Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph: The Game  (Read 14373 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Morphing only heals the physical scars - Roll to Animorph (7/7)
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2022, 06:47:39 am »

(Huh, does morphing into a controller also give you a Yeerk in the head?)

Acquire my German shepherds form and make sure my parents are not controllers, subtly hint to them about the Yeerks and how they should be careful.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2022, 11:32:29 am »

"Yeah mom.  We were just doing some studying.. got some exams coming up."  Zach lies.

"That said, I'm kinda tired.  Can I just grab a quick bite and head to my room?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2022, 01:12:23 am »

Bobby nopes out of the situation, barely even registering the odd behaviour of one of the aliens. He decides on the better part of valour and runs off in a general heading of "anywhere but here."
Where is Bobby heading now?

First go around town to shake off any possible aliums following me, double back a few times, you get the idea.

Then go home and, uuh, see if I owe any firearms. If not check my budget and look up if there are any gun stores still open nearby. Also check if there are any pet stores in the area.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2022, 03:38:55 pm »

head to secret cavern base (a decentl diguised hole that leads to a small cave with a breathing hole (also disguised) and enough room to stand in.  Fred camps here someties so there should be some survival supplies still there.)

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2022, 04:50:38 pm »

(This post brought to you by Deftones)

With the exception of Sophia, each of the morph-capable people are free and clear, most having already made it home.

ROLL BETTER
[3] Sophia finally manages to reassert control, her consciousness pushing the Hork-Bajir's down and away. She blinks rapidly, noting that her eyesight is worse in the dark than as a human, though her senses of hearing and smell are quite sharp. She clumsily climbs back down to the ground, surrounded now by a group of four controllers; two human and two Hork-Bajir. The human speaks again: "Yindrat-213, you are to return to the Pool immediately for disciplinary action. Prolonged loss of control is untenable in a situation as delicate as this." He licks his lips, and glances at the other human-controller beside him. "The Visser is already in a bloody mood. Ensure that he doesn't put the blame at our feet for this fiasco," he murmers, just barely audible to Sophia's sharp hearing.

Not much to do, so I guess just head to bed and continue life as normal until the others pop up again.
Henrik heads to bed for the night, planning to lay low until the next incident. His dreams are full of aliens, aliens eating aliens alive, monstrous aliens, aliens inside other aliens' brains...

Acquire my German shepherds form and make sure my parents are not controllers, subtly hint to them about the Yeerks and how they should be careful.
Chris's German Shepherd Dog sleepily greets him at the door, and quickly falls back to sleep as the trance from having its DNA acquired takes hold.
Chris has acquired a German Shepherd Dog morph.
[6] The events of the evening fresh in his mind, Chris spills just a little bit too much in his subtle hints to his parents.
"Chris, honey, you're not making much sense. Are you... are you on drugs right now, honey?"
His father gives him an appraising glance. "Where were you tonight, son?"

"Yeah mom.  We were just doing some studying.. got some exams coming up."  Zach lies.
"That said, I'm kinda tired.  Can I just grab a quick bite and head to my room?"
[5] "Well, it's good to hear you're finally taking your academics so seriously. Of course. Get some good sleep, don't forget you have school tomorrow."

First go around town to shake off any possible aliums following me, double back a few times, you get the idea.
Then go home and, uuh, see if I owe any firearms. If not check my budget and look up if there are any gun stores still open nearby. Also check if there are any pet stores in the area.
Bobby spots a trio of people walking up and down the streets with purpose, [5] and manages to evade them by ducking down a side street before they see him. He makes it home without further incident once he's confident he's not being followed any more.
A quick check online reveals that there is both a gun store and a pet shop in the neighbourhood, but both are closed at this time of night. At least he has the pistol he keeps for self-defense.

Run home.  Once home, lock all the doors, and then check if Isabella has numbers for everyone who was there.  Was everyone friends, or are some just randos who happened to get caught up?
Isabella makes it home safely as well, [3] and after taking a quick scroll through her contacts list and trying to sort through the chaotic memories, is able to put one name to all the faces she saw there. (I will let you decide who it is, and how you know them.) The others, familiar, having seen them around, in school or around town, but not familiar enough to have shared contact information with.

head to secret cavern base (a decentl diguised hole that leads to a small cave with a breathing hole (also disguised) and enough room to stand in.  Fred camps here someties so there should be some survival supplies still there.)
To the Fred-cave! He's not a bat-man, though, not yet. It's a good thing he's been preparing for a day just like this for a long time, stockpiling supplies in the small cave in the woods just outside of town.

Spoiler: Folks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:23:23 pm by Remalle »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2022, 05:20:42 pm »

Alright, there should be a way out of this. Just have to think up some convincing lies.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:36:29 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2022, 05:35:56 pm »

A quick check online reveals that there is both a gun store and a pet shop in the neighbourhood, but both are closed at this time of night. At least he has the pistol he keeps for self-defense.

What kind of pistol are we talking here?

Assuming the gun store is open the next day, go see what kind of weapon I can easily acquire (in that it doesn't require a special license or whatever) that has some armor penetration capacity, since some of those aliens seemed like they might have natural armor. Maybe a shotgun? Also check to see if they have a range there one can rent time at so I can practice with it in the future.

(Rem, do you perhaps want to roll to see how Bobby's money situation is? Seems more fair than arbitrarily assuming he's well off.)

EDIT: lolnope nevermind all that we're hecka broke!

For now try to remember the faces of the people who were there with me. Could I make out any distinguishing features? Did they seem high-school aged, college aged, what?   

((How is the passage of time accounted for when we're split up like this? Do you want us to try and stay more or less synched up, or can some people be days ahead of others?))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:54:20 pm by Radio Controlled »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2022, 06:34:09 pm »

[1] "Well, it's good to hear you're finally taking your academics so seriously. Of course. Get some good sleep, don't forget you have school tomorrow."

(You sure that’s a 1? That’s seems like a pretty good outcome to me. Did you put the wrong number?)

“Of course not! Why in the world would you think that? It’s been a long day and I must have been daydreaming, I can’t believe that you would even suggest that….”

Go up to my room and practice shadow boxing to take my mind off of recent events.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:39:13 pm by Knightwing64 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2022, 08:21:38 pm »

Man, I don't know guns. A 9mm?

(Rem, do you perhaps want to roll to see how Bobby's money situation is? Seems more fair than arbitrarily assuming he's well off.)[/b]
[1] Ouch. You're struggling to make ends meet. Any purchase is going to be a serious financial strain.

Quote from: Knightwing64
(You sure that’s a 1? That’s seems like a pretty good outcome to me. Did you put the wrong number?)
I.... don't know what the 1 was about. I was kinda rushing out the door when I posted and didn't proof enough, apparently. I think it was supposed to be a 5.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:23:50 pm by Remalle »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2022, 09:59:33 pm »

(I assumed the 1 was "Your mom knows you're lying, but you aren't hearing about it now.")

(I'm happy with a 5 though.)

I hope everyone made it out.

Get some crumbs or such, and put them on the windowsill outside my room.  If a small animal comes, acquire it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:02:54 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2022, 11:42:57 pm »

((Good enough for me! Is this something you'd add to my entry under the folks, or do I keep track of this myself?))

(Rem, do you perhaps want to roll to see how Bobby's money situation is? Seems more fair than arbitrarily assuming he's well off.)[/b]
[1] Ouch. You're struggling to make ends meet. Any purchase is going to be a serious financial strain.

((Woof! Well, it makes a lot of sense given the background/current job, so no biggie. Gonna edit my action though.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2022, 06:26:31 am »

Isabella knows Chris (Knightwing), though he doesn't really know her.  A couple weeks back he punched out a bully who was hassling her, though he actually only did it because of a personal dispute with the guy--he has no idea Isabella had even been there at the time.  Since then, she's been kinda crushing on him, and facebook-stalking him, though they have barely spoken.  She actually hasn't had any significant interactions with Chris before yesterday, when she finally got the courage to speak to him.  The conversation went well, and was why Sophia was at the construction site--their conversation had continued as they walked home.

Assuming Knightwing is fine with the above, Isabella will call Chris and ask if he's okay.  She'll also hold Tripod (her three-legged pet cat) in her lap while she talks, and acquire him.

((I know guns!  Please ask me about guns!  :3 ))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2022, 08:56:01 am »

((You want to talk about that alien gun the one Controller had :P))
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2022, 03:21:07 pm »

Hello? Is that you… Isabella? Yeah, I’m okay. I’m glad you are too, But I have to ask, how did you get my number? I don’t remember giving it to you. Sorry if I forgot, I’m not too good for remembering stuff like this
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8