Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 30281 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2022, 11:43:03 pm »

Jim Groovester (and ToonyMan?) might actually be in a sect that requires a Jade Emperor (Or rather, requires a vote on Day 4 to win, since that's the less alignment specific one.)
That's crazy talk.

Also, some people post MORE during the weekends.
*cricket noises*
Honestly, same. I'm sitting here being like: Okay?
I wanted to get everyone's ideal councils first, but I could do analysis now anyway since I've got nothing better to do tonight.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2022, 12:11:53 am »

Shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorten?

Hm, so now I'm getting suspicious.
Why are we nominating the most sensible people, who have a proven track record for correctly finding scum, and not nominating idiots know to always vote wrong?

I'm not sure what you find suspicious about what you're describing but I think this is losing sight of the goal of nominating the players we read most strongly town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2022, 12:22:21 am »

Shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorten?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Some thoughts on the NQT nomination:

notquitethere - 8: notquitethere, ToonyMan, Roden, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, Knightwing64, EuchreJack, webadict
reina - 2: reina, Egan_BW

Scenario #1
NQT is town and mafia are trying.
This makes Reina and Egan look worse.

Scenario #2
NQT is town and mafia aren't trying.
This tells us nothing, though it puts impetus on them moving forward.

Scenario #3
NQT is mafia (and their partners are probably trying).
In this case it doesn't matter if they're trying or not, he's getting the nomination at this rate.
It's more likely that his partners are helping him though, which would make Reina and Egan look slightly better, mainly Reina.

Personally, I think Scenario #2 or #3 is most likely. Scenario #1 is too blatant, it's unlikely that Reina and Egan are both mafia. It comes down to whether NQT is town or not, and he probably is.

Day 1 Proposed Councils

Toony -> Toony, Knightwing, NQT
Webadict -> Reina, Jack, Toony
Knightwing -> NQT, Toony, Webadict
Jim -> Jim, NQT, Roden
Jack -> Reina, Jack, Roden
NQT -> NQT, Toony, Roden
Egan* -> Egan, Jim, Reina
Max* -> Max, NQT, Roden (also townreads Web)
Reina* -> Reina, ??, ??
Roden* -> NQT, ??, ??

(Webadict and Jack are both voting NQT currently even though they're not on their top3 team, so we can assume they're a top4 pick.)

Number of times a Player is on a Proposed Council

6 - NQT
4 - Reina, Roden, Toony
2 - Jack, Jim
1 - Egan, Knightwing, Max, Webadict

Every player has nominated themselves besides Knightwing, Roden, and Webadict. Knightwing only has a nomination because of Toony. Webadict only has a nomination because of Knightwing. I have no idea why Knightwing is nominating Webadict. Webadict would actually be a top candidate for a lot of players except for the fact they claimed they lose if they get nominated.

NQT is the clear top tier. I went over this earlier.

Reina, Roden, and Toony make up the second tier. I think it's likely Roden doesn't want to be nominated based on what Webadict said and their behavior this game so it's actually more like Reina and Toony. If there's no Onyx inside NQT/Reina/Toony then we should see more and more dramatic behavior as the game moves forward as they're the most likely council nominations and mafia will have to do something at that point. I think Reina is probably town so I don't mind them being nominated.

Jack and Jim make the third tier. They have minor support and are more polarizing than the top4 players. I think it's likely neither of them or one of them is Onyx, but not the other. This is because of the hostility and suspicion they've shown each other throughout the game so far.

Egan, Knightwing, Max, and Webadict make the bottom tier. Webadict is willingly bowing out so they don't really count. The remaining three have very little popularity for various reasons. Egan is extremely suspicious. Knightwing is a black hole of mystery. Max is obtuse and rubs people the wrong way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2022, 12:30:01 am »

Another way you can look at it:

Tier 1
Toony, Knightwing, Jim, NQT, Max, and Roden support NQT.

Tier 2
Webadict, Jack, Egan, and Reina support Reina.
Jim, Jack, NQT, and Max support Roden.
Toony, Webadict, Knightwing, and NQT support Toony.

Tier 3
Webadict and Jack support Jack.
Jim and Egan support Jim.

Tier 4
Egan supports Egan.
Toony supports Knightwing.
Max supports Max.
Knightwing supports Webadict.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2022, 12:31:04 am »

I don't support myself, fuck that guy. My council is Meph, Fal, and Mamobo.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2022, 12:40:07 am »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2022, 01:19:28 am »

I don't support myself, fuck that guy. My council is Meph, Fal, and Mamobo.
A visionary beyond reproach.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2022, 06:44:16 am »

Huh, ok. I intentionally stopped posting to see if anyone would bring it up as one of my scum tells, but it kinda looks people just assume I'm town here. Or at least, no one saw it as particularly suspicious. I'm kinda surprised and disappointed honestly, I was hoping someone would accuse me of being a member of the Cabal, since it would've been a town tell.

Regardless, my reads on everyone feel a bit more solid than they were earlier. I feel a lot better about Jack for instance, I think that tonally he's coming off a lot more town than before and that he's being a lot more solvey.

Web feels very transparent, cooperative, and townie. But that sets off alarm bells in my head every time he's like that. I've been snowed by Web pulling this trick as scum so I'm cautious, but I've seen him play this way as town before as well, plus his claim feels legitimate, so I'm leaning town.

NQT kinda town told early on, my mind hasn't changed much there.

Toony is interesting because I see the detective hat and the consistent questioning, which really just makes me want to town bin him. Plus I don't really see him trying to claw his way into controlling the game state. It's been a hot minute since I've town read Toony on Day 1, but I'm kinda leaning that way right now.

Jim might be a member of the Cabal? Pushing for an early Day end isn't in itself scum indicative, but I've noticed in the past that Jim is a bit...hedgey, usually. He gets anxious sometimes when he has to commit to a choice or a read, especially if a lot of people agree with his first choice. I just think he'd show some concern or hesitance with the near unanimous NQT nomination, but he seems ready to just lock it in and move on.

I don't usually like equating effort with alignment, but I agree with Web that it's town indicative for Reina. It shows a level of investment that I think would be hard to fake if she had rolled Cabal on her first game back.

Max I usually just leave for Day 2 before I start solving there. I don't think anything stands out about him as being particularly alignment indicative atm.

Egan is similar, I don't feel like he stands out that much. Even after rereading his posts, I'm not sure I know where his head is at.

Knightwing feels lost, but at this point I feel certain his partners would be coaching him to speak up more if he were Cabal, so I think he's town.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2022, 06:47:13 am »

Also, if I had to choose an ideal council combination for Day 4, it would be NQT, Jack, and myself. If I wanted to get spicy, I would sub out Jack for Toony.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2022, 07:05:23 am »

Hey! I asked where you were at! Nobody answered.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2022, 07:34:14 am »

Toony, saying it's not in my council is incorrect, because my council is made of all Townies, so as long as I nominate a Townie, I'm golden. NQT seems Town enough, even if I would never vote for them as emperor.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2022, 08:28:18 am »

That's very curious Web. What makes me enough of a Jade to put on the council but not be voted emperor? Is this related to your additional wincon?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2022, 08:47:35 am »

That's very curious Web. What makes me enough of a Jade to put on the council but not be voted emperor? Is this related to your additional wincon?
I do not think you're as Townie as other players. What is confusing about that, so I may correct your framed question?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2022, 09:11:12 am »

I do not think you're as Townie as other players. What is confusing about that, so I may correct your framed question?
It's not confusing, it's curious. It's a bit of information about you. So you think I'm townie enough to risk putting on the council but there are other candidates you want to put on the council on a later day. That's explicable...

But you must see through my view, this exactly fits the behaviour of scum who want to lie low on my wagon: like, yeah they'll support me to the council because everyone else is, but when the final day comes they'll wriggle out of that support and throw behind the Onyx scum they've weaseled onto the chamber.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2022, 09:26:16 am »

It's not confusing, it's curious. It's a bit of information about you. So you think I'm townie enough to risk putting on the council but there are other candidates you want to put on the council on a later day. That's explicable...

But you must see through my view, this exactly fits the behaviour of scum who want to lie low on my wagon: like, yeah they'll support me to the council because everyone else is, but when the final day comes they'll wriggle out of that support and throw behind the Onyx scum they've weaseled onto the chamber.
If I were going to do that, I wouldn't make my intentions known. I can think you are Town but unwilling to vote you for emperor because I think you could play like this as scum. It's not rocket surgery. I can only vote one person, and it's currently reina, so if you want to fix that, maybe don't make your tagline that you can't differentiate Town from scum :)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38