Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 30328 times)

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2022, 06:10:16 am »

@Reina:
I still support NQT.

How about we propose councils?

I'm most comfortable with myself, NQT, Knightwing.
I think the town read on NQT is fair, not there myself yet but I can see it.

Whats your read on the 2 other people voting like you (webadict,Roden), are they doing it for the same reasons?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2022, 06:59:09 am »

My personal read is that Roden is in the same boat as Webadict and cannot be nominated, it makes sense with how they've played so far, but more importantly Webadict colored Roden's name in green which I believe was a clue or breadcrumb.

In other words there's a good chance both are town and have a town motive in mind. If they both agree on NQT then that's a strong support base to follow through on.

I propose myself because I can be nominated and am town.

I propose Knightwing as a point of neutrality: They have shown no strong will towards anyone or even themselves. This is not the case for any other player here.

I would like to hear from each player their own ideal council, if they would please.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2022, 07:17:18 am »

@webadict: readings seem well reasoned so far. I'm not sure how to feel about the sect reveal. currently voting NQT but considering EJ and Roden.

You mentioned reading me as town. Would you consider voting for me?

sect
How many people are in your sect?
Just two, but I'll let the other person decide if they want to reveal or not, since it may or may not be disadvantageous if we're both Town unless it becomes an issue. Since (I assume) we both have the same restriction, it's not a big deal if I think they're Town or not, but I am pretty sure I have the same win condition as normal Jade Court other than that restriction?
Do you think they should reveal themselves? In what scenarios might you decide to unmask them yourself?

---
@ToonyMan: first to join the NQT bandwagon. has been actively hunting

I could see scum and town notquitethere both making that post, but I think town notquitethere more readily and easily makes that post than scum notquitethere does. Really I'd say any town player in general more readily makes that post than any scum player does. It comes across as fun rather than a careful and calculated move to advance an agenda.
I strongly agree. I think scum!NQT would be much more cowardly.
It's probably much easier for scum to make that opening if they know their buddy is going to immediately join and defend them ;)

Will you be keeping your vote on NQT? Are you considering anybody else?

As much fin as it would be to keep my vote on NQT, I will agree that you are a great Day 1 vote.

My council would probably be reina, EuchreJack and ToonyMan, with reina as my emperor vote if it got to that.

ToonyMan is seeing everything I'm seeing (but now it's scaring me a little), EuchreJack is still giving me strong Town vibes, and reina is just playing out of their minds, so I like it.

Roden, would you like to claim as my Sectbuddy? I mean, only if you don't plan on being nominated. ;)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2022, 07:23:58 am »

Ah, bad copypasta. Stupid phone.

My Sectbuddy will reveal themselves or not. It's an action with consequence in that they may be more visible and have more vocal power, but also comes with more criticism and skepticism. Otherwise, I see no need for me to do so unless it becomes an issue.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2022, 07:26:50 am »

@Reina:
I still support NQT.

I'm most comfortable with myself, NQT, Knightwing.
I'm uncomfortable with this cabinet because it puts you as the most Townie player in it, and I'd rather have a more Townie alternative than Knightwing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2022, 07:36:55 am »

If this is true, I think your sect is effectively a pair of Masons. Looking at the Cabal wincon, they can win if all three of them get nominated, but that's impossible with your Sect wincon. That doesn't seem fair to prevent the mafia from being able to achieve a perfect victory. So looking at it from a mechanical perspective, you would have to be town here.
I mean, if they are Onyx, then the game still ends in a victory for their team, just not for them, but I kind of agree.

I could actually see Jack pretending to not understand the game in order to get town read. Jack isn't dumb, he's frantic and paranoid. Dumb tells just aren't his thing and it makes me hesitant to town read him for that. I don't feel confident voting him today because of that, I'd rather give it another day phase in case he is mafia and is getting coached in the private chat.
I suppose that's fair, but there's some solid evidence that Jack is more likely Town-sided than not.

Anyway, what's your take on reina? Do you think they're Town as well?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2022, 07:40:37 am »

I'm not comfortable with Jack, but I could support Reina. They keep pushing themselves with work and effort but have seen no outside support (until now I suppose). This means they're either town or scum completely flying solo.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2022, 09:14:21 am »

I would like to hear from each player their own ideal council, if they would please.
Not entirely sure what you mean by "council" here. If you are just asking who my current strongest town reads are, then I don't think i have an answer yet. I'd first like to see how some more people respond to my questions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2022, 09:15:25 am »

Not entirely sure what you mean by "council" here. If you are just asking who my current strongest town reads are, then I don't think i have an answer yet. I'd first like to see how some more people respond to my questions.
Your three preferred nomination choices.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2022, 09:33:49 am »

Ahhh, then I think I'm torn between two approaches:

A: me + my two highest town reads. From my math earlier we have a 29% overall chance of electing 3 townies. Trying to target the 3-town win condition might be the right way to go. But its easy to doubt my own abilities to read town. Especially after not playing for so long.

B: me + literally whoever. Maybe even scum. As other people have pointed out, 2 scum on the council will reduce their voting power significantly. Might be vulnerable to cabal abilities though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2022, 10:24:53 am »

Ahhh, then I think I'm torn between two approaches:

A: me + my two highest town reads. From my math earlier we have a 29% overall chance of electing 3 townies. Trying to target the 3-town win condition might be the right way to go. But its easy to doubt my own abilities to read town. Especially after not playing for so long.

B: me + literally whoever. Maybe even scum. As other people have pointed out, 2 scum on the council will reduce their voting power significantly. Might be vulnerable to cabal abilities though.
Okay, then pick one set for each.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2022, 10:52:30 am »

Uhhh….Hmm, Notquitethere, toony and web?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2022, 11:12:33 am »

Uhhh….Hmm, Notquitethere, toony and web?
Rude.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2022, 11:17:05 am »

(Just a quick one while I have a moment)

EuchreJack

You're able to talk about me, but not too me, huh. Here's a question you missed:

I made two substantive claims [in my opening post]. Can you tell me what those were?

Reina, I'll get back to you after EJ has responded to this.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2022, 01:52:01 pm »

I could actually see Jack pretending to not understand the game in order to get town read. Jack isn't dumb, he's frantic and paranoid. Dumb tells just aren't his thing and it makes me hesitant to town read him for that. I don't feel confident voting him today because of that, I'd rather give it another day phase in case he is mafia and is getting coached in the private chat.

A cautious opinion about EuchreJack. I like this!

Me, NQT, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I probably say wooba here but he's taken himself out of the nomination.

I probably pick Roden, and then Maximum Spin and you. Not feeling reina or EuchreJack really. Not feeling Knightwing64 or Egan_BW either.

My council would probably be reina, EuchreJack and ToonyMan, with reina as my emperor vote if it got to that.

I think you're probably town but it's weird how far apart our reads are.

notquitethere
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38