Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DFhack] Collection of Scripted Things - Entangling, Shapeshifting, Poisoning  (Read 2762 times)

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

Collection of Scripted Things/Toys/Tools is a group of mini-mods that use scripting to provide new experiences that can only be achieved through (or at least, made easier by) the use of scripts. Each mini-mod is usually focused around one unique thing, with a full(ish)-fledged tool alongside them for further use whenever it's appropriate. Some of these were intended to be part of bigger mods that I never really finished or released - making these as mini-mods gives me an excuse to create them, and they're much easier to finish than big projects :P

Obviously, everything here requires DFhack.

Nets - Entangle your enemies (Download)
Adds a new simple item: nets. They count as (bad) shields, and can be used to entangle your enemies (web them), either by a small chance when attacking with one*, or by throwing it at them.

Included is the modtool used to create it, allowing anyone who wishes to create their own sources of entanglement. Supports item and creature attacks, with customisation concerning whether the source is used in melee, shot, or thrown.

Please refer to the readme for more information.

(* due to current DFhack problems, attack-based entanglement doesn't work in adventure mode :c)

Changelings - Shapeshifters that consume to learn new forms (Download)
Adds a shapeshifting monster with some unique mechanics to the game: changelings. They feast on flesh to learn new forms that they can assume at will. The wild monsters you encounter in fortress mode and adventure mode will have mastered many forms, shifting into predators to fight you. In adventure mode you can play as a fledgeling changeling, adding forms to your collection as you kill and eat numerous creatures.

Also includes the script(s) that make it possible. Out of the box it comes with an option for changeling powers to be granted by secrets, should you want to make some transformation magic.

Please refer to the readme for more information (there's some important notes there!).

Poisoner's Pack - Play with poisons (Download)
The poisoner's pack is a collection of scripted mini-mods based around poisons and enhancing/enabling poison-based gameplay for both modes. It features:
- Coating: Apply poisons to items.
- Extraction: Drain poison from poisonous creature's meat, and milk poison from live creatures (enterprising poisonous adventurers can milk their own venom).
- Potency: The timings for poisons are adjusted in adventure mode to allow them to actually have an impact in combat.
- Weapon Buffs: Bows and blowgun - both weapons better suited to delivering poisons rather than killing - have had their fire rates increased to aid in delivering poison. Bows fire at twice the rate of crossbows, and blowguns twice as fast as bows.
- Sources: A few new sources of poison are included (mostly plants), since you probably actually want some poisons to use in a poison mod...

Each mod included comes with its own readme file which outlines everything it does, as well as notes and information on how to configure their settings.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 07:47:07 am by Atkana »

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

Updated to add the Poisoner's Pack, which took way, way longer than I expected it to. The whole point of doing mini-mods was for them to be quick and easy - it ended up as 6 mods with 9 scripts between them! I think it might be stretching the definition of what's considered a mini-mod (hopefully the mod size police don't notice).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thank you for sharing, I will be sure to look into this amazing functionality when compiling my mod.

Is a simple credit enough if I want to develop a part of my total conversion mod based on one of your amazing scripts?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

Is a simple credit enough if I want to develop a part of my total conversion mod based on one of your amazing scripts?
Anyone is free to use + distribute any of these (either as they are or in an altered form) for any purpose, without credit being necessary (though "credit" helps people know who to blame when something's not working correctly :b).
I'd say that also applies to all my other mods + scripts, but I can't confidently remember if there's a tiny snippet copypasta'd from someone else amongst it all which might complicate licensing (but hey, if there is, I've gotten away with it so far, so you probably can, too :P).

Zemo

• Escaped Lunatic
  • This must be the work of an enemy stand!
    • View Profile

When playing as a changeling, I can't seem to transform. I try to select a form but nothing happens. Here's what comes up in dfhack :

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

When playing as a changeling, I can't seem to transform. I try to select a form but nothing happens. Here's what comes up in dfhack :
Ugh, looks like one of DFhack's updates has broken stuff. I'll make a report for it, but until then you can get around this by reverting the file `hack/lua/argparse.lua` to an older version (the one from my `0.47.05-r4` looks to be working fine).
Thanks for reporting this!

Zemo

• Escaped Lunatic
  • This must be the work of an enemy stand!
    • View Profile

No problem, and thanks for the help!