Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari RR IC - The Dragonslayer  (Read 2548 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tengoku no Owari RR IC - The Dragonslayer
« on: May 03, 2022, 11:45:58 pm »

Chapter G1 - Polyphony

Noriko
Off goes the uniform, on goes your gear. Drab pants and black shirt, bullet proof vest and utility belt. All warded naturally. It's a far cry from your old maid attire. It's been a month. One whole month since the incident. Feels longer than that.

New job; new school; new apartment. You couldn't stay. Or wouldn't. It comes down to a lot of things, but in the end it boiled down to one simple thing - you hadn't the reason. You didn't like working at the cafe begin with, and when the new job came with a chance to transfer out to a private school were you really going to refuse? The bridges you had, they were soaked in kerosene. The few you had anyways. Here, well you've never been to good with bridges, but it's nice not being known as "that psycho bitch".

Apartment, yeah, you hadn't much choice in that. Wouldn't have changed much if you did. You got a new place these days. New new, big enough for all three of you. No more crashing at Kotone's.

You've gotten good at it. Starting over again. It's always bittersweet, but this time, you had help.

Kotone and Kouta hug you as you leave "Have a good day at work nee-sama! I'll bring you dinner at six!"

You turn on your comms, time to go meet your new team.

Dispatch <<Fuuri-san, there's been a homicide, sending over the location now, we're routing the rest of your team to meet you there.>>

Everyone
Overlooking a nearby plaza, Powder's Bar & Grill sits on the third floor of a building near Sendo's entertainment district, an enviable position were it not presently on fire.

There were reports of gunshots in the area. Then a fire. And then a homicide. Possibly multiple homicides. It's the strangest thing though - the most recent call was from the Powder's own landline, right in the middle of the fire.

Of course if that was all there was you three would not be here. No, there's one more detail, one little thing that's making your problem and not Sendo P.D.'s - the flames dance but they do not burn, they do not spread. There is no heat, only the thick scent of gunsmoke.

You have your respective your comm links to Dispatch, a total of three healing potions to split between you, and nothing better to do this Friday afternoon.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 03:29:53 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari RR IC
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 07:33:07 am »

Mizuki

It was a strange thing to be called in for a fire, if Mizuki was being honest. Or at least, handling one and a potential homicide. But, it was work, and Mizuki wasn't going to let her new employers down... Even if she was told specifically to wait for the rest of her team rather than go in and handle things alone. Not that she minded that either, but she felt as if dealing with the problem now rather than waiting was more preferable.

Regardless, standing on the street just beneath the now inflamed grill, Mizuki simply waited, staring up as she tried to notice anything aside from the fire. She was dressed in her standard black suit, her Regalia already covering her hands. She admittedly didn't really try to not stick out, but she didn't think it would've mattered anyway, seeing as the area seemed fairly clear of civilians after the fire broke out. Still, that didn't elevate her boredom as she waited, spurring her to turn on her comms again,

<<Dispatch, this is Mizuki. Currently on scene waiting for the rest of the team. Any other information I should know about the situation?>>
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 10:05:39 am »

Mizuki
Dispatch <<No sorry. Report just came in so information is scarce, you'll have to be our eyes in this.>>

The main thing you notice is that you don't hear any screams. You don't hear any more gunshots. A few of fleeing civilians look shaken, terrified even, but there is nothing to suggest that something is rampaging inside the building right this moment.

Anything more than that you're going to have to go inside to know. It is not impossible that whoever did this is slipping away amongst the fleeing civilians or that they've already made their escape. But that's not in your job description, there will be other people for that; you lot are more to make sure there aren't any more immediate concerns, the knights in shining armor as opposed to the Sherlock Holmes.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 10:54:26 am »

Noriko

"On my way." She checked the location over and plotted the best route there briefly for a moment, before realizing that she could just, take off. Not quite being willing to do so in the midst of people, Noriko ducked into an alleyway first before deploying her Regalia and throwing herself into the air on a current of wind. She glanced over the devices as she flew. It felt a bit odd to be without her spears, but these, in theory, would do the same things and more. They flickered briefly in response to her thoughts, as if acknowledging her look.

It didn't take her long to arrive. Despite the speed she was traveling at, she landed lightly next to a woman she assumed was one of her new coworkers. "I'm here. Are you part of the response team?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 02:45:45 pm »

Mizuki

Of course there wasn't going to be much else. Ah well, she'd make do regardless, she went into worse jobs blind. And thankfully, this time she wouldn't be going in alone, nor would she have to wait much longer to do so as another girl landed onto the ground next to her, a light gust of wind blowing out from them as if cushioning her fall. Even with the sudden arrival, Mizuki barely batted an eye, merely flicking her gaze towards the newcomer.

Despite the initial neutral stare that she had given to the girl however, Mizuki flashed a small grin, brushing a bit of blown hair out of her face, "Yep. Name's Mizuki, a pleasure" she greeted, right before turning her gaze back up to the fire, "Just been waiting for you and another one from what I've heard. Dunno what's exactly going on up there but people seem to be clearing the area at least."
OOC
IC

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 04:19:33 am »

Emily
Just a moment after Noriko lands the sound of a small but powerful engine turns and cracks down the street the two girls were standing on.  The bike slowly listed to a stop at the curb nearby, all chrome with long steering forks and brown leather upholstery, a custom chopper.

A dark haired girl wearing a black leather biker jacket and appearing almost too small for the extended handles of the bike dropped the kickstand and squashed the embers of a cigarette before stepping off the bike and approaching Noriko and Mizuki.

"You know most people see fire and run, but you two look like you're about to jump in."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 03:58:19 pm »

Mizuki

Turning her gaze from the flames once again, Mizuki glanced towards the biker that had just arrived, giving a small shrug at her comment, "Well, when you're called in to deal with a problem, you don't normally turn tail once you get there. I suppose you're planning on 'jumping in' as well?"
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 12:56:09 am »

Noriko

"Either way, we should get with the jumping." Her array of "spears" formed up around her. "I'm going in." True to form, she kicked off the ground, heading directly toward the flaming bar without bothering with niceties such as doors if they weren't necessary.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 07:34:16 am »

Mizuki

Aaaand there she went. Flying away just as she flew in, leaving Mizuki and the biker by their lonesome. For herself, Mizuki merely sighed to herself, readjusting her gloves... While also activating a small curse on them, before walking to Emily's side and tapping her on the shoulder, discreetly transferring the (harmless) curse to them, "So, you got anything that can follow her?"

Mizuki quickly activates her Skip-A-Beat Hyper, and transfers it to Emily.
OOC
IC

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 10:07:50 am »

Emily watches Noriko leap upwards into the building then glances down to Mizuki and shrugs.
"So much for introductions.  I'm Emily."
She looks down at her bike and makes a face.
"I could probably ramp the bike up there, but I might scratch it and we can't have that.  If you've got a way yourself I'm pretty sure I could just, ya'know jump and climb up."
By the hands of power.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 11:49:51 am »

Mizuki

"Emily huh? Name's Mizuki" she replied back quickly, right before letting out a small sigh at Emily's followup and bringing a hand to the back of her hand, "Gah... No such luck I'm afraid. My Regalia doesn't have much ways to help with scaling walls like that quickly, unless I tag along with someone else. Best I can do is mark someone and then teleport to them."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:50:05 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 11:03:39 pm »

Emily gives a short nod.
"Alright, hit me then I'll make my own way up."
She gives Mizuki a second, then jumps her own way up to the burning building.
By the hands of power.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 09:49:33 am »

Mizuki

"Don't worry, already did" Mizuki states simply, gesturing to Emily's shoulder just before the latter jumped up to follow Noriko. Mizuki, meanwhile, waited a few moments for them to actually get inside the building, before vanishing in a burst of black mist, reappearing right next to Emily, a black sword in hand.
OOC
IC

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 10:29:13 am »

Cordite fills the air. So thick it's suffocating. So thick it drowns even the scent of blood, and rest assured is plenty of blood.

A body lies slumped against a wall, freshly repainted with the contents of their skull. Another lies face down, a hole blasted through their sternum and out other side. There are ten others like them. Ten other corpses broken and ruptured, their wounds alight, aflame, burning. Burning with heatless flames; burning with pale smoke. Gunsmoke.

Amidst all this a man sits alone at the head of someone else's table. He had hoped to look presentable but that seems to have been a lost cause; try as he might he couldn't quite rid the bloodstains from his hands, nor could he quite keep his suit from getting so moth-eaten. But as he thought it over Shichiro Tsukuda couldn't help but think that perhaps it was better this way. His life had never quite gone according to plan, it never quite felt like he was fully in control, it was never not this messy turbulent thing, so why should his death be any neater? Exhaling, he watches the smoke billow from his mouth and with it his last shreds of life.

The bar's exterior walls are comprised of glass and offer little resistance as Noriko crashes straight through. Her eyes scan the room, the smoke thick but not to the point of obscuring her gaze. Half-eaten meals rest on empty tables, plates lie shattered on the floor, a child's toy is left abandoned. There were more than twelve people here. At least one child too. But there are only twelve corpses, all adult men, well-dressed, not staff either. This wasn't some random massacre, this was a targeted attack.

Emily is right behind her, not flying but not too far from it either looking to all the world like the heroine of a wuxia film, if they made wuxia films about American biker gangs. In the next moment Mizuki is at her side, blade at the ready.

The culprit it would appear is a middle-aged man, broad shouldered with a powerful build beginning show the ravages of time. You imagine his suit has seen better days too, not least of all courtesy of the bullet hole punched through it. There is no wound behind it. He's sitting at a table smoking a cigarette, his eyes alert but not tense as they scan over y'all. They narrow imperceptibly, almost quizzically as they reach Emily though ultimately no comment is passed.

Looking at the pack on the table, Emily, you'd recognize the cigarettes he's smoking as being absolute bottom shelf stuff, you'd sooner try smoking your own lighter than one of those.

Mizuki, you'd notice that a couple of corpses are missing part of their pinkies. And that man? He's wearing a pin on his suit. You don't recognize the clan, but it speaks volumes regardless. They don't wear those anymore. And there's three reasons you can think of why someone would be wearing one to a crime scene like this. One - some sort of false flag, unlikely. Two - they simply don't care, not impossible. Three - it simply doesn't matter anymore, the clan doesn't exist anymore, something like that. If you had to guess, this would be case three.

He takes another drag, and at last he speaks, with the voice of a man clearly well-acquainted with nicotine. "I don't have much time." he nods at his cigarette "When this goes out, it will take my body."

He looks y'all in the eye. "Please if you would, kill me."

Spoiler: Tutorial - Covenants (click to show/hide)

The man is seated, a large table situated between y'all and him. Along your righthand sides are the panes of glass that form the exterior walls of the bar, the one immediately to your right having been shattered by your squad's entrance. To your left would be the way to the kitchen.

Acacius, you would know that if that man is what you think he is (that is to say, an Aramitama's host), then he's a dead man walking and you all might as well kill him while he's all nice and cooperative. There's no way to save him. You've tried before. It's only natural. An Aramitama will take everything. Body. Soul. You meanwhile have far more generous terms, it was only natural to try and steal from your competition. Shame it's not feasible.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari RR IC - Smoking Gun
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 08:59:45 am »

Noriko

Noriko's weapons rose in formation ahead of her, forming into the spears she was most familiar with. They did not, however, strike just yet. ". . . did you do all this?" Her stomach churned at the sight of the corpses, and tried to do backflips at the thought of just offing some dude in cold blood. This was just, a man. Probably a terrible person, but she wasn't a killer. "Why?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: [1] 2 3