Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 52581 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #615 on: May 15, 2023, 03:45:17 am »

Isn't Elon just a guy with a lot of money that buys other peoples companies then pretends they were his idea?

Also you guys sure do love to shove politics into every damn thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 15, 2023, 11:00:08 am »

There are few people in the world that left such an impact.  Otherwise, if this thread was just about social media you'd have people ranting about tik-tok.. rather than the usual stuff that gets the natives riled up

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 15, 2023, 11:13:52 am »

What impact has Musk made, exactly? He’s not a revolutionary, he doesn’t come up with the ideas himself. He’s just really good at PR.

He signed a contract to buy Twitter for $45bn before realizing it would be a waste of money, and tried to back out of it before getting sued to buy it. He is not a smart man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 15, 2023, 11:15:56 am »

He’s just really good at PR.

I think that depends on your definition of "good at." I guess if you subscribe to the philosophy that there's no such thing as bad PR......
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 15, 2023, 11:17:51 am »

People seem to consider him some sort of financial wizard, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, so he’s good at PR :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 15, 2023, 11:41:38 am »

Like trump, elon is good at forming a base of people who believe in him so hard that they'll actively deny reality in order to do so, while being bad at keeping everyone else from being pissed off at him.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 15, 2023, 11:48:30 am »

He is the founder of two industry shaping companies, SpaceX and Tesla, which is already more than virtually anyone. He is also founder of several other notable companies(including ChatGpts OpenAI) and one of the wealthiest person in the world.

As wealthy person of influence tweeting at time of USA polarization and becoming more right leaning with time, he is also became very unpopular. Probably roughly half the country's hates him with passion and participating in the usual pejorative circle jerk any time his names come up, unable to see anything beside their politics.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 15, 2023, 11:59:32 am »

Ah yes. Someone with inherited wealth who used that wealth to buy things other people already did must surely be a genius. I'd rather focus on politics than suck the dicks of the wealthy for their good fortune.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 12:03:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 15, 2023, 12:15:37 pm »

I'd probably prefer someone like Black Hat, actually...

(Assuming he even wanted to...)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 15, 2023, 12:57:20 pm »

He is the founder of two industry shaping companies, SpaceX and Tesla, which is already more than virtually anyone. He is also founder of several other notable companies(including ChatGpts OpenAI) and one of the wealthiest person in the world.

As wealthy person of influence tweeting at time of USA polarization and becoming more right leaning with time, he is also became very unpopular. Probably roughly half the country's hates him with passion and participating in the usual pejorative circle jerk any time his names come up, unable to see anything beside their politics.
don't forget founder of twitter, now! and paypal!
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 15, 2023, 01:24:34 pm »

He's not the idea person for crying out loud. Every one of his companies was someone else's idea.  He's the guy who provides venture capital. At most he also used to be a PR guy for seeking more investors. I guess he still kind of is, at that, but he has lost a lot of brownie points with his antics from the last ~5+ years
So, basically a typical CEO.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 15, 2023, 02:32:58 pm »

Ironically you could turn this statement around, and say that perhaps his politics have made him inexplicably popular with some crowd who are unable to see anything besides their politics, perhaps blinding them to the point where they think factual inaccuracies like him founding tesla is true?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 15, 2023, 04:15:11 pm »

Ironically you could turn this statement around, and say that perhaps his politics have made him inexplicably popular with some crowd who are unable to see anything besides their politics, perhaps blinding them to the point where they think factual inaccuracies like him founding tesla is true?
Such a false dichotomy would work better if we weren't on page 42 of a thread devoted to political inspired mass hysteria about Musk tacking over Twitter, with last two pages people doing their best to nitpick as to why Musk is bad, which pretty much the usual absurd koolaid anytime his name is brought up.

p.s. I certainly love SpaceX but say I like Musk or this is about USA politics for me would be factual inaccuracies.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 04:17:06 pm by jipehog »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2023, 04:25:55 pm »

Pretty wild, you'd think that with 42 pages of mass hysteria to refute you'd wouldn't resort to saying things that aren't true to make your point.

p.s. I certainly love SpaceX but say I like Musk or this is about USA politics for me would be factual inaccuracies.

Good thing I didn't say that about you then right? ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2023, 04:40:48 pm »

Is it hysterical to say Musk would make Twitter worse when he’s actually made Twitter worse?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 69