Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery  (Read 7551 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Rebel Impulse IC Thread: Chapter 1: The C Discovery
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2022, 10:05:55 am »

Cynefrith follows Sasaki over; though silent, their journal is once again opened, pen poised and ready.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2022, 08:43:01 pm »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2022, 08:04:59 am »

"Nehushtan! Nehushtan! Become a founding member of a guild that will rock every shard! Rep++ and Zekken within three months or your money back! Nehushtan! Nehushtan!"

A large, imposing being wandered through Fiacha, manually shouting his message every few minutes and making a trip by foot to a new crossroad inbetween shouts. Most would spam /zone or even /shard, but CruXadder wasn't like most other people. First, he preferred the legwalk in this virtual environment stimulating all his senses. Second, a much more practical reason, it was much less likely to draw the ire of a moderator that way. And while he wouldn't admit it, spending the occasional Noda to taste the various food was also a very good reason.

"Nehushtan! Nehushtan! Become a oh that dango's delish! a founding member of a guild that will rock every shard! Rep++ and Zekken within three months or your money back! Nehushtan! Nehushtan!"

Eventually, his recruitment efforts drew him closer to a gathering of people who seem to be roleplaying. He decided to come up with a new approach on the spot.

"Yo! You new in town? Know about the fantastic dango shack nearby?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2022, 08:11:35 am »

"A party? Uh, to do what?"

"Just for some basic questing. I find myself in need of experience and equipment on my journey and this seems as good of a place as any. We can let you know what we've learned of the local area along the way."

"Yo! You new in town? Know about the fantastic dango shack nearby?"

"Somewhat new, yes, so no, I have not had the occasion to visit one."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2022, 11:31:47 am »

The suited man rubs the back of his head.
"Eheh. I wouldn't mind, but uh....I'll need to get those weapons first. Add me and my partner, we can look together. Username's OnyxJoker."

Opening up OnyxJoker's profile tells you a few things immediately. Firstly, he's a mid-level player, and secondly, originally from Lugh, the complete opposite Shard. Nothing too spectacular. Nothing out of place. According to his profile, he's already in a party with another user called Maya. With Rebel Impulse's system allowing for parties of up to 10, and allowing multiple parties to band together up to that total, however, this shouldn't be an issue.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2022, 11:53:34 am »

"I had planned on assisting you with selecting an appropriate weapon. It's not my first time working with an individual from Lugh,"
she gives a small flap of her wings at this, and I have some idea of the sorts of weapons that make for good steps to adjust." She pitched her voice slightly lower. "I am also suspicious of the low price of that gear. It's likely more trouble than you might think."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2022, 12:09:03 pm »

Ceiwynn wandered up the length of the market square, offloading the day's loot as she went. She had just finished eating lunch - while Cichol felt like home, the food was very different, which could be both a blessing and a curse.

More important than her culinary tourism, however, was the decision that Ceiwynn had made to stay at least for the rest of the day and do some more farming. The loot here was as good as anywhere else, and she knew that at some point she would have to start seriously leveling again-she had neglected that after she had left the university. And that meant that she would have to find a-

Overhearing the conversation between the artist and the man in stealth gear, she stopped.

"Well, most of these people here are barely past guild initiation, so the thought's probably never even crossed their minds. Dunno that they'll appreciatethe lesson, though."

She grins slyly.

"I'm Ceiwynn, by the way. Mage by training, wanderer by trade, storyseeker by heart."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 12:27:13 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2022, 01:14:15 pm »

"Why would I want you to keep it quiet? It's not like I'm doing anything wrong. In fact, it might be good for the community if people realize they need to protect their things."

"I dunno! I don't really encounter people doing this kinda thing a lot, so I wasn't sure if I should keep it quiet or not. Maybe mess with the training if people are more aware?" Ellen shrugged. The new arrival showed up - and seemed to settle right into the rp.

"Oh, hello there! Good to meet you." she said to the new arrival. She hadn't been expecting to draw more people into conversation, but she hardly minded.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2022, 01:19:52 pm »

-snip-
OnyxJoker seems to follow her lead, lowering her voice.
"Suspicious, huh? Don't you think that might just be generosity?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2022, 01:29:23 pm »

"You'll forgive me if I am not the type to trust in the charity of others."
Alexis shook her head. "I can't rightly say what, exactly, might be going on with it. If you find yourself a more trusting individual than me, then I won't stop you." She gives a small shrug of her shoulders. "Regardless, I'd still like to group up with you and your partner."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2022, 01:39:20 pm »

"If I remember / ten is the maximum size / We will be five."

Sasaki had no objections to picking up more people. He had joined this one to interact with people, after all, and adding two more to the group wouldn't hurt anything.

"...With that being said / I too harbor suspicions / about the prices."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 01:42:12 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2022, 12:32:46 am »

"I would think it no trouble to investigate the matter regardless," Cynefrith says, their pen flowing briefly across page. "Should the prices be the result of mundane charity, then all is well, with no harm done. And if there is more to the matter than initially seems, we might have quite the interesting adventure upon us, yes?"
Black lives matter.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2022, 08:50:24 am »

"You'll forgive me if I am not the type to trust in the charity of others."

"Good ta know, then I don't have to offer to invite you to some dango! BRUHARHAR!"
"But yeah, cheap equipment with godlike stats? I agree, what's up with that? Ain't gonna touch that with a pole any time soon. Real warriors earn their victories after all!"
"In any case, you're a colorful bunch. Mind if I tag along for now? A man can attempt to recruit people for a guild only for so long before it gets pointless."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2022, 09:47:56 am »

"I've no issue, if the rest of the group doesn't."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2022, 10:38:51 am »

"Hm! I can confidently say I see no issues with this either.”

Cynefrith briefly appraises the newest arrival. "If I were to be so bold as to make such claim, it appears that our newest acquisition would be a disciple of a more martial profession - and never have I read a story within which were described too many warriors.”

A flourish, and their writing tool disappears, leaving a hand free for the elf to offer the man. "I, Cynefrith Godeliva, humbly ask: to whom do we owe the pleasure?”
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9