Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 12301 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2022, 06:10:18 pm »

Easily proven, but less fun if I do it myself. I prefer allowing others the chance of accepting what I say as truth, like Maximum Spin.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2022, 09:02:43 pm »

Don't have much time to post right now. I wasn't really expecting powers in this set up, but with how swingy that makes the game I think it implies that both alignments have a hidden ability of some kind. Otherwise, Web is effectively an Innocent Child for balance reasons, as a mafia member could force a double lynch at EoD without anyone being able to do anything about it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2022, 09:09:18 pm »

Technically, I had to give 24 hours, but yes otherwise.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2022, 09:32:56 pm »

Don't have much time to post right now. I wasn't really expecting powers in this set up, but with how swingy that makes the game I think it implies that both alignments have a hidden ability of some kind. Otherwise, Web is effectively an Innocent Child for balance reasons, as a mafia member could force a double lynch at EoD without anyone being able to do anything about it.

What are your reads, Roden?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2022, 09:40:12 pm »

Reads:
webadict: Probably town due to use of the double lynch ability, although Web as the King would totally use that ability
MaximumSpin: Likely town, due to logical posting   
Knightwing: One day, Knightwing will post something to not be NAI.  Eh, likely town.     
Roden: Not seeing anything to remove from the scum party, since THREE scum             
Jim Groovester: Looks scummy
ToonyMan: Maybe Toonyman is the Grudgeful King?

In case it wasn't obvious, I think the scum team likely includes two out three of Roden, Jim, & ToonyMan.  I'm certainly wrong about one of them, but which one?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2022, 09:44:43 pm »

Usually, this is what scum knightwing looks like.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2022, 09:46:00 pm »

Actually, thinking back, I'm confident enough in that to place a vote.
Knightwing

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2022, 10:00:49 pm »

@Everyone: Who ELSE do you think is scum rather than whom you are voting?
IF NOT VOTING, WHY?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2022, 11:58:34 pm »

And yeah, it's the result of an Ability.
What the fuck.

I didn't sign up for an unknown rules bastard game.

Knightwing
I agree.

Knightwing

Look at their Kill Webadict Now posts when they were the Webadict, it's really similar.

@Everyone: Who ELSE do you think is scum rather than whom you are voting?
IF NOT VOTING, WHY?
I don't know. I'm just going to agree with Roden and assume Webadict is town because they have an OP ability and not care about it.

I think Jack is a Rebel. Roden is probably a Rebel.

Jim is weird. Knightwing is suspicious. Max I don't know, big surprise.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2022, 12:15:36 am »

And yeah, it's the result of an Ability.
What the fuck.

I didn't sign up for an unknown rules bastard game.
I am strongly agreeing with this take...
Max I don't know, big surprise.
Buuut, you agree with me about Knightwing, why would I out him if I was on his team? I guess, in this setup, you could think that he's scum but I wrongly think he really isn't, but that's kind of dumb, frankly. If you agree with me about Knightwing then you should trust me for pointing it out.

By the way, he was the same in... that one we just did that was also webadict's where he subbed out, too. I noticed it then, but failed to go with my gut on it. Not making that mistake again.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2022, 12:54:16 am »

So, we have THREE traitors in a SEVEN person game.
This means the traitors can L-1 a Town Dwarf.  Or, with the assistance of a naive Town Dwarf, outright Lynch a Town Dwarf.

*EJ looks at players voting him*  :o
Yup, that explains it.
The real question is whether I've caught all the traitors voting me, or if some Town Dwarf got caught up in that mess.

There are no hammers and the day lasts 72 hours + whenever TricMagic ends it. Quickhammers or last minute vote gaming will not work in this game.

I am not a traitor, no sireee. I am a normal, law abiding dworf who loves killing puny long ears.
Dang. Why are we voting jack?
I don’t think u can be a double voter

I think a compelling argument could be made to lynch you because you will never post anything of sufficient substance to indicate your alignment one way or the other.

Knightwing
I agree.

Knightwing

I'm game mostly just to see if anybody screeches about it though.

Knightwing64.

You think it means anything that Knightwing64 spent 33% of his contributions to the game so far wondering why people were voting EuchreJack?

It is pointless to believe anything other than I used an ability to do that because I definitely did.

You didn't have to announce that you used this ability, right?

I wouldn't go that far but it's certainly a very strong point in his favor.

webadict using his power

I've skimmed over this discussion and absorbed maybe half of it but I'm going to agree with webadict and his decision to use the power and announce it over holding it in reserve for some potentially more opportune time. (I haven't really thought it through but I think Day 1 is probably the most opportune time to use it anyway.)

There's additional value in using it at this point when the town has a numeric advantage over the scum team in that there's double the opportunity to cause screeching and gnashing of teeth.

Jim is weird.

You're weird!

Feeling okay about Roden, Maximum Spin, and webadict atypically enough. Not feeling okay about EuchreJack or ToonyMan or Knightwing64.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2022, 01:05:31 am »

I am also in agreement with choosing Knightwing64, but that leads me to believe that he may very well be a Guard, and not the King. It's a good vote, but I feel like this might actually point towards the King being one of Jim Groovester or... Possibly Maximum Spin? I don't think it's ToonyMan (for now), and while it could be EuchreJack, I'd still vote literally anyone else over EJ, so that's not a viable suspect.

Overall, I'm still thinking ToonyMan and Jim Groovester are big suspects, if only because no one is making a big enough deal about them. Also, I'm sheeping Jack because he's got good ideas, and people were making a big deal about him before.

You didn't have to announce that you used this ability, right?
I did not. I chose to because it was weird that I was given the ability at all. I was about 50:50 on using it at all, but I kinda shrugged my shoulders and just went for it because why not make it more interesting?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2022, 01:16:03 am »

I'm fine with dying if we can agree on a top hit alongside me. It would remove me as a suspect and we only instant lose if the other player is also town. This should prove I'm not the King at least. It also means I won't have to play in this game anymore.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2022, 01:29:42 am »

Hm, I am OK with voting Knightwing.
Web is OK with voting Knightwing.
Max, Toonyman, & Jim ARE voting Knightwing.
So...probably Knightwing is NOT the King.

What was happening shortly before Max suggested Knightwing?

I'm fine with dying if we can agree on a top hit alongside me. It would remove me as a suspect and we only instant lose if the other player is also town. This should prove I'm not the King at least. It also means I won't have to play in this game anymore.
If you are on the chopping block as wrongly-accused town, shouldn't your view of the game be better than ours?
Which player(s) do you think deserve the honor of dying with you? By your POV, you have a 50/50 chance.
...you can do better than Knightwing

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2022, 01:34:04 am »

Hm, nobody seems to inclined to vote Jim or Roden.  I see reluctance to vote Web, although that I think started after Web's ability triggered.
Am I wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15