Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (Only War Greenskins Campaign OOC)  (Read 10862 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (Only War Greenskins Campaign OOC)
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2022, 11:34:49 pm »

Yes I'll burn my fate point.

[21:34]   Devastator   `roll 1d10
[21:34]   GameServ   Devastator rolled 1d10: 1  <Total: 1>

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2022, 11:42:53 pm »

Yes I'll burn my fate point.

[21:34]   Devastator   `roll 1d10
[21:34]   GameServ   Devastator rolled 1d10: 1  <Total: 1>

In that case you arn't dead, but you're still knocked out on the ground and missing your right arm. You'll continue to survive until someone manages to save you. Consider finding a new arm when the next logistics check comes around.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2022, 11:50:00 pm »

No idea what the odds are of that, but sure.

-edit-  Looks like Scarce, so 2% odds per check.

At that point it might be better to requisition more gettable trade goods to make progress towards it.

With the regimental bonus to stealth goods, maybe Silencers would be good.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 02:52:33 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2022, 02:57:18 am »

Also, if you pin the little orks it'll take them twice as long to reload the cannons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2022, 07:42:14 pm »

I have now actually glanced some at the OW book and I would like to know who came up with the aptitudes system. Yes when I want to spend my xp I wanna look through the entire book at every possible advancement because they're all theoretically available and in order to find out how much they cost I need to check whether I have 0,1, or 2 aptitudes for it and then go look at one of three tables for the cost.
jeez

And you START with unspent xp in this game, meaning that you need to do this any time you make a new character too, which might happen a lot when you're a guardsman.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2022, 10:14:43 pm »

I have now actually glanced some at the OW book and I would like to know who came up with the aptitudes system. Yes when I want to spend my xp I wanna look through the entire book at every possible advancement because they're all theoretically available and in order to find out how much they cost I need to check whether I have 0,1, or 2 aptitudes for it and then go look at one of three tables for the cost.
jeez

And you START with unspent xp in this game, meaning that you need to do this any time you make a new character too, which might happen a lot when you're a guardsman.

It gets easier after you memorize the whole book.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2022, 10:19:38 pm »

Screw that I want a nice list of shit I can buy with prices.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2022, 10:29:27 pm »

"then your infantry sneakyness wouldn't have worked as well."

You mean worse than a 100% failure rate?  ;-p

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2022, 10:35:24 pm »

To be fair to Stirk I don’t think he expected us to be foolish enough to try to approach a heavily fortified position on foot when we had three tanks instead :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2022, 10:41:24 pm »

To be fair to Stirk I don’t think he expected us to be foolish enough to try to approach a heavily fortified position on foot when we had three tanks instead :p

Nah I left it open as an option. Then gave you multiple in character warnings when you started failing. I didn't expect you to run toward the wall while shooting to intentionally blow your cover though. That part was pretty unexpected.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2022, 10:46:23 pm »

I did think it might be wise to wait at least until the firebomb was thrown before shooting, OOC, but IC my character will not turn down an opportunity to shoot an ork, possibly due to abusive training.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2022, 01:11:25 am »

I mean, there were warnings that sneaking was a bad idea, so.. I stopped trying to sneak.  So why not run and shoot?  I couldn't expect to pass the check.  I did expect that first shot to hit, though.  Would a fate reroll have bought us a turn from that?

So run in, damn the stealth, and maybe they'll miss or the darkness would give me time or someone would hit the cannon ork.  But the sniper missed what looked to be a high odds shot, and I didn't make any of the low-odds saves and that was it.

(Also, I think if there were two or more of us running forward, we'd have been essentially guaranteed to make it, although one of us would have taken a cannon shot.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:50:35 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2022, 03:16:33 pm »

I mean, there were warnings that sneaking was a bad idea, so.. I stopped trying to sneak.  So why not run and shoot?  I couldn't expect to pass the check.  I did expect that first shot to hit, though.  Would a fate reroll have bought us a turn from that?

So run in, damn the stealth, and maybe they'll miss or the darkness would give me time or someone would hit the cannon ork.  But the sniper missed what looked to be a high odds shot, and I didn't make any of the low-odds saves and that was it.

(Also, I think if there were two or more of us running forward, we'd have been essentially guaranteed to make it, although one of us would have taken a cannon shot.)

I kinda thought you'd do what the others where doing and run back into the forest.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2022, 04:51:57 pm »

I kinda thought you'd do what the others where doing and run back into the forest.

Didn't seem much point to that.  I though the orks could shoot me in the woods just as easy as out in the open.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2022, 05:05:03 pm »

Didn't seem much point to that.  I though the orks could shoot me in the woods just as easy as out in the open.

Ah well, live and learn get blow to pieces and learn.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17