Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (Only War Greenskins Campaign OOC)  (Read 10875 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (Only War Greenskins Campaign OOC)
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2022, 01:46:28 am »

I'm not up for much heavy celebration, but I'll look around for a small chunk of scrap metal.  Maybe make a trophy out of it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2022, 12:55:18 pm »

Guess I'll hop out and treat any wounded PDF nearby. Though our buddies actually made it out unscathed, didn't they?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2022, 12:55:53 pm »

Oh, and should reload our heavy weapons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2022, 01:10:32 pm »

I mean, hopefully it goes without saying that if there's a timeskip we'll at least unjam our guns. Hopefully.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2022, 03:21:59 pm »

Could you pm me when I get in?  Tho I will not be Very active for the next month

So I PMed you and you're in if you show up in like, the next few days.

Logistics

You will now have the chance to make a logistics roll. Your current Logistics rating is 12. You may gain temporary extra with a commerce test, but any equipment received this way will be off-the books and you'll get in trouble if anyone finds it.

Current Front Conditions are:
Single Regiment for Imperium Gear
Multiple Regiments for anything that can be Locally Sourced
Time Spent on Front: Less than 3 months (-10)
Front Active: 3-6 Months (+0)
War Conditions: +10

You will refill any spent ammunition and grenades for both personal use and used in your Chimera.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2022, 04:42:15 pm »

So… how does one acquire, for example, a bullpup lasgun, which has average availability, or a sanctified weapon of some description, or even get one of the weapons they already have sanctified?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2022, 05:05:45 pm »

So… how does one acquire, for example, a bullpup lasgun, which has average availability, or a sanctified weapon of some description, or even get one of the weapons they already have sanctified?

Legal Way: You return to camp, go to the Logistics officer, and request what equipment you want. This could include sanctification or sanctified equipment.
Gray Way: You return to camp, find someone with a sanctified weapon, then trade for it. Or go into the city and find someone to trade for it. Or find a priest to sanctify it. You then hide it whenever you get inspected.
Illegal Way: You find one, steal it, and hope nobody ever notices.

The cheapest way to get the Sanctified ability would be to get blessed ammunition (Technically from RT, Extremely Rare) for ranged weapons or Sanctified Weapon (from DH, Very Rare) upgrade for melee. If you want not Sanctified Sanctified the easiest would be to get the Sacred Inscriptions upgrade (basically just carve things into your gun with a knife, +10 pinning).

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2022, 03:00:35 pm »

If you don't know what to request, you could always buy stuff for the Chimera.  There seems to be a lot of possible weapon add-ons and upgrades, and an Autocannon would be a lot better than the Multilas.  There might also be stuff like Camo Netting and what not.

Oh, and is it one logistics test for the squad or per player?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2022, 04:31:19 pm »

If you don't know what to request, you could always buy stuff for the Chimera.  There seems to be a lot of possible weapon add-ons and upgrades, and an Autocannon would be a lot better than the Multilas.  There might also be stuff like Camo Netting and what not.

Oh, and is it one logistics test for the squad or per player?

One per player. And if you decided you want a Comrade now is the time to get one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2022, 04:44:24 pm »

Go requisition a proper autocannon for our siege tower, then.
The Multilas seemed to have performed admirably in perforating the tren, and Eltiazh doesn't have any opinion of heavy weapons, but that guy says it's a good idea and that other guy says that real bullets are better than lasers. And Eltiazh doesn't mind doing some paperwork.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 04:47:52 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2022, 05:14:23 pm »

If we're fighting at night, we might need to do something up close and sneaky.  And my carbine sucks for that.

Requisition a gun good for point-blank range.

(Dunno if a combat shotgun or an autopistol would be better.  Combat shotgun looks better, but there might be issues with weight or readying the weapon when needed.)

(As for a comrade, nah.  It's both complicated and something I feel uneasy with.  I don't like a class feature being another person, at least one I don't kit out in full, etcetera.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 05:28:19 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2022, 07:17:18 pm »

If we're fighting at night, we might need to do something up close and sneaky.  And my carbine sucks for that.

Requisition a gun good for point-blank range.

(Dunno if a combat shotgun or an autopistol would be better.  Combat shotgun looks better, but there might be issues with weight or readying the weapon when needed.)

(As for a comrade, nah.  It's both complicated and something I feel uneasy with.  I don't like a class feature being another person, at least one I don't kit out in full, etcetera.)

Your comrade's special ability lets you switch guns for free. Would totally solve that problem.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2022, 07:46:49 pm »

Hmm.

Requisition a Combat Shotgun

Your comrade's special ability lets you switch guns for free. Would totally solve that problem.

Yes, but it'll also permanently remove that as an issue for the rest of the game, (barring loss of the comrade).  I don't want to get rid of it until I know if I find that a fun problem or an annoying one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2022, 07:48:14 pm »

Just a single one? It probably wouldn't be that far out there to get enough for the squad.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2022, 08:02:41 pm »

I have a pretty spectacular melee weapon, and it fits the character background to maintain that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17