Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Bring 2: It's Personal 4/7 Gopocalypse [Goo Victory]  (Read 12532 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring 2: It's Personal 4/7 Gopocalypse [Goo Victory]
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2022, 04:26:04 pm »

Jack, Webadict, Knightwing, and Roden.

For reference we had NQT the Cultmafia, Toonyman the Inquisitor with a really long name. And Jack the Goobearer. Had Max not pressed that button to reset things there was a chance Town could have won.

Of note, the Global Block/Skip was Heartache, not Dogsong Max. Dogsong does nothing but setup Dummy to play an Undertale song in thread.

Also, webadict's Innocent Child modifier overwrote his mafiaism at game start.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 04:28:42 pm by TricMagic »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2022, 04:36:10 pm »

As the world collapses, three surround the last. Toony shoots laserr rocks at them all, but they just reform. The only way to surive is to cut off the head, but.. It's too late, and Toony is de-rezzed. EuchreJack is successful, now having a direct link to the game's servers.
 However... The virus has compleetely taken them over, leading them to spread it far and wide. Today, Bring 2, tomorrow, Bring the World.

Goo Victory.

Of note, the only way Toony was winning that was to either get the goo to fracture, or pretend to want to be converted and get to night phase, afterwards killing Jack who was currently a Teal Goo. Which would net him an evolution. Afterwards, kill Roden to chain-kill webadict, and finish off Knightwing.

That said, I learned something here today. And that's that you can say it's not bastard all you like, but when people choose silly strong roles, it ends up that way.
Also, stop presing random buttons Maximum Spin. The Dreaming God role has clues in what things do. In this case it was Undertale boss themes for the most part.

There is a very good reason next time I run Power Hungry Mafia I'm not picking any goo roles. 

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2022, 04:37:59 pm »

As the world collapses, three surround the last. Toony shoots laserr rocks at them all, but they just reform. The only way to surive is to cut off the head, but.. It's too late, and Toony is de-rezzed. EuchreJack is successful, now having a direct link to the game's servers.
 However... The virus has compleetely taken them over, leading them to spread it far and wide. Today, Bring 2, tomorrow, Bring the World.

Goo Victory.

Of note, the only way Toony was winning that was to either get the goo to fracture, or pretend to want to be converted and get to night phase, afterwards killing Jack who was currently a Teal Goo. Which would net him an evolution. Afterwards, kill Roden to chain-kill webadict, and finish off Knightwing.

That said, I learned something here today. And that's that you can say it's not bastard all you like, but when people choose silly strong roles, it ends up that way.
Also, stop presing random buttons Maximum Spin. The Dreaming God role has clues in what things do. In this case it was Undertale boss themes for the most part.

There is a very good reason next time I run Power Hungry Mafia I'm not picking any goo roles.
Amen.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2022, 04:39:04 pm »

I... I might've been trying to convert myself the entire game.
Hey, you won! So congrats on the solid strategy

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2022, 04:48:54 pm »

We also learned another fundamental fact:
I suck at forum Mafia, except bastard games.
This was a bastard game?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2022, 04:51:31 pm »

We also learned another fundamental fact:
I suck at forum Mafia, except bastard games.
This was a bastard game?
Anything with Goo gets labeled as such. Not to mention Dreaming God and Cultmafia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2022, 05:34:07 pm »

My role was supposed to be Undertale-themed? Ew. That would have been something that would make me not play.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2022, 05:51:25 pm »

Well that was balanced.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2022, 06:09:33 pm »

I just think it's funny that I won by begging for my life lol. Having no real power in this game weirdly helped to keep me alive.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2022, 06:14:22 pm »

Heh, I had no active role AND a lose upon lynch role.
But hey, Goo
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]