Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph: The Game  (Read 13221 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph (0/?)
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2022, 06:33:56 pm »

Oh, no magic. Just sci-fi. Well, I guess crayak and that other dude could count as magic… maybe just really high tech sci fi?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2022, 06:35:05 pm »

It's totally spacemagic.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2022, 09:24:15 pm »

(('Any sufficiently advanced technology' and all that. It's something that I don't even have an interest in imagining how it functions, which is usually the point I'd just say it's magic, technobabble or no.))
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2022, 03:08:06 am »

((Wasn't sure if the 'teenager' aspect was a requirement, since the intro blurb doesn't say it is. The bit explaining the source material mentions the protags were teens, but since the thing about there being 5 of them isn't adhered to either I dunno if it matters. Rem, if it's relevant I can change it no prob.

Also, was really tempted to take morph-dancer, since being better at this setting's magic seemed nice, but dunno if it would fit with this character.

Finally, you mentioned the year it's set in, but could you perhaps give some more background details? What area of the world/country are we in, time of year, stuff like that.))
Nice, you're in. Which reminds me, I should change the title. Teenagedness is absolutely not a requirement.
The original books explicitly never say where they're set, with the Watsonian conceit being that they are... journals, of some sort? being left behind by the protagonists for you, the reader, to read, in universe. They have to protect their identities in case the Yeerks stumble upon the books, you see, never mind that the Yeerks could still just pick up the books and learn that the "Andalite bandits" they're fighting are actually humans. The closest we get is that they're somewhere in southern California. So uh, we're in the town of... Arlingstead, let's say, with a population of approximately 120,000. It's right around early May at this moment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph (7/?)
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2022, 03:10:27 am »

Hehe, how'd you come up with what season it is? :p
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2022, 03:25:59 am »

I rolled 1d12 then looked outside

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2022, 04:38:13 am »

((Removing the "teenager" restriction is nice and something I support, because I feel a bit awkward playing a teen character.  Tempted to retcon Isabella up to a vauge "young adult".  Dunno; her backstory is basically fine with it, maybe even more suitable (leaving your 19 y/o daughter at home while abroad makes more sense than your 16 y/o daughter), but such significantly different ages in the character group would logically change dynamics.  A 19 y/o following a 15 y/o team leader seems very strange.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph (7/7)
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2022, 03:07:15 pm »

(This post also brought to you by The Omnific. They're good, y'all)

As the various people present have broken up into smaller groups as they try to escape the area (Henrik already having made it to the perimeter), the patrolling Yeerk ground forces have started loosely converging, alerted by the noise.

Duck and Weave!  Continue fleeing, but try to use cover and obstacles for safety.
[3+1 Aerial Ace] Zack, seeing the imminent threat of alien ray gun, successfully evades the enemy's [Human-Controller: 1] wildly inaccurate fire. Nearby ductwork and pipes explode into steam and debris, but he is able to dodge the worst of it and uses the dust cloud to make it to the edge of the construction zone safely, the same spot where Henrik already made it to.

"Are you insane?!"  Isabella loudly whispers to Sophia, her expression clearly terrified "They have guns!  And I bet that thing can smash right out of there!  We have to run, now!"
Get out of there!  Try to pull Sophia along, but if she insists on staying and trying more games, just leave her.
[3] Isabella tries and fails to pull Sophia along with her as she runs. Abandoning the attempt, she hurries to a different edge of the site than the one Henrik and Zack escaped to. The shed falls apart behind her as the trapped Hork-Bajir monster cuts it apart from within using the razor-sharp blades growing from all over its body.

If Henrik can see Zack, help him get away from the 'human,' and try to take the gun thing if possible. It's neat, and I want that gun.
If Henrik can't see Zack, help anyone he can. There's time for shenanigans later.
Seeing that Zack has made it safely, and that the wild-firing human-controller is still standing back towards danger with reinforcements beginning to join in, Henrik decides to turn his attention to helping Chris instead. [4] He's able to glean the layout of the half-built maze better than Chris can from inside it, and calls out directions.

"Bah, lots of people have guns, am I supposed to be afraid of all of them?"
Run Run Run!
Though she shrugs free of Isabella's helping hand as she runs off, Sophia starts running in the same direction as soon as the Hork-Bajir she trapped breaks free. [2] Unfortunately she doesn't run nearly as fast as the tall, muscular alien, and it quickly catches up to her, [Hork-Bajir: 3] knocking her to her knees with a tackle that miraculously does not slice her to ribbons. It looms just behind her, turning and giving a triumphant call to its compatriots. "Kabba sak! Caught!"

RUN FASTER AND HARDER. Try to make it home and make sure that I’m not followed.
Chris keeps running, incentivized by the slavering Taxxon on his heels. [6+Henrik's direction prevents overshoot] With the called assistance of Henrik, Chris leaves the giant alien centipede behind, and makes it safely to the same edge of the construction zone as Henrik and Zack.

Action: get out of this dumbfounded stupor, get a fucking grip and try to sneak away! Maybe take a second to make sure my phone is on silent so it doesn't give me away by ringing at the worst possible time.
A bit older than the others, Bobby takes a moment longer to react, but finally does as he sees the others making their ways away. He tries a more stealthy getaway, [2] but as he fumbles to switch his phone to silent he drops it onto the gravel with a crunch. After a heart-stopping moment of silence, heavy footsteps begin crunching in Bobby's direction.

[1] Fred remains huddled in place, perhaps still trying to morph, perhaps just frozen by fear. A pair of Taxxons, catching his scent, skitter up on either side of his hiding spot, four red eyes apiece fixated on the delicious human.

Spoiler: Folks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:19:52 pm by Remalle »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2022, 04:15:25 pm »

A bit older than the others, Bobby takes a moment longer to react, but finally does as he sees the others making their ways away. He tries a more stealthy getaway, [2] but as he fumbles to switch his phone to silent he drops it onto the gravel with a crunch. After a heart-stopping moment of silence, heavy footsteps begin crunching in Bobby's direction.

Try to create a distraction! Maybe I can throw some of the rocks off to the side to give myself an opening, and sneak away? If not just start running while I still have a head start.

Pick up phone first either way.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2022, 07:55:39 pm »

"Isabella, help me!"

Get outta there. Morph if I get hurt.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2022, 12:39:39 am »

Even before Sophia shouts for help, Isabella is already turning and grabbing a rock--which she promptly hurls towards the big alien pinning the girl.

"Hey, you big bastard!  You... She's not even an Andalite, like me!"

Throw a rock at the hork-bajir pinning Sophia, and taunt it in an attempt to get it to let go and chase Isabella instead.  Then turn and fucking run.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2022, 05:53:02 am »

Chris looks around and tries to find any animals to morph into, not aliens. After he does this, he gets the hell out of dodge.

Let’s meet up at our secret Andalite base (school) tomorrow! We need a game plan!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2022, 08:01:25 am »

"Do you...think we should try to help the ones stuck in there?"
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2022, 05:46:33 am »

"Do you...think we should try to help the ones stuck in there?"

They will be fine. If anyone is in life threatening danger, I’ll help out but they seem to be doing good on their own.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2022, 08:33:40 am »

FRED

I record their forms with my tech and then Run away.  very fast
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8