Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 12903 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2022, 12:53:33 pm »

Ah, are you going to answer Euchre and I? That'd be funny, what with you not wanting to vote ToonyMan to tie the votes, nor to pile on Jim Groovester. That'd be a better gambit.

I assume you can't vote Jim Groovester because he's your real King?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2022, 01:01:42 pm »

Ah, are you going to answer Euchre and I? That'd be funny, what with you not wanting to vote ToonyMan to tie the votes, nor to pile on Jim Groovester. That'd be a better gambit.

I assume you can't vote Jim Groovester because he's your real King?
Why would I vote him? He's already in the lead. Jim Groovester if it makes you -- damn it, missed by seconds anyway. Well, we'll suck it up.
I wasn't even going to answer your dumb question, regardless.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The Halt
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2022, 01:05:28 pm »

K, that's all folks. Discussion is over while I tally things up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2022, 01:28:06 pm »

The discussion goes on and on, the True Dwarves arguing amongst themselves with the Guards wonder what in the world is going on. Guilty, Max is guilty, no spin, no jim. No, it's that one, no that one!

Clearly it's Jim! No, it's you! What do you mean, go ahead and check! And so the conversation goes, as the Grudgeful King lies in wait, watching their enemies tear themselves apart. All without him lifting a finger, the council declares two guilty.

As they are dragged and tied, webadict moves to open his mouth, only for Knightwing to shove a bottle in in, eyes glinting with malicious glee. They lean down and whisper: "You lose." And ToonyMan's axe comes down, their heads rolling.

Jim Groovester has been Lynched. Webadict has been lynched.

Those dirty Ellif are still playing their games. But you aren't that easy to kill. Having set a trap for those lured by their false promises, you've snuck in disguised as an ordinary dwarf to help find and execute those traitors. Naturally, as the one True King and elected President of these dwarves, you shall find and eliminate them yourself.

Ability - Democratic Rule(1-Shot): You can demand an additional player be Lynched by PMing at least 24 hours before the end of the Day. However at the end of the day if you failed to lynch a Traitor, you will be killed by the Grudgeful King. If the Grudgeful King is lynched while this ability is active and a Traitor isn't, Town's Win Condition becomes Lynching all Traitors. Using this power will reveal this is not a standard game.  I'll put up the Notice in thread as soon as possible.

Win Condition: Lynch the Grudgeful King.
Lose Condition: The Grudgeful King and his Traitors Outnumber The True Dwarves. (For this condition you count as a True Dwarf by definition. Your being lynched does not lose the game for town, though does mean Fortree is going to need a new president after this.)
Hidden Condition: If the Grudgeful King and 1 True Dwarf are the only ones remaining, the rest of Town votes. (Others do not know this.)

The Council is reduced to 5. The traitor's block is given the signal, and heads roll as the blood of EuchreJack and MaxinumSpin is spilled. It is declared that the council has come to a close, and that the murderer of the president was Jim Groovestar, with these two as his accomplices. The council then comes together to announce Knightwing as the new King of Fortree, while in the shadows the Ellif plot the enslavement of the workers. All while none are aware they have been subverted by a false king.

Knightwing, Toonyman, and Roden win.
Spoiler: Other PM (click to show/hide)

To be honest, fully expected webadict to use that thing. Did he think that it would work day 1? (Or was this just a bad idea.)
The Town/Traitor/King roles were randomized, though webadict as town got that. (Also a reminder to check the numbers before asking for more people. 4/2 would have been a balanced game, just got greedy for more people. Sorry Toony.)
Roden was definitely low profile this game, huh..

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2022, 01:32:27 pm »

Yeeeeep, that's exactly what I figured.
Way to go.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2022, 01:33:26 pm »

Fuck me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2022, 01:35:44 pm »

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2022, 01:37:20 pm »

Nice job playing the Judas, Toony - by the end I had you pegged (an emotional ToonyMan is usually a scum ToonyMan) but at that point there was nothing that could be done about it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2022, 01:38:22 pm »

I'm never playing with Roden or Knightwing in a game that requires attendance to play. It's not fun playing with lurkers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2022, 01:45:20 pm »

Knightwing was the King. I couldn't tell if Jack or Roden was the other Guard. I had to play a little dirty given the situation, sorry. I 100% thought Jack was the other Guard halfway in so I was wrong about that. Their complete silence when Jim told them to vote Knightwing made me really confident, but I guess that was incorrect.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2022, 01:46:28 pm »

Fuck me.
I'm baffled that you thought that EuchreJack was scum, but I'm floored that you thought ToonyMan wasn't scum. I don't care if you thought I was scum, but it shouldn't matter if you think I'm scum if I'm trying to get discussion going.

Yeeeeep, that's exactly what I figured.
Way to go.
Okay, but you didn't really try to push the vote or discussion in a direction that would help.

Knightwing was the King. I couldn't tell if Jack or Roden was the other Guard. I had to play a little dirty given the situation, sorry. I 100% thought Jack was the other Guard halfway in so I was wrong about that. Their complete silence when Jim told them to vote Knightwing made me really confident, but I guess that was incorrect.
Eh. It's hard playing a 7 player game with 5 people.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2022, 01:50:07 pm »

Also, I had to use the double elimination ability: The mafia got to choose the target in the case of a tie, which means that a miselimination on Day 1 means game over.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2022, 02:09:55 pm »

I'm never playing with Roden or Knightwing in a game that requires attendance to play. It's not fun playing with lurkers.
I don't disagree, but I don't see how you didn't realize they were both scum when you should know this is what both of them do as scum.

Honestly, how did anyone not see that knightwing was the king? He was so obviously parading around wearing a sign that said, hey, I'm the king, lynch me.
Okay, but you didn't really try to push the vote or discussion in a direction that would help.
I got in here only shortly before my first post today, after everyone had already moved from obvscum knightwing to you (who I was pretty sure was town), and I didn't have much time to say anything even then. In the gaps between my posts today I was mostly not even here. Besides, I clearly didn't have the power to convince you. So I pretty much figured, welp, guess town's losing, might as well find something else to do.
Before that, I seem to recall that I was pushing the vote in the direction of Knightwing being obviously scum. I can't quite remember if that was right or not, would you remind me?

Look, man, a little humility would be nice. You were so goddamn sure of yourself, even I wanted to switch my vote to you even though I thought you were town. Is it any surprise that Jim did? Now you're just pettily grumbling again, accusing Roden, Knightwing, Jim, and me of all screwing it up for you in different ways as if that changes your own mistake; it's like something my mom would do, I swear. Obviously, town loses as a team and there is blame to go around, but you don't need to point out everyone else's.

I'm not trying to be harsh, this is a pattern for you and it'd be a good idea to remember it the next time you feel 100% certain you've single-handedly figured out the scum team, before you start high-handedly choreographing all of town's future votes.

Tell me, seriously, because I want to understand this, why were you so sure that Knightwing couldn't be the king? I don't mean to harp on this, I'm just utterly baffled and I really do want to know what your reasoning was. I need this information for the future.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2022, 02:14:54 pm »

Also, I had to use the double elimination ability: The mafia got to choose the target in the case of a tie, which means that a miselimination on Day 1 means game over.
At that point the game would have become one of chameleon, where town has to hide they are town. Which is it's own fun idea.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2022, 02:18:16 pm »

I won't go so far to say that I'm bitter but the conclusion of this game leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Fuck me.
I'm baffled that you thought that EuchreJack was scum, but I'm floored that you thought ToonyMan wasn't scum. I don't care if you thought I was scum, but it shouldn't matter if you think I'm scum if I'm trying to get discussion going.

ToonyMan made sense, you didn't, EuchreJack never does.

I fucked up, webadict. I misread the game. It's a habit I've been nurturing recently.

Maximum Spin is the only town player who actually played well this game and ToonyMan is the only scum player who actually played, and he did well too. Good game to both of you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15