Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 29969 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (10 / 10)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 02:48:41 am »

Well I wrote all the role flavor and got the setup designed and sent all that out, but right now I'm sleep-deprived and if I try to write a worthy opening post, it's going to come out terrible and full of typos, so I'm going to delay the start of the game until this afternoon, Central time.

Hope that's okay with y'all.

To be explicit, game not started yet.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2022, 06:25:14 pm »

Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future

The Jade Palace's deliberation chamber was only rarely used. The security of it was the very thing that made it a trial to make use of - its layers of protection, bureaucratic and physical, were greater in number than even the Emperor's throne room. The servants watched each other for any suspicious signs, as did the palace guards. It was an environment that could drive even the most enduring worker to a paranoid spasm, and for the sake of all the Court, the chamber lay empty nearly every year.

There were few exceptions to this rule. The highest of trials, of corrupted officials and greater district managers, could be conducted within if the need was great. When the Palace was under military threat, the Emperor could be secluded within, to take advantage of the chamber's physical security.

And when the Emperor was dead, only the highest security would suffice for those choosing the person to take his place.

Ten people gathered, watched by the most loyal and trustworthy guards, and shared tea and meal cakes prepared by the most loyal and honored servants. They could not leave, nor could anyone unauthorized enter. This was the procedural deliberation that would decide the future of the empire.

Quote from: Votecount
EuchreJack - 0
Maximum Spin - 0
Roden - 0
Jim Groovester - 0
Egan_BW - 0
Knightwing64 - 0
notquitethere - 0
webadict - 0
reina - 0
ToonyMan - 0

Votes Unused (10): EuchreJack, Maximum Spin, Roden, Jim Groovester, Egan_BW, Knightwing64, notquitethere, webadict, reina, ToonyMan

Welcome to Day 1. As a reminder, please vote for Nomination in blue. Good luck, everyone.

Day 1 has begun, and will end 8 PM Central time, Monday the 16th - as per time on weekends not counting.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2022, 06:31:06 pm »

Well… what shall we do now? We are in quite a predicament and I believe that our first decision should not be made in haste but instead with careful deliberation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2022, 06:33:50 pm »

I could make a third joke about Jim being King again.

I like the roleplaying Knightwing, but I don't think I could do that all game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2022, 06:41:37 pm »

Why You Should Nominate NotQuiteThere

He is handsome but mysterious

His character role is heroic and wise

He has no idea who the good or bad guys are so would not be best placed among the electorate

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2022, 06:43:31 pm »

Here's how you should fill in your ballot: notquitethere

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 06:46:37 pm »

Hahahaha, I'm convinced.

notquitethere

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2022, 06:57:13 pm »

Alright, first thing we should do is determine Jack's alignment since he's the easiest to read. If he's town, we just win. If he's mafia, well that's one mafia member down.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 07:00:35 pm »

Uhhh. I’m not sure about that

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2022, 07:03:55 pm »

Alright, first thing we should do is determine Jack's alignment since he's the easiest to read. If he's town, we just win. If he's mafia, well that's one mafia member down.
I agree with this plan.

Also, I'm undecided if I should accept nominations or if no one will believe I'm Town, but I feel like not accepting nominations is scummy, so, whatever.

I will note, however, that I am a regular ol' Townie... I think.

Uhhh. I’m not sure about that
Not voting for you ever then.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2022, 07:08:57 pm »

Wot, I was saying that I didn’t think jack was easy to read?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2022, 07:09:44 pm »

RP
If elected Emperor, ER (me) promises to provide a joyous era of prosperity and kicking the crap out of our nation's enemies. That's right, I'm a ruthless son of a bitch. Hell, even the Onyx Cabal members doubtlessly among us should vote for me, I'll grant them amnesty and then appoint them to high ranks in the secret police where they can do their sicko shit legally!
Vote smart. Vote ER.
/RP

So, what's the strategy in this setup? Do we prefer to find scum or figure out confirmed town?
NQT seems legit, but I'm not sure if I see the value in voting so early. Not like it puts pressure on the scum. Is there something I'm missing with this evaluation?

Knightwing is posting, I'm glad. That last post has a scrap of substance to it, but let's see more! What reservations do you have about Roden's plan, Knightwing?
Oops, that's outdated now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2022, 07:16:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

notquitethere
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2022, 07:44:01 pm »

Also, I'm undecided if I should accept nominations or if no one will believe I'm Town, but I feel like not accepting nominations is scummy, so, whatever.
I was thinking this, but since you've said it out loud I'll be glad to point it out.

I think anybody who plays humble is probably scum. Although the fact you're aware of this makes it moot if you're scum so whatever. But at the same time, would you say this out loud in the first place if you were mafia? It's something to think about for sure.

Wot, I was saying that I didn’t think jack was easy to read?
Do you think you're easy to read?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

notquitethere
Man, you're just making NQT's opener even better holy shit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 07:47:08 pm »

So, what's the strategy in this setup? Do we prefer to find scum or figure out confirmed town?

Vote town instead of scum.

NQT seems legit, but I'm not sure if I see the value in voting so early. Not like it puts pressure on the scum. Is there something I'm missing with this evaluation?

See my point above. Since there's no traditional lynch in this game traditional pressure doesn't make much sense to do. The best form of offense in this game is to form a clique of safe emperor candidates that excludes scum.

You've made one post but I don't trust you.

I also don't trust you.

I don't know if I trust you yet.

I don't know if I trust you yet but I'm thinking if I did I wouldn't be wrong to do so.

This is a man who knows exactly what he wants and is not afraid of getting it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38