Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 12855 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2022, 07:58:32 pm »

ToonyMan's also probably a traitor.

If only there were a way to vote out two people.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2022, 04:42:46 am »

So, we have THREE traitors in a SEVEN person game.
This means the traitors can L-1 a Town Dwarf.  Or, with the assistance of a naive Town Dwarf, outright Lynch a Town Dwarf.

*EJ looks at players voting him*  :o
Yup, that explains it.
The real question is whether I've caught all the traitors voting me, or if some Town Dwarf got caught up in that mess.

ToonyMan's also probably a traitor.

If only there were a way to vote out two people.
I assume this to be doublespeak, wherein Web IS a traitor and is signaling who IS NOT a traitor.
But who believes a Third Voter anyways?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2022, 08:04:24 am »

No, I said it because I can 100% prove I'm Town by allowing us to have two executions. :)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2022, 08:27:33 am »

There is much talk of executing EuchreJack, but among the voices another rises. Two! Lynch Both! Two! Where it came from is unknown, but it resonates among the Dwarves as they are kicked into a frenzy of blood rage. This is not a standard game.
Forsooth, the bloody haze has dropped over their eyes.

EuchreJack - 3 - Jim Groovester, Rode, Webadict
Roden - 1 - EuchreJack
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
webadict - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict,

Two highest votes will be Lynched.
Day ends on May 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM, GMT-5

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2022, 09:02:22 am »

There we go. Now, let's get to work, shall we?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2022, 12:04:41 pm »

Webadict you're doing the same thing as the other game, when you were an opposing Guard to me. Except there are only one set of guards now.

Jack is probably a Rebel here and not a good vote, unless they're the King but that seems too easy here. They're posting with the energy that I've seen from town!Jack.

We can make a list of unlikely Guard/King pairings as players continue to vote.

Webadict

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2022, 12:09:00 pm »

Two highest votes will be Lynched.
:o :o :o

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2022, 01:00:27 pm »

Voting for me indicates that you're a traitor, so you can either vote someone else or stay on me and do jack for the whole game because you're content with voting me out without having to try and do anything but vaguely point at things I did in another game as evidence, which is, really, classic.

So, the real question is are you trying to bait others into voting me, and, if that's the case, why not use better fake evidence? I mean, you're not really giving it your all if you're trying to round up the dissenters in one fell swoop, so I have to conclude that this is scum ToonyMan, which is unfortunate because fakescum ToonyMan is always more fun to play with.

So, how is what I'm doing similar to last game? Please, enlighten us, so that you may instead dance upon the tightrope with me as I juggle swords.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2022, 01:12:01 pm »

You're pinning me as the bad guy, again. This was sort of accurate last game, however I was also not the Distant Third. I feel like that's part of the reason my own King killed me.

I think I have good reason to vote you in this game. I think there's a good chance you're a Guard and know that Jack isn't the King which is why you eagerly voted them here. I believe a King!Webadict would be more hesitant with their vote as they don't want to vote off their own loyal minions. You don't get to put yourself above the law as this impenetrable wall of steel.

Since Tric thinks a dual lynch is totally fine now Webadict wants to vote off both me and Jack together, which I think has a high chance of straight up having the Traitors outnumber us for an instant loss.

I realize I'm voting someone I believe is a Guard and not a King, but the King is harder to find and a Guard still moves us towards winning.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2022, 01:34:37 pm »

Cool rule change, thanks Tric!

Hm, I'm thinking Roden is the mostly likely to be mistaken, so I will be taking my vote off him.

Webadict looks suspicious, mostly for the reasons Toonyman said.

But I think Jim might be a hit, since maybe one of Roden or Web was trying to protect Jim by voting me.  Let us see.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2022, 01:35:53 pm »

No, I said it because I can 100% prove I'm Town by allowing us to have two executions. :)

Uh, you can prove yourself town by:
1) Losing the game and flipping town
2) Getting lynched

So, proving yourself Town is not the win condition.  Play better Web.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2022, 01:38:51 pm »

@Max: Whom are you thinking of voting?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2022, 01:42:33 pm »

Certainly, without question, a double elimination is anti-town at this juncture, and may reasonably be considered anti-town in this game in general. I also see no reason not to accept webadict's claim that he caused this with a power. However, hubris is NAI for webadict. The question for me, then, is whether TricMagic knew this was an anti-town power, such that he would have given it to an anti-town player, or not.

Neither ToonyMan nor EuchreJack look good to me right now, but petty grumbling may also be NAI for all involved parties.

@Max: Whom are you thinking of voting?
This was not intended as a response, as I wrote it all before you posted, except for this bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2022, 01:53:26 pm »

Well, Max is looking better, at least.

@Knightwing: Are you scum? Who do you think is scum? Whom do you plan on voting? Could you vote please?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2022, 01:56:43 pm »

Certainly, without question, a double elimination is anti-town at this juncture, and may reasonably be considered anti-town in this game in general.

I actually disagree. Town can win by lynching the King, so having two shots to do so could be arguably pro-town.  Especially since Mafia have THREE votes.
In fact, lynching two people is the most likely way that Town will actually get to lynch one person of their majority's choosing, as otherwise all town players would have to agree to vote the King.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15