Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 12922 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2022, 05:29:49 pm »

So, you think EuchreJack, Max, and Roden are Town, which infers that you think Jim, Knightwing and I are scum?

If that's the case, why would I be okay with voting Knightwing and Jim? I feel like that implies you think I'm the Traitor King, which is fair if you think being the Traitor King gave me an ability, or it might be a setup to swap the vote to me, but this makes it feel like you think Jim is a Traitor?

Seems a little confusing to me.
I don't know. I'm just assuming you're town because of bullshit powers even though I don't really like your posts. I'm voting Knightwing because I believe Jim more than Knightwing. If Jim is town there's a very strong possibility that Jack and Knightwing are both mafia. So voting Knightwing makes the most amount of sense here. If we vote off both Jim and Knightwing today with the double lynch I think at least one will be a hit. There's no way both are town.

Why is Roden scummy?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2022, 05:31:50 pm »

Fine, maybe I will vote you Jim, if you want it to be that way.

Jim Groovester
Good there's a vote, now why is Jim scum?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2022, 06:10:41 pm »

I think I would be okay with Knightwing or Jim. Although I note your extreme hesitance to vote Knightwing along with Webadict. I would find this more compelling to pursue if I didn't think you were town. If we lose to mafia!Jack here then you deserve to win again.

Man remember in Lords of Mafia when EuchreJack scumslipped about the remaining team composition and revealed he didn't actually know what team he was supposed to pretend to be on and notquitethere pointed it out and everybody (particularly me) ignored him?

This reminds me of that.

That was all.

Thanks for reading.

AND I WON!!!!

Primarily because NQT's logic got buried.  So we can't let that happen here.

Voting Toonyman.  Who else can vote Toonyman?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2022, 06:13:05 pm »

As everyone decides who to vote leading up to end of day, share my fears.
We know Webadict changed the rules by adding a second lynch.

How do we know someone else doesn't have the ability to reactivate HAMMERS?
The vote you cast may be your last. No fake voting.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2022, 06:20:42 pm »

Dunno, something he said just rubbed me the wrong way

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2022, 06:38:48 pm »

AND I WON!!!!

Maybe I wasn't clear but the point I was trying to make to ToonyMan is that he shouldn't be brushing his misgivings about you away so easily.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2022, 06:44:47 pm »

AND I WON!!!!

Maybe I wasn't clear but the point I was trying to make to ToonyMan is that he shouldn't be brushing his misgivings about you away so easily.

Bah, I never understood NQT's scumslip argument anyways.

So Jim & Toony are a team.  Interesting

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2022, 06:49:18 pm »

So, you think EuchreJack, Max, and Roden are Town, which infers that you think Jim, Knightwing and I are scum?

If that's the case, why would I be okay with voting Knightwing and Jim? I feel like that implies you think I'm the Traitor King, which is fair if you think being the Traitor King gave me an ability, or it might be a setup to swap the vote to me, but this makes it feel like you think Jim is a Traitor?

Seems a little confusing to me.
I don't know. I'm just assuming you're town because of bullshit powers even though I don't really like your posts. I'm voting Knightwing because I believe Jim more than Knightwing. If Jim is town there's a very strong possibility that Jack and Knightwing are both mafia. So voting Knightwing makes the most amount of sense here. If we vote off both Jim and Knightwing today with the double lynch I think at least one will be a hit. There's no way both are town.

Why is Roden scummy?

I don't like this post.  Posts like "Lynch these two and you're guaranteed to hit scum" sound to me like a way to get town to lynch two townies (with the assistance of the scum team of THREE people).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2022, 06:50:54 pm »

My vote's in the right place. I don't vote if I don't mean it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2022, 06:56:59 pm »

I'm switching back to Jim Groovester, but note with concern how many people seem unable to vote Toonyman.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2022, 08:39:44 pm »

Dunno, something he said just rubbed me the wrong way
Wow. Great.

AND I WON!!!!

Yeah I see that, it's just that voting Knightwing seems better than Jack here if it's the case I can believe you.

So Jim & Toony are a team.  Interesting
It's possible we're both town, yes.

My vote's in the right place. I don't vote if I don't mean it.
Conviction, I like it.

I'm switching back to Jim Groovester, but note with concern how many people seem unable to vote Toonyman.
You mean like you jumping back off me? If people don't want to vote me then that's on them and means I'm doing a good job, sadly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2022, 08:52:50 pm »

Personally, my reasoning is that Jim Groovester doesn't appear to be attempting to solve the game. The immediate counter to this is that it's Day 1, but... You know, this is a pretty important Day 1, and saying that I'm not impressed with his solving so far is kinda meh, but I feel it has some merits, so I'll instead point out my issues:

This is bullshit but I don't feel like spending that much time arguing about it.

I wonder how town should hunt in this game if the scum team doesn't know each other except for the two guards knowing the King. Do you think pressing people to see who gets nervous about it might be one way to go about it?

Nah that'd never work.

Overall, it just feels like Jim is a bit more on the ball as Town and a bit more pushy, as well. That's one of my biggest concerns here. I'm like 99% sure Knightwing isn't the King, so I want to see if Knightwing is willing to commit to this vote or if he wants to vote someone else.

Yeah okay, me watching EuchreJack's activity for half an hour to make sure he was online and saw me call him out on Knightwing64 and triple posting telling him to vote somebody he says he's okay with voting isn't being pushy, alright.

Anyways webadict you can lynch me if you want but I'm going to keep my vote on Knightwing64 just to spite you and EuchreJack who both agree that Knightwing64 is definitely not the King, and thanks to your double lynching ability that's something you're going to have to work around.

I think I would be okay with Knightwing or Jim. Although I note your extreme hesitance to vote Knightwing along with Webadict. I would find this more compelling to pursue if I didn't think you were town. If we lose to mafia!Jack here then you deserve to win again.

Man remember in Lords of Mafia when EuchreJack scumslipped about the remaining team composition and revealed he didn't actually know what team he was supposed to pretend to be on and notquitethere pointed it out and everybody (particularly me) ignored him?

This reminds me of that.

That was all.

Thanks for reading.
I'm trying to help the Town, and I'd prefer that you help do that. I do not mind if you'd like to pick the secondary vote. I think that's actually a completely workable idea, if you honestly believe that Knightwing is at the very least a Traitor. I'd prefer that you vote for someone that you think is the King, though, since this is the best chance to do that.

I'm still fine with voting Knightwing. I just do not believe that Knightwing is the King. I think that you are a very likely candidate because I feel that you are at the very least a Traitor, and at the worst, the King. If anything, I think Knightwing accidentally spilled Town, but that's personal preference at this point. If you take that as me protecting him, then that's silly.

Do you think that what I'm doing is anti-Town? Or, do you believe that I do not have the Town's best interests in mind? If you do, feel free to say it so that I may help correct that impression.

I guess... Part of why I think it's you is intuition, which is a bad reason, for sure. Part of it is that ToonyMan called you the king. The second is that Roden jumped onto your initial vote. If you were the King, you'd be able to vote anyone and be able to signal your Guards who they were. That's actually why I immediately jumped onto your EuchreJack vote. I mean, EuchreJack didn't particularly strike me as Town at that point, but he wasn't particularly scummy either. I figured that if there was a bandwagon starting, if I jumped onto it, I'd look like a Traitor to the King, so the King might trust me, as it felt likely it was a King or Traitor start.

A lot of that is circumstantial, but it feels correct, and if it's not, I feel like we can work that out shortly. But, to me, this actually makes ToonyMan, Roden, and Maximum Spin look bad from your perspective. Roden has a bit of leeway, since he's not particularly active, but Maximum Spin and ToonyMan should be trying something here to try and figure out what's what.

Now, to say that ToonyMan isn't doing anything is a bit unfair, but... I do feel that he has an anti-Town agenda. I also think that ToonyMan is frustrated by a random ability, which is completely fair. I would also be a bit upset over that, which is why I'm willing to give him some slack.

Maximum Spin I'm unsure of. He is a tough read, but I'm not seeing anything particularly Town-minded in his words. Sooo... I can't be sure of him. But, I'd be interested in why you don't think it's Max, Roden, or ToonyMan, since they're a bit content to let you be voted out if you're not a Traitor.

EuchreJack cannot be a Traitor from my perspective because he's willing to change his vote as needed. He's... a bit too eager to follow me, but I'm Town, and I don't think he's a Traitor, so I'm gonna let it slide for the entire game.

... Did I explain that a bit better? Hopefully whoever is Town understands that I'm trying to do what I can before Day end, because we don't have much time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2022, 09:15:13 pm »

Okay, I'll copy Jack then.

Who do I vote for Webadict? Who's the King if it's not Jim?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2022, 10:17:59 pm »

That seems reductionist. Do you think that Jack is copying me? Personally, I've found me copying Jack more, so that's not a fair assessment unless you only looked at the votes.

If you don't think it's Jim, then why not investigate Roden or Maximum Spin? Or, continue pushing a case on Knightwing64? I'm not against anything here. I don't think it's EuchreJack, though, but if you can make a valid case for EuchreJack, I'm not going to stop you. I probably won't join it, and I may defend EuchreJack, but I'm not going to stop you from making cases on anyone you feel like.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2022, 10:25:50 pm »

And I find this outright absurd.

If you are "copying me" by following Web, then you vote Jim.
Your inability to do this, by the follow up question "Who's the King if it's not Jim?" is a non sequitur.

The natural outcome, if you were to "copy Jack" is to vote Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15