Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph: The Game  (Read 14270 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph (0/?)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 12:29:02 am »

((This looks kinda neat. Is there still room? If yes, do I need to know anything about this setting beyond what's mentioned in the intro blurb?))
I guess it also bears noting, the original series took place in the "modern world" of the late '90s. While I was technically around at that time, I'm not confident in my ability to accurately emulate that time period, so just gonna bump the setting up a bit to the current modern world. We'll see how well the Yeerks can deal with humanity's newfound smart phone capabilities.
Gonna try and get Turn One up in just a little bit.

((OK, but so can I join oooor?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 12:47:26 am »

((This looks kinda neat. Is there still room? If yes, do I need to know anything about this setting beyond what's mentioned in the intro blurb?))
I guess it also bears noting, the original series took place in the "modern world" of the late '90s. While I was technically around at that time, I'm not confident in my ability to accurately emulate that time period, so just gonna bump the setting up a bit to the current modern world. We'll see how well the Yeerks can deal with humanity's newfound smart phone capabilities.
Gonna try and get Turn One up in just a little bit.

((OK, but so can I join oooor?))
Of course, get your sheet up (got distracted and didn't write a turn, heh)

All very true, and also stuff your characters have no idea about yet :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 12:49:02 am by Remalle »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2022, 12:48:27 am »

double post :x

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2022, 01:34:55 am »

Name: Zack Olos

Background:  Intelligent, but somewhat lazy, Zack is always more interested in having fun than doing his best work.  Overall, he's a fairly ordinary kid mostly interested in having fun and sliding through life.. this is a point of view encouraged by his hardworking parents and older brother, who work long hours and take home honor student accolades, respectively.

Zach has mostly interested in a string of brief, but dropped hobbies.. science, writing, art, a dozen more.. but mostly of late he's been exploring his hometown, poking around for secrets.

Description: Medium height and a bit on the wimpy side.  Wears T-shirts, polo shirts, and jeans, just easy-to-wear and simple clothes.  Except for a pair of skateboarding shoes.

Trait: Aerial Ace

Follow orders and beat a hasty retreat.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2022, 10:10:33 am »

Spoiler: Henrik (click to show/hide)

Since we have to touch things after receiving morphing abilities (I assume we'd know that), just get away as stealthily as possible. Only run if caught, otherwise just stay behind things/in shadows and get away.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2022, 12:14:52 am »

(This post brought to you by The Omnific)

<Run!> was the mouthless alien's final instruction, somehow appearing directly in the heads of the motley group, impossible to confuse for their own thoughts. As the enemy troops bear down on them, the newly drafted defenders of Earth consider their very first actions of this war...

Retreat, but think of a way to draw out just one of the enemy such that it may be Acquired. And then either executed or trapped for three days.
Red-haired Sophia is the first out of the gate, realizing quickly that the alienness of the enemy doesn't preclude them from being acquired and morphed like any other animal. As she backs away from her hiding spot, [6+Ruthless Strategist prevents overshoot] she is able to take advantage of her smaller size and lure a seven foot tall Hork-Bajir into a small shed where it is briefly hampered in mobility. With shaking hands she reaches out and touches the leathery skin of the saurian monster, and it very quickly enters a trance-like state as its cells are scanned by the Andalite morphing technology.
Sophia has acquired a Hork-Bajir morph.

turn into mole.  find dirt.  dig as deep down as possible. 
The abnormally normal Fred, by contrast, decides to experiment with the new ability in a different way. He remembers holding a mole in his hands on a field trip three years ago, and concentrates on that memory, but unfortunately nothing happens. It seems that one can only morph a creature they have acquired using the morphing technology.
[4] Fred is still and quiet in the attempt, and the sharp senses of the patrolling aliens have not yet located him.

RUN! But also remember the face of your new enemy’s, so that you may burn it into your mind and never forget. The Yeerk… what a despicable species.
Chris is next to act. The muscular jock is quick to direct his anger towards the Yeerks, but pushes down his first instinct to attack and decides to follow the warrior's orders instead. [2] He starts running, but quickly draws the attention of a nearby Taxxon. [Taxxon: 2] The giant centipede creature moves to follow, but as Chris's escape route turns out to be through an under-construction maze of half-built walls and rebar, both end up spending more time trying to navigate the terrain than running or chasing.

Get the fuck out of there.  Tag along with Sophia if reasonable, but don't stick around if she does.  Insist that the aliens have fucking laser guns, and were probably prepared to fight trained andalite soldiers, so we should REALLY just be fleeing.  :<
After just a moment's consideration Isabella chases after Sophia, who despite the similar age looks as though their life circumstances could not have been any more different. After watching Sophia duck into a maintenance shed, lure an alien raptor in after her, and somehow emerge unscathed, Isabella helps her shut and lock the shed door, trapping the Hork-Bajir controller. For the moment.

Follow orders and beat a hasty retreat.
Zack takes a cue from Chris and decides to run as well. [2+1 Aerial Ace] Unfortunately the dash catches the attention of an apparent human, who is not quite able to catch up even despite Chris's geek physique, and quickly decides to instead draw some sort of alien ray gun from under his unremarkable civilian clothing.

Since we have to touch things after receiving morphing abilities (I assume we'd know that), just get away as stealthily as possible. Only run if caught, otherwise just stay behind things/in shadows and get away.
Seeing the varying degrees of success the others are having, and making a calculated assumption about the capabilities of his new ability, the bespectacled Henrik takes a moment to analyze his best course of action. [4] He is able to path an optimal route between patrolling humans and aliens and the others who are trying to escape in their own ways, and successfully evades detection as he reaches the outer edge of the construction site.

Spoiler: Folks (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 12:34:50 am »

Zack

Duck and Weave!  Continue fleeing, but try to use cover and obstacles for safety.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2022, 01:01:05 am »

"Are you insane?!"  Isabella loudly whispers to Sophia, her expression clearly terrified "They have guns!  And I bet that thing can smash right out of there!  We have to run, now!"

Get out of there!  Try to pull Sophia along, but if she insists on staying and trying more games, just leave her.

((Also, uh, I was talking to an artist friend of mine about my joining this game, and she decided to draw Isabella for fun.  Here.))
Spoiler: Isabella Lori (click to show/hide)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2022, 01:15:07 am »

If Henrik can see Zack, help him get away from the 'human,' and try to take the gun thing if possible. It's neat, and I want that gun.

If Henrik can't see Zack, help anyone he can. There's time for shenanigans later.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2022, 01:52:24 am »

"Bah, lots of people have guns, am I supposed to be afraid of all of them?"

Run Run Run!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2022, 01:59:30 am »

((Also, uh, I was talking to an artist friend of mine about my joining this game, and she decided to draw Isabella for fun.  Here.))
Spoiler: Isabella Lori (click to show/hide)
Holy crap, if that's not incentive to keep this thing going I don't know what else is! Tell her amazing work.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2022, 06:06:36 am »

RUN FASTER AND HARDER. Try to make it home and make sure that I’m not followed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2022, 06:07:05 pm »

((Sorry for the tardiness, was kinda busy.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action: get out of this dumbfounded stupor, get a fucking grip and try to sneak away! Maybe take a second to make sure my phone is on silent so it doesn't give me away by ringing at the worst possible time.

((Wasn't sure if the 'teenager' aspect was a requirement, since the intro blurb doesn't say it is. The bit explaining the source material mentions the protags were teens, but since the thing about there being 5 of them isn't adhered to either I dunno if it matters. Rem, if it's relevant I can change it no prob.

Also, was really tempted to take morph-dancer, since being better at this setting's magic seemed nice, but dunno if it would fit with this character.

Finally, you mentioned the year it's set in, but could you perhaps give some more background details? What area of the world/country are we in, time of year, stuff like that.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8