Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph: The Game  (Read 14381 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph (7/7)
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2022, 08:50:27 am »

Henrik shrugs. "Fair enough, no point exposing ourselves further."

Unless someone looks like they're in immediate danger, leave. Try to not get seen.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2022, 11:18:00 am »

Help provide a distraction.  There should be something heavy to push over, or something to bang into a steel bar or something.  Then move around the outside to remain clear.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2022, 08:36:50 pm »

(This post brought to you by Meshuggah)

As the controllers of various species assemble into rough formation in the center of the construction site, a cold voice cuts bluntly through the thoughts of everybody present. The very same voice as the one heard from the Andalite-controller who killed Elfangor - Visser Three. <I trust you are all competent enough to handle human witnesses. I have business to attend to.> The door to the Blade Ship slides shut as it lifts into the air silently, and moments later it is out of sight in the darkening evening sky. Even the Yeerk forces look unnerved, one or two taking nervous glimpses up towards the sky.

Try to create a distraction! Maybe I can throw some of the rocks off to the side to give myself an opening, and sneak away? If not just start running while I still have a head start.
Pick up phone first either way.
Quickly retrieving the dropped phone, [3+1 Ruthless Stategist] Bobby grabs a hefty chunk of concrete at the same time and tosses it off to one side, where it makes a loud clatter. The approaching footsteps pause, then move in that direction instead, giving Bobby the exact opening he needs to make it away quietly, joining Isabella at the edge of the construction site.

"Isabella, help me!"
Get outta there. Morph if I get hurt.
With the Hork-Bajir looming above her, Sophia desperately attempts to crawl out from under it and get back to her feet. [1] She ends up prone on the ground as the alien plants a foot on her back, piercing her back in three places with its clawed, raptor-like toes. In desperation and panic, Sophia fixates on the mental image of the creature above her, the very same one whose DNA she acquired not moments before...
[6] The changes come on quickly. Her body stretches out to the seven foot tall frame and proportions of the Hork-Bajir body, followed by blades sprouting from her head and every joint, then along her newly-formed reptilian tail. There is no pain during the extreme physical changes, only the distant sensation of something... wrong happening to her body. The rest of the transformation takes place quickly as the original stands back in a mixture of shock, horror and confusion. Sophia rises to her newly saurian feet, and the final piece of the morph falls into place - the instincts of the Hork-Bajir brain that Sophia is now inhabiting kick in, and she is overwhelmed. No incredible intellect, and a nature that is surprisingly peaceful, given the alien's fearsome appearance - there's another male! Of the same size and build, no less. Sophia lashes out with her elbow blades in a dominance display that her rival matches, beginning a deadly ritual dance.

Even before Sophia shouts for help, Isabella is already turning and grabbing a rock--which she promptly hurls towards the big alien pinning the girl.
"Hey, you big bastard!  You... She's not even an Andalite, like me!"
Throw a rock at the hork-bajir pinning Sophia, and taunt it in an attempt to get it to let go and chase Isabella instead.  Then turn and fucking run.
Isabella and the newly arrived Bobby witness Sophia's disturbing transformation and the subsequent knife fight the two Hork-Bajir get into. Keeping careful track of which is which, [3] Isabella hucks a particularly large bit of gravel at it, striking the dinosaur in the side of the face. The distraction allows Sophia to get a hit in, a shallow cut to the left side of the chest which oozes a deep bluish-green, and Sophia bellows her triumph. The dominance display settled, both Hork-Bajir turn their attention towards Isabella and Bobby.

Chris looks around and tries to find any animals to morph into, not aliens. After he does this, he gets the hell out of dodge.
Let’s meet up at our secret Andalite base (school) tomorrow! We need a game plan!
Chris takes a quick look around for anything he can acquire, [2] but the exertion and panic of the chase hamper his efforts, and he doesn't find anything. He runs off free and clear into the night after passing his plan on to Henrik and Zack.
Where is Chris heading now?

I record their forms with my tech and then Run away.  very fast
Flanked on the left and right by Taxxons, Fred [5+Morph Dancer prevents overshoot] reaches out with his hands and touches them both, putting them into a trance as he absorbs their DNA into himself, instinctively mixing and matching so that the genetic template is not an identical copy of either one.
Fred has acquired a Taxxon morph.
[5] He then takes advantage of their lull to run to the edge of the construction site, dodging ray gun fire along the way and outrunning anybody inclined to chase, and joins up with Henrik and Zack.

Henrik shrugs. "Fair enough, no point exposing ourselves further."
Unless someone looks like they're in immediate danger, leave. Try to not get seen.
Unable to see what's going on with the other group, Henrik takes a cue from Chris and leave as soon as it's clear that Fred is safe.
Where is Henrik heading now?

Help provide a distraction.  There should be something heavy to push over, or something to bang into a steel bar or something.  Then move around the outside to remain clear.
Looking around, Zack doesn't see any immediate problems - Chris and Henrik have ran off into the night and Fred is clear, but the other group is not visible from here. Zack skirts around the edge of the site and runs into Isabella and Bobby, with two Hork-Bajir bearing down on them. [2] Failing to push over a squat concrete support onto them, he instead tosses a length of rebar at the advancing aliens, which hits one of their elbow blades and is shorn in two. The two halves clatter to the ground ineffectually.

Spoiler: Folks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:34:18 am by Remalle »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2022, 10:57:53 pm »

"Homeward bound, I suppose" - it's a fairly generic suburban house, and parents are distant so they're unlikely to notice (or worry) if something's off. Business as usual, I'm sure I'll see the others again.

Oh, and touch any animals or people I can without coming off as a creep. Options are always good, as is petting a cat. Or dog.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2022, 11:06:02 pm »

Nope nope nope get out.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2022, 12:57:57 am »

"Why would you attract them you suicidal fools! Aaah!"

Get. Away.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2022, 01:36:45 am »

Nope nope nope get out.
Gonna need you to clarify this one a bit

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2022, 02:00:46 am »

Lets just run home now.  That was too close.  And hopefully nobody got trapped.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2022, 02:02:57 am »

Nope nope nope get out.
Gonna need you to clarify this one a bit
I said get out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2022, 05:27:53 pm »

Follow group.  look for animals to morph into. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2022, 06:37:25 pm »

Home. Make sure to acquire my German shepherds form when I get there. Make sure I’m not followe and beat up any controllers I find on my way there.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2022, 03:10:43 am »

(This post brought to you by J.S. Bach)

There is beginning to be a note of nervousness in the voices of the Yeerk forces as it becomes increasingly clear that the witnesses are, by and large, getting away from the construction site safely. It's hard to tell if they are more concerned about the witnesses, or about disappointing Visser Three.

"Homeward bound, I suppose" - it's a fairly generic suburban house, and parents are distant so they're unlikely to notice (or worry) if something's off. Business as usual, I'm sure I'll see the others again.
Oh, and touch any animals or people I can without coming off as a creep. Options are always good, as is petting a cat. Or dog.
Leaving the others behind, Henrik makes sure he's not being followed before making his way home, taking a slightly circuitous route both as a precaution and also to try to run into any stray animals. [2] It's an oddly still night, as if even the wildlife is shaken by the events of earlier. He does make it home, though, evading the notice of his family. It is now almost completely dark outside.

Nope nope nope get out.
[1] Sophia remains completely under the influence of the Hork-Bajir's instincts. It's not a natural fighter, despite its appearance, and would much rather... climb up that power utility pole over there, and start snacking on strips of wood. It's not very tasty. A human-controller and another Hork-Bajir walk up underneath the pole. "What are you doing, Yindrat-213? Did you lose control of your host?" the former calls out.
A dim intelligence is beginning to emerge from the alien's brain. Not quite sapient, not just yet, but it observes the world, and there is a mild curiousity that takes place alongside pure instinct.

"Why would you attract them you suicidal fools! Aaah!"
Get. Away.
Bobby nopes out of the situation, barely even registering the odd behaviour of one of the aliens. He decides on the better part of valour and runs off in a general heading of "anywhere but here."
Where is Bobby heading now?

Lets just run home now.  That was too close.  And hopefully nobody got trapped.
Seeing Bobby go, Zack decides on the same course of action, evading chasers on his way back to the safety of home.
"Zack? You're home late. Were you out with friends again?" His mother greets him at the door.

Flee!
Isabella, too, heads out. The slight distraction of Sophia climbing a pole ensures she is not followed.
Where is Isabella heading now?

Follow group.  look for animals to morph into. 
Fred heads in the same general direction as Zack, [3+1 Morph Dancer] but is distracted as he runs into an inquisitive grey squirrel, which with a bit of coaxing gets close enough for Fred to acquire it. By the time he straightens up and looks around, Zack has walked down the block and turned a corner.
Fred has acquired a grey squirrel morph.
Where is Fred heading now?

Home. Make sure to acquire my German shepherds form when I get there. Make sure I’m not followe and beat up any controllers I find on my way there.
[6+Born Warrior prevents overshoot] Chris has the most ground to cover to get home, but shakes off any tail that might be following him quickly. He runs into a man in business casual who's walking along the sidewalk with a phone to his ear. The man gives Chris an appraising look for just a second too long for Chris's liking and takes a fist to the face for his trouble, followed by a kick to the gut for good measure once he's on the ground. The phone cracks on the ground and whatever call it was on disconnects before Chris can catch a name, but a text message pops up on the screen, still readable behind the spiderweb cracks, followed by two more:
new pw alrdy in effect at pool entrnce
ask for joe at the usul place and wink ;-)
vsr3 decap'd idrik5204 b/c last pw was 2 complicated LOL
Leaving him behind, Chris makes it back home in short order.

Spoiler: Folks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:13:26 am by Remalle »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2022, 03:19:10 am »

ROLL BETTER

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2022, 03:45:49 am »

Me thinks it was possibly a bad idea to grab a morph from a Controller.

Not much to do, so I guess just head to bed and continue life as normal until the others pop up again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8