories to be told for ages to come.”

They make a little show of raising their arms as if beseeching the sky itself. There’s good humor to it, not mockery.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2022, 10:08:54 am »

Gustave, for a moment, feels a pair of eyes watching him closely as he speaks to Ellen. If he were to glance in the direction he felt the eyes on him, however, he'd see a few passing newbies, denoted by the acorn next to their usernames, in a party chatting to each other, but nobody paying close attention to him. At best, he might catch the hint of a trenchcoat disappearing in the crowd, but nothing more.

Nearby, a few people pass out pamphlets advertising Mara Luna's next stream, scheduled for 3 PM PST in a few days, with a planned PvP tourney held at the DcMonalds in Credne followed by boss raids at the Ethniu Ruins in Cethleann to farm materials.

Cynefrith, Sasaki and Alexis are suddenly aware of a man rather out of place.

With sleek black suit, white shirt and black tie, and a slightly dusty fedora, the player looks rather out of place in the medieval fantasy-themed Cichol. By the looks of it, they're either a Lugh or Morrigan player, judging from the revolver holster just visible under their jacket. He closely inspects the selection of a nearby weapon seller. He gives off the air of someone lost in this place as he picks up a knife, examining it in the sunlight.

"Huh. The stats on this are pretty high. For this cheap?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2022, 10:35:16 am »

Alexis watches this happening out of the corner of her eye.

". . . A moment, if you would, my newfound companions."
The pixie walked toward him, then lightly tapped him on the shoulder.

"Friend, have you been to this town before?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2022, 11:25:38 am »

Startled, Gustave turns to look at Ellen. Ousted again? For a moment, he reaches for his smoke grenades. But this one doesn't look like a merchant. Not angry, either. Gustave relaxes slightly, but only just.

"You don't get it. I don't want to buy those things. I don't think anyone does; they're crap. But I need to keep my edge. Name's Gustave, Gustave Noir."

"Ooooh, special training! That's cool!" Ellen nodded with a smile. "Ellen Mag! You're really good at this you know, I think I only noticed you since I was sketching out the place anyway."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2022, 12:38:09 pm »

Gustvae scoffs.

"It's not training. It's survival. When you've been through what I've been through, you learn how to be subtle, or you die. But that's past. I guess."

Gustave glances to the side, wistfully.

"I'm really just on leave here. My usual squaddies are busy, so I'm just going around, doing what I feel like. Right now I felt like practicing a bit. Might pick up a group later to see what the operations here in Cichol are like."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2022, 09:56:22 pm »

Ah! Roleplayer detected! That was a tragic backstory waiting to be exposited right there. Ellen wasn't one herself - she didn't really think about the game like that, wanting to experience it as herself - but no need to rain on other people's fun! So she'd play along with a smile.

"I see! I'm not from around here either. Bit of an explorer and all, seeing all the sights of the shards!" She indicated the sketch she was working on, showing the market scene - and a sneaky man going about his practice. Nothing identifying this early into the sketch, but there wasn't exactly a glut of thieves prowling about. "Ah, I can get you out of the sketch, if you're trying to keep things all hush hush."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2022, 09:18:31 am »

-snip-
The young man turns around, rubbing the back of his head. He laughs.
"That obvious, huh?"
"Yeah, I'm pretty new around here. Been meaning to try out a new loadout."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2022, 09:35:22 am »

"Why would I want you to keep it quiet? It's not like I'm doing anything wrong. In fact, it might be good for the community if people realize they need to protect their things."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 09:49:10 am »

Sasaki looked at Cynefrith, shrugged, and went to go join Alexis in talking to the newbie.

"Inexperience / One can be made a fool of / Would you like some help?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2022, 09:53:06 am »

Alexis nods at the man speaking in verse, apparently not noticing or caring that everything out of his mouth was a haiku.

"Indeed. We've also been looking to fill out a party, if you'd like to do a bit of questing. It may be an opportunity to learn more about the area and the equipment it has to offer."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9