Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 12923 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2022, 01:34:16 am »

It's a good vote, but I feel like this might actually point towards the King being one of Jim Groovester or... Possibly Maximum Spin?

I'm not the King and if you want to lynch me to find out you can but you also need to find somebody who's actually scum to lynch with me otherwise the game ends. I think you'll find that nobody is going to stop you, and not just because the end of day is two days from now and any talk about lynching anybody in a game without hammers is essentially meaningless until hours before the deadline but because nobody immediately loses if I die.

So...probably Knightwing is NOT the King.

. . .

...you can do better than Knightwing

Why don't you show how okay you are with a Knightwing64 lynch by voting him too?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2022, 01:41:05 am »

Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit EuuuuuuuuuuuchreJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2022, 02:00:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2022, 02:31:48 am »

Ok, that was kinda creepy.

Knightwing

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2022, 02:35:15 am »

But honestly, Roden needs to unvote me, or I will have to change my vote later on, as his one-vote on me makes me second place to get lynched.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2022, 02:40:25 am »

I don't know why you care about that if you're not the King.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2022, 05:33:44 am »

I was at schollllllllll.

What can I do to convince you guys that I’m not the king? I really don’t want to y’all to waste a vote.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2022, 05:36:47 am »

Jim Groovester

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2022, 05:39:06 am »

Roden is also highly suspect. Would consider eliminating him.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2022, 08:47:53 am »

Jim Groovester
I've been waiting all day for this!

I was at schollllllllll.

What can I do to convince you guys that I’m not the king? I really don’t want to y’all to waste a vote.
Vote Jim!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2022, 09:13:12 am »

Personally, my reasoning is that Jim Groovester doesn't appear to be attempting to solve the game. The immediate counter to this is that it's Day 1, but... You know, this is a pretty important Day 1, and saying that I'm not impressed with his solving so far is kinda meh, but I feel it has some merits, so I'll instead point out my issues:

So, we have THREE traitors in a SEVEN person game.
This means the traitors can L-1 a Town Dwarf.  Or, with the assistance of a naive Town Dwarf, outright Lynch a Town Dwarf.

*EJ looks at players voting him*  :o
Yup, that explains it.
The real question is whether I've caught all the traitors voting me, or if some Town Dwarf got caught up in that mess.

There are no hammers and the day lasts 72 hours + whenever TricMagic ends it. Quickhammers or last minute vote gaming will not work in this game.
This sentence is fine, but insubstantial. It's NAI, but it's also fluff. It doesn't really push forward a Town agenda.

I am not a traitor, no sireee. I am a normal, law abiding dworf who loves killing puny long ears.
Dang. Why are we voting jack?
I don’t think u can be a double voter

I think a compelling argument could be made to lynch you because you will never post anything of sufficient substance to indicate your alignment one way or the other.
This makes voting on substance a bit of a viable defense for my actions, but that's me proactively defending myself when that doesn't matter. Instead, I'd argue that this pushes forward a traitor agenda, since it indicates that nothing Knightwing64 could post would be substantive enough to unvote them. It's a very non-Town argument, and one I dislike because it pushes the target further into a corner. This feels wolfy to me, but probably only slightly. If anything, it feels like fluff.

Actually, thinking back, I'm confident enough in that to place a vote.
Knightwing
I agree.

Knightwing

I'm game mostly just to see if anybody screeches about it though.

Knightwing64.

You think it means anything that Knightwing64 spent 33% of his contributions to the game so far wondering why people were voting EuchreJack?
I think this is a tough sell to use against Jim. It sounds like he's non-committal, which clashes a bit with his "do it" mentality, which kinda gives me a bit of whiplash, BUT it's actually his most Town-sounding so far, in spite of that. I dislike his defense of the vote, though, because it doesn't appear to have a purpose related to finding Town or scum.

Don't have much time to post right now. I wasn't really expecting powers in this set up, but with how swingy that makes the game I think it implies that both alignments have a hidden ability of some kind. Otherwise, Web is effectively an Innocent Child for balance reasons, as a mafia member could force a double lynch at EoD without anyone being able to do anything about it.

I wouldn't go that far but it's certainly a very strong point in his favor.

webadict using his power

I've skimmed over this discussion and absorbed maybe half of it but I'm going to agree with webadict and his decision to use the power and announce it over holding it in reserve for some potentially more opportune time. (I haven't really thought it through but I think Day 1 is probably the most opportune time to use it anyway.)

There's additional value in using it at this point when the town has a numeric advantage over the scum team in that there's double the opportunity to cause screeching and gnashing of teeth.
This is just fluff as well, which is, again, just NAI, but a bit insubstantial.

Feeling okay about Roden, Maximum Spin, and webadict atypically enough. Not feeling okay about EuchreJack or ToonyMan or Knightwing64.
Dislike that he's still going after EuchreJack without what I feel is a good reason. I'd say the same for ToonyMan, but this feels like the first time he's admitted to disliking ToonyMan. Knightwing64 is already justified, so whatever, but I'm interested in what he finds off about ToonyMan. Anything in particular?

Overall, it just feels like Jim is a bit more on the ball as Town and a bit more pushy, as well. That's one of my biggest concerns here. I'm like 99% sure Knightwing isn't the King, so I want to see if Knightwing is willing to commit to this vote or if he wants to vote someone else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2022, 03:45:25 pm »

Hm, I am OK with voting Knightwing.
Web is OK with voting Knightwing.
Max, Toonyman, & Jim ARE voting Knightwing.
So...probably Knightwing is NOT the King.

What was happening shortly before Max suggested Knightwing?

I'm fine with dying if we can agree on a top hit alongside me. It would remove me as a suspect and we only instant lose if the other player is also town. This should prove I'm not the King at least. It also means I won't have to play in this game anymore.
If you are on the chopping block as wrongly-accused town, shouldn't your view of the game be better than ours?
Which player(s) do you think deserve the honor of dying with you? By your POV, you have a 50/50 chance.
...you can do better than Knightwing
I think I would be okay with Knightwing or Jim. Although I note your extreme hesitance to vote Knightwing along with Webadict. I would find this more compelling to pursue if I didn't think you were town. If we lose to mafia!Jack here then you deserve to win again.

Max and Roden are probably Rebels since I agree with them.

I was at schollllllllll.
Well maybe you can vote someone.

Roden is also highly suspect. Would consider eliminating him.
Why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2022, 04:54:04 pm »

So, you think EuchreJack, Max, and Roden are Town, which infers that you think Jim, Knightwing and I are scum?

If that's the case, why would I be okay with voting Knightwing and Jim? I feel like that implies you think I'm the Traitor King, which is fair if you think being the Traitor King gave me an ability, or it might be a setup to swap the vote to me, but this makes it feel like you think Jim is a Traitor?

Seems a little confusing to me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2022, 04:57:49 pm »

Personally, my reasoning is that Jim Groovester doesn't appear to be attempting to solve the game. The immediate counter to this is that it's Day 1, but... You know, this is a pretty important Day 1, and saying that I'm not impressed with his solving so far is kinda meh, but I feel it has some merits, so I'll instead point out my issues:

This is bullshit but I don't feel like spending that much time arguing about it.

I wonder how town should hunt in this game if the scum team doesn't know each other except for the two guards knowing the King. Do you think pressing people to see who gets nervous about it might be one way to go about it?

Nah that'd never work.

Overall, it just feels like Jim is a bit more on the ball as Town and a bit more pushy, as well. That's one of my biggest concerns here. I'm like 99% sure Knightwing isn't the King, so I want to see if Knightwing is willing to commit to this vote or if he wants to vote someone else.

Yeah okay, me watching EuchreJack's activity for half an hour to make sure he was online and saw me call him out on Knightwing64 and triple posting telling him to vote somebody he says he's okay with voting isn't being pushy, alright.

Anyways webadict you can lynch me if you want but I'm going to keep my vote on Knightwing64 just to spite you and EuchreJack who both agree that Knightwing64 is definitely not the King, and thanks to your double lynching ability that's something you're going to have to work around.

I think I would be okay with Knightwing or Jim. Although I note your extreme hesitance to vote Knightwing along with Webadict. I would find this more compelling to pursue if I didn't think you were town. If we lose to mafia!Jack here then you deserve to win again.

Man remember in Lords of Mafia when EuchreJack scumslipped about the remaining team composition and revealed he didn't actually know what team he was supposed to pretend to be on and notquitethere pointed it out and everybody (particularly me) ignored him?

This reminds me of that.

That was all.

Thanks for reading.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2022, 05:10:58 pm »

Fine, maybe I will vote you Jim, if you want it to be that way.

Jim Groovester
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15