Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (OoC)  (Read 3728 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (OoC)
« on: May 03, 2022, 03:13:48 pm »

Credits to Zerendia for the design of the Crests: https://www.minds.com/zerendia/

KHALDERAS
A continent splintered during the Age of Strife by the Dark God.

With the Dark God banished by the Six Chosen during the Divine War 288 years ago, the Age of Blood began, leading humanity's return to glory, strength, honor, and prosperity in a scarred yet healing world. From the ruins of Strife, Kingdoms of Blood emerged, parcels of lands granted by the Goddess herself to establish balance in Her Infinite Wisdom, six Emblems crafted to guide and protect the Chosen's descendants.
For as long as holy blood flows in the veins of monarchs, the Dark God shall remain banished.

Yet, as centuries pass, humanity learned that conquest cannot be avoided no matter the age. The only thing changing are the players, but not the game. Thus, wars between descendants of the Six Chosen shifted borders, allegiances and trust.
Wars that ensured the descendants of Fiorae, the Mamkute tribe, ultimatively disappeared from Wyrmpeak, nation of the Chosen Fiorae, in the Year 267, never to be seen again since then.

Both Dunland, nation of the Chosen Charos, and Westwind, nation of the Chosen Ghiran, claimed the lands of Wyrmpeak for their own, Dunland desiring its metal veins and the preservation of Mamkute culture, Westwind desiring the Mamkute Dragonstones that may still remain within Wyrmpeak. Negotiations went on for years yet only managed to stall the inevitable, and the War For Wyrmpeak stirred the continent in the Year 284.
After four gruesome years, the two nations meet for the final battle at Caranbough Hills. Whoever controls this landmark gains superior access to the entirety of Wyrmpeak. A battle overseen by the Kings themselves, King Alfalm of Dunland and King Talos of Westwind.

Only the Goddess knows that one Dunlandic Knight and his entourage are destined to change the course of history forevermore...

Welcome to Fire Emblem on Forums - Heritage of the Chosen!

The ruleset used for this game is the FEF Player's Handbook v2.3.2 and the addition of two mechanics that will be explained below.
Note that this game is intended to be beginner-friendly and thus will not plan to become more mechanically complex beyond that.
It is further recommended to be part of the Bay12 FEF Discord server. A link to the server can be found in the main FEF hub.

Spoiler: Who are you? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

The Knight and his Entourage:

Party Gold: 8,100

Allies of the Knight's Entourage:

Ceodor, Trickster

Storage
  • Fire (40/40 uses left)
  • Vulnerary (2/3 uses left)
Key Items:
  • Blaze Torch: A torch found within an enemy supply camp during the Battle for Caranbough Hills that is similar to the torches used to set said supply camp on fire.
  • Fire Emblem: Found within the hideout of Ghal's Marauders. It is proven to be genuine, but how did it end up in the cruel bandit's hands in the first place?
  • Wymera's Dragonstone: An important item for the Mamkute Tribe. When presented while uttering the tribe's sacred words, they allegedly shall parley with its owner.

Spoiler: Dropped Characters (click to show/hide)

IC thread here!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 09:29:13 am by SirAston »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (OoC)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 06:14:51 pm »

"Though the road be long and filled with wyverns, I shall cut all down to earth. Exclaim, Rìgh na Gaoithe!"
Spoiler: Artair Brand (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 05:09:01 pm by TricMagic »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 11:21:10 am »

"Just stay out of my way and nobody besides the enemy will get hurt."
Spoiler: Rhian Brant, Fighter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:22:35 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 11:09:16 am »

: "Onward! To glory we go!."
Spoiler: Tanja Forst, Myrmidon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:58:43 pm by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 02:18:11 pm »

"The Magnificent Magician Lulu has arrived to take center stage! Now now, hold your applause."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 01:12:29 pm by Aurorix »

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 02:39:06 am »

""Wait. Where did I leave that money again....OH hello there."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 02:36:35 am by rustytengo »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 03:54:17 am »

"I swear by my lance, I will support all those who need my aid. Should you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask."
Spoiler: hoes mad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:25:28 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

MusicMagician

• Bay Watcher
  • ヒトリダケナンテエラベナイヨー! (I can't just choose one)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 09:03:23 am »

EDIT 2: I'm going to just instead keep this post for the application, and move away from the other post to technically remove it.

"There are many unresolved mysteries in this world... And I want to discover and resolve them. Not by myself, but with possibly some help, we can."
(new and improved mug by SirAston)
Mug sprite: (Credits: SeriousConcentrate)

Spoiler: Archive: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:04:27 am by MusicMagician »
Always take time to leave your passion behind for a greater happiness. Don't hide it and lie about it.
I'm sorry if I can't hold my promise because of my internal paranoia. I'd still be open if anyone really cares...
I don't know, what am I would be thinking if I'm isolated from the entire outer world? I definitely wouldn't imagine to be that kind of person. Somebody have to help my mind about this!
What it takes to be an idol?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 10:30:09 am »

"What is your command, sir?"

(mug is semi-provisional, i intend to touch it up in the future)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 09:17:01 pm by SOLDIER First »
Black lives matter.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 01:42:17 pm »

It is time for the very first application review.

TricMagic
Mechanical side: Checks out for the most part. For clarity's sake, I'd recommend rewording "Born in a World of Strife" and "We choose to fight" as "until the beginning of the next turn". The only thing I take issue with is "Blossom Dance". Make it a flat -3 DR and it'll be fine.
Fluff side: Checks out.

Chevaleresse
Mechanical side: "Murder the Dawn" is a bit too broad. I'd like you to specify for Pegasus Rider or Wyvern Rider. The rest checks out.
Fluff side: Bit short, but perfectly servicable. Checks out.

cronos5010
Mechanical side: I take issue with "Doppelsöldner" as it's basically always active whenever it is relevant for a melee fighter. Change it to require at least two adjacent enemies, to a defensive bonus, or something else entirely. The rest checks out.

Aurorix
Mechanical side: "Joker’s Twist of Fate" is... weird to judge. It will effectively be always or almost always active against grunts, and rarely against major characters. I will ponder about it until next week's review. The rest checks out.
Fluff side: Quirky. Interesting. Checks out.

rustytengo
Mechanical side: Wonky wording aside, everything checks out.
Fluff side: Looking forward to the bio.

IamanElfCollaborator
Mechanical side: Checks out.

MusicMagician
Mechanical side: I count 340 total Growth when it should be 335. Please adjust that. The rest checks out (even if clarifying where you put in your bonus stat points would be nice, but it's not necessary).
Fluff side: Overall like it, would like to see how Oriana came to join Dunas' entourage, but aside from that important detail, checks out.

SOLDIER First
Mechanical side: I count 330 total Growth when it should be 335. Please adjust that. "To the Letter" has a condition that always applies, so I ask you to rework that. The rest checks out.
Fluff side: Looking forward to the bio.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 05:15:10 pm »

"What, something on my face?"
Spoiler: Bandit Man (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 07:11:25 am by GreenKnight »

MusicMagician

• Bay Watcher
  • ヒトリダケナンテエラベナイヨー! (I can't just choose one)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2022, 06:34:26 pm »

[REDACTED]

I didn't intend to have to create a second message to edit posts actually, so i removed this one. Ouch.
That being said, I have put sweat into effort for making a character here and writing bio and editing mug portraits.
Refer to my earlier post for my application. I find all of your applications that cute actually.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:07:00 am by MusicMagician »
Always take time to leave your passion behind for a greater happiness. Don't hide it and lie about it.
I'm sorry if I can't hold my promise because of my internal paranoia. I'd still be open if anyone really cares...
I don't know, what am I would be thinking if I'm isolated from the entire outer world? I definitely wouldn't imagine to be that kind of person. Somebody have to help my mind about this!
What it takes to be an idol?

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 01:06:16 pm »

"I am the heir of the Rotgold legacy, and you will remember my name"

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:11:25 pm by Sora »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 02:52:48 pm »

The second evaluation is now happening. Those who were already fine last time will have their evaluation skipped unless requested for the next and final time in case they make major changes.

TricMagic
Stuff has been adjusted as recommended. Looks good.

Chevaleresse
Stuff has been adjusted as recommended. Bio still a bit short, but other than that, looks good.

cronos5010
Doppelsöldner fixed. Looks good.

Aurorix
I have pondered about it and ultimatively decided against it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm asking you to revise it.

MusicMagician
Mechanical stuff fixed, updated bio is fine. Looks good.

SOLDIER First
Growth fixed, bio approved. Looks good.

GreenKnight
Mechanical side: Overall checks out. I actually would allow Momentum to be triggered on moving more than half your MOV since +15 Hit is average. If you reduce it to +10 Evasion, I'll also allow Familiar Lands to be triggered on Hills.
Fluff side: Checks out, if a bit short.

Sora
Mechanical side: I count 330 total Growth when it should be 335. Please adjust that. For Danse Macabre and Lambs to the Slaughter, make it "until the end of the turn", as a turn in FEF is what other games would call a full round, and I don't necessarily want Personal Skills to linger. For Bound by Blood, it suffices to say "until the end of the next Player phase". The rest checks out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 02:07:13 pm »

Third and last evaluation. As per last week, those who were fine at least once get skipped.

Aurorix
Fifth Ace is accepted. Looks good.

GreenKnight
Asked me to review the reworked bio. Looks good.

Sora
Growth fixed, abilities adjusted. Looks good.
Pages: [1] 2 3