Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 12915 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2022, 02:01:42 pm »

I actually disagree. Town can win by lynching the King, so having two shots to do so could be arguably pro-town.
You realize that's less likely than blowing them both on town, and losing, right?
In fact, lynching two people is the most likely way that Town will actually get to lynch one person of their majority's choosing, as otherwise all town players would have to agree to vote the King.
I'd buy this if I thought there was any chance that a majority of people in this forum would ever agree on the right target. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2022, 02:46:17 pm »

You're pinning me as the bad guy, again. This was sort of accurate last game, however I was also not the Distant Third. I feel like that's part of the reason my own King killed me.

I think I have good reason to vote you in this game. I think there's a good chance you're a Guard and know that Jack isn't the King which is why you eagerly voted them here. I believe a King!Webadict would be more hesitant with their vote as they don't want to vote off their own loyal minions. You don't get to put yourself above the law as this impenetrable wall of steel.

Since Tric thinks a dual lynch is totally fine now Webadict wants to vote off both me and Jack together, which I think has a high chance of straight up having the Traitors outnumber us for an instant loss.

I realize I'm voting someone I believe is a Guard and not a King, but the King is harder to find and a Guard still moves us towards winning.
That's some shit reasoning and you know it.

Certainly, without question, a double elimination is anti-town at this juncture, and may reasonably be considered anti-town in this game in general. I also see no reason not to accept webadict's claim that he caused this with a power. However, hubris is NAI for webadict. The question for me, then, is whether TricMagic knew this was an anti-town power, such that he would have given it to an anti-town player, or not.

Neither ToonyMan nor EuchreJack look good to me right now, but petty grumbling may also be NAI for all involved parties.

@Max: Whom are you thinking of voting?
This was not intended as a response, as I wrote it all before you posted, except for this bit.
That's some shittier reasoning and you know it.

On the fucking contrary, double eliminating is absolutely powerful here for three reasons: One, it should, without a doubt, remove me as a possible Traitor. At the very least, there's no reason for me to use this ability as a Traitor now. But, that's WIFOM reasoning, and out of all the players here, I'm the most likely to concoct such a reasoning, but do you really think I'd be dumb enough as a Traitor to ever use this power... ever?

The second reason it's useful is that this power is surprisingly useless to me. The only moment I could possible use it better is after a Traitor is already voted out, but that's betting against the house, and since you inherently agree with this notion, this is now the second best time to use it, since the chances of hitting at least one Traitor is actually really good with a double vote. I'm not going to plan on using this at the 50:50 mark, either, since that's an even worse plan. So, basically, the plan was either to never use it or to use it at an advantage, which we're currently at, so, ya know.

Third, and probably even better than anything else... It gave us all something to talk about! And what better reason than that.

Now, back to ToonyMan, who would absolutely know better:
I realize I'm voting someone I believe is a Guard and not a King, but the King is harder to find and a Guard still moves us towards winning.
There's two eliminations. If you believe I'm a Guard, then you're not using your brain, so here's a thought that you can chew on: Why not use that second elimination to find the King or a (real) Guard? Y'all got time to start talking, get to it. I'm not sure how you could possible think I'm a Guard, but I think that's mostly not your real thought, and that instead your goal is to convince the non-Traitors that I'm a Traitor because, let's face it, that's kind of your shtick, and you can always bank on EuchreJack or TricMagic to believe everything you say at face value because I'm clearly the only one with an agenda. I assume that everyone else is submitting posts through their local mail carrier, or have we invented telephones yet?

Webadict looks suspicious, mostly for the reasons Toonyman said.
Classic.

You're pinning me as the bad guy, again. This was sort of accurate last game, however I was also not the Distant Third. I feel like that's part of the reason my own King killed me.
I'm pinning you as the bad guy? How? Please reference the ways I'm doing that. Are you, perhaps, a bad guy? I apologize, I'd like to make an adendum to why I think you're anti-Town then:
- One, you would assume, at worst, NAI on me using this ability. You would absolutely believe that I'd use this as Town, and you'd assume that I might use it even as scum. I use shit on Day 1 all the time. I've shot you on Day 1 before! You never really took that at face value, though, and skipped right past it because you're not trying to solve the game.
- Two, by refusing to weigh this as evidence, you're not trying to solve the game, and you've also likely correctly identified me as Town by doing so. In so far as you can assume, then, if I'm Town, you're only motive in voting me should be to try and bait others into voting me if you're Town, or to gather support for voting me if you're not. The reason I think it's the latter is that I pushed you immediately for better evidence, and you were rather quick to defend this action, but you refused to show the potential counter-evidence, which is that I'm an escaped patient from the local asylum and that you really only have one piece of evidence against me.
- Three, you weren't doing anything before this, and that's why I said you were probably a Traitor. I want you front and center so that you can be judged on your actions, instead of hiding in the back. That's about 50% of the reason I used this action.

Y'ALL WANT MORE?!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2022, 03:44:43 pm »

Since Tric is the mod, and it's usually Tric's job to say "But Web, Jack is just being dumb" and it's my job to say "But Web, Tric is just being dumb", to town clear us both, uh maybe you could figure that out yourself this time?  :P

I am getting town vibes from Web, and I am starting to suspect Toonyman.
I mean, unless someone else wants to claim to have triggered the Double Lynch, Web has now claimed it. 
And I agree on the timing.
And I will again reiterate that it allows a King to get Lynched under the current mechanics, so eh, Web is town I guess.
Anyone want to explain how Web is NOT town if Web did in fact trigger the Double Lynch? The floor is yours...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2022, 03:47:16 pm »

There is much talk of executing EuchreJack, but among the voices another rises. Two! Lynch Both! Two! Where it came from is unknown, but it resonates among the Dwarves as they are kicked into a frenzy of blood rage. This is not a standard game.
Forsooth, the bloody haze has dropped over their eyes.

EuchreJack - 3 - Jim Groovester, Rode, Webadict
Roden - 1 - EuchreJack
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
webadict - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict,

Two highest votes will be Lynched.
Day ends on May 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM, GMT-5
@Tric: Is this correct? Is Web a double voter, or is this a misprint?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2022, 03:52:14 pm »

Alright. I'm willing to accept that EuchreJack is Town, and as such, I'm forced to unvote.

If I'm a double voter, I'm not aware of it. I only caused the double elimination, but if anyone else wants to claim causing it, go for it? It'd be exceedingly dumb to claim that, but sure!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2022, 03:53:09 pm »

I don’t think u can be a double voter

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2022, 04:16:21 pm »

I don’t think u can be a double voter

Double voter is very much a thing. We had one in Vote Mafia and Totem Mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2022, 04:25:13 pm »

- One, you would assume, at worst, NAI on me using this ability. You would absolutely believe that I'd use this as Town, and you'd assume that I might use it even as scum.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean Tric allowing double lynches? Why is that alignment determinate?

I can understand the mod changing the rules mid-game, especially with Tric. But there's no one with abilities in this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2022, 04:33:07 pm »

I have exactly no willpower to argue with Webadict spewing bullshit and I've ended up busy today so maybe tomorrow I'll feel like suffering.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2022, 04:51:58 pm »

I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean Tric allowing double lynches? Why is that alignment determinate?

I can understand the mod changing the rules mid-game, especially with Tric. But there's no one with abilities in this game.
Incorrect. I literally used an ability to do that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »

It is pointless to believe anything other than I used an ability to do that because I definitely did.

If you do not believe that, then you are not paying attention. If you think I am lying, then it is a stupid lie to tell because it is easily disproved.

I'm not sure why you wish to argue about that particular point because it furthers nothing. Let's, instead, argue about whether that would make me Town or not, because I 100% used an ability that allowed for double eliminates.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2022, 05:48:47 pm »

@ModTric: Can you confirm whether the two lynches is due to the use of an ability by a player?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2022, 05:58:35 pm »

There is much talk of executing EuchreJack, but among the voices another rises. Two! Lynch Both! Two! Where it came from is unknown, but it resonates among the Dwarves as they are kicked into a frenzy of blood rage. This is not a standard game.
Forsooth, the bloody haze has dropped over their eyes.

EuchreJack - 3 - Jim Groovester, Roden, Webadict
Roden - 1 - EuchreJack
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
webadict - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan,

Two highest votes will be Lynched.
Day ends on May 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM, GMT-5
@Tric: Is this correct? Is Web a double voter, or is this a misprint?

Misprint.
And yeah, it's the result of an Ability.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15