Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 28521 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2022, 09:09:14 pm »

Well, from my point of view, this means at least one Onyx Cabal member is voting for NQT...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2022, 09:39:10 pm »

@Toony: Could you please stop making up new terms without explaining them? Or, you know, try explaining things more in general?
I don't know what you mean.

Also also, Is it just me, or does web not seem very webby?
Web has felt very Webby.

I seem to be missing more of the intricate details in the OP than usual.
After responding to Toonyman, it occurred to me that he was referring to the "Jade Council" from the OP.  It could have been made clearer, though. And I'm scumreading Toonyman for that.
This is a bad reason to scumread someone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2022, 09:42:42 pm »

I seem to be missing more of the intricate details in the OP than usual.
After responding to Toonyman, it occurred to me that he was referring to the "Jade Council" from the OP.  It could have been made clearer, though. And I'm scumreading Toonyman for that.
This is a bad reason to scumread someone.
Agreed that it is a bad reason to scumread someone, but I think it is a swell reason to scumread you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2022, 09:54:40 pm »

EuchreJack
I'm assuming NQT's animosity towards me is due to the animosity I've shown them.  Plus the fact I'm taking away from their nomination.
Well it doesn't help, I'm a sensitive soul... but I find you suspicious because you keep saying suspicious things!

Take this:

Well, from my point of view, this means at least one Onyx Cabal member is voting for NQT...
Two things here:
1. "from my point of view" makes it seem like you want to reiterate your Jadeness, as if it were in doubt at that moment
2. There are are four people not voting me, yourself included. There are 3 cabal members... it's possible that if you were Jade that the three Onyx weren't on me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's likely thee are Onyx lying low on my wagon... but the maths doesn't add up for a Jade saying with certainty that there's a 100% Jade amongst reina/wuba/egan. Like, what do you know that I don't?

Scum slip, much?

I only see the second part as a reveal. I have no fucking clue what it means. So, to NQT's "question", I see nothing. As to why I didn't respond, again I see nothing.

@NQT: I know you're a political candidate, but could you try to talk straight about your so-called "reveal"?
I'm saying I have a specific character role, which may be important if there are role cops or whatever. And I'm saying I have no special information at the start of the game and that putting me on the council won't prevent me from using some day action that could give me special information. All that's pretty straightforward to infer.

reina
Nobody seems to have responded to this so I'll ask what those claims were. Is there something about your role that you were hinting at?
See above.

How do you feel about leading the vote tally? Are there any scenarios where you would ask your supporters to vote someone else today?
I am pleased I am leading the vote tally, I put myself forward for the council for precisely this reason. I could only see myself calling for someone else to get the nomination today if there were some ability that changed my understanding of the situation. My goal today (as it will be every day) is to get Jade onto the council, and so the most straightforward way of doing that is getting myself on the council to begin with.

How about you, would there be anything that would make you decide not to run as a candidate?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2022, 10:05:54 pm »

EuchreJack
I'm assuming NQT's animosity towards me is due to the animosity I've shown them.  Plus the fact I'm taking away from their nomination.
Well it doesn't help, I'm a sensitive soul... but I find you suspicious because you keep saying suspicious things!

Take this:

Two things here:
1. "from my point of view" makes it seem like you want to reiterate your Jadeness, as if it were in doubt at that moment
2. There are are four people not voting me, yourself included. There are 3 cabal members... it's possible that if you were Jade that the three Onyx weren't on me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's likely thee are Onyx lying low on my wagon... but the maths doesn't add up for a Jade saying with certainty that there's a 100% Jade amongst reina/wuba/egan. Like, what do you know that I don't?

Scum slip, much?

I ignored Egan_BW again. This time, I failed to include their voting in the players voting Reina, as it occurred after the official vote count.
I of course was referring to myself as the 100% Jade.  Still think your wagon is filled with Onyx, and you are self-voting...

I only see the second part as a reveal. I have no fucking clue what it means. So, to NQT's "question", I see nothing. As to why I didn't respond, again I see nothing.

@NQT: I know you're a political candidate, but could you try to talk straight about your so-called "reveal"?
I'm saying I have a specific character role, which may be important if there are role cops or whatever. And I'm saying I have no special information at the start of the game and that putting me on the council won't prevent me from using some day action that could give me special information. All that's pretty straightforward to infer.
...yeah, I didn't get that.
Actually, I thought your comment about not knowing the parties was the same as the comment I made when proposing Jim about not knowing the Onyx from the Jade.  In other words, best to get you as a nominee since you can't be counted on to vote correctly.

...I feel like my campaign promise should be to shut up if nominated.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2022, 10:10:08 pm »

Quick, somebody run the numbers!

*vote tallies and sheets of paper fly through the air*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2022, 10:12:02 pm »

I need clear responses from Egan, Max, NQT, Reina, and Roden for today. No peeking at final results!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2022, 10:17:06 pm »

As for my council picks... I'm pretty sure the best strategy is to just get two Jade onto the council day 1 and 2, and then see scum out themselves in their desperate attempt to get one of their number onto the council on day 3. Three Jade wins the game.

It's interesting Jim calls this the boring ending and wants to elect an emperor. I wonder if he has a sect wincon related to electing the emperor.

Anyway my current Jade picks would be:

notquitethere, pacifier of the Moon Barbarians, vanquisher of Fell Ocean Deep Ones, Bane of the Onyx Cabal

Toonyman, a Medical Doctor

Roden, man of mystery, has been on the forum almost exactly a year and still doesn't even have an avatar

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2022, 10:18:02 pm »

Hey, NQT, EJ, and Toony, I'ma ask y'all not to fight because it's distracting. Personally, I think y'all Town, so it'd be better if you guys pick on literally anyone else, but your slight jabs are already enough.

So, instead, I'm gonna ask that you guys assume neutrality at worst, for now. I don't care if you guys think each other are scum for now, but I'm gonna need that energy for later. Now is the selection phase.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2022, 10:28:52 pm »

You think they're so far apart? I don't. I'm just putting greater weight on other aspects. I think being cautious about EuchreJack is fine, I guess. It's a very carefree attitude about it, though, and I think I'd want more reasoning behind it. Being cautious about reina seems a bit sillier to me, since I think it undermines the amount of effort they're putting in. For the most part, reina has put forth some very Townlike responses and effort. Perhaps you're letting an initial reaction cloud your judgment?

I mean, I'm on the same wavelength for Knightwing and Egan, so it's not that different. I'm just more against Maximum Spin.

I reread the thread earlier today. Other players have made observations about EuchreJack's opening being forced and I see where they're coming from on that one. I also observed that EuchreJack wasn't being his normal hyper panicked self as well.

...until today when he started being a nonsensical paranoid mess again.

Nothing reina has said or done is objectionable, but the way they're posting is careful and controlled and deliberate. This makes it difficult for me to confidently say that they are town since it appears to me they are making efforts to avoid being read. This is probably just a style difference that I'm not very keen on.

Effort and engagement is always nice but it also doesn't favorably change my read that much.

I dunno, I was seeing NQT as more town, but now they're trying to smear me, so I'm scum reading them again.

You're supposed to outgrow the OMGUS within your first three games.

Huh, don’t think I’ve ever seen Jack angry before, kinda weird.

Also, I feel like someone hasn’t posted in a while but I can’t put my figure on who.

Also also, Is it just me, or does web not seem very webby?

I like this. You're expressing opinions about the game.

This is good. Do this more!

It's interesting Jim calls this the boring ending and wants to elect an emperor. I wonder if he has a sect wincon related to electing the emperor.

I know the Jade Council is the most optimal town outcome but it's also less exciting than crowning one player Emperor.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2022, 10:37:51 pm »

It would definitely be more exciting to elect someone to be emperor, but for the record I would be overjoyed to get a clean sweep of Jade on the council.

Also, as this game is mostly about townhunting: I don't intend to feud indefinitely, but I do find EuchreJack pretty suspect and unless things change a lot, I can't see a scenario where I'd want him on on the council.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2022, 10:42:14 pm »

Oh yeah.

notquitethere, since you wondered whether the players voting me were doing it organically or not, I'm wondering what's your opinion of how they're voting now. I note that EuchreJack and Egan_BW are voting reina.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2022, 10:42:53 pm »

I need clear responses from Egan, Max, NQT, Reina, and Roden for today. No peeking at final results!
My ideal council is me and any two other Jade players. As I have more than two townreads, I couldn't offer any specific candidates, since it doesn't matter which is which.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2022, 10:44:31 pm »

You have to know that people are going to ask you who your townreads are.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2022, 10:51:07 pm »

You have to know that people are going to ask you who your townreads are.
Yeah, probably.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38