Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 29968 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2022, 07:53:25 pm »

So, what's the strategy in this setup? Do we prefer to find scum or figure out confirmed town?
If we can fully trust one player as town then I don't see how we could actually lose.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2022, 07:56:42 pm »

From what I can tell, I'm probably the most rightful heir, so you should nominate me if you want to keep the Mandate of Heaven. In fact, Maximum Spin!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 08:03:24 pm »

Alright, I’m tired so I’m about to go to sleep, don’t make any big decisions without meeeeee

Also, are the sects created by players individually or by the GM?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2022, 08:22:29 pm »

Nothing in the rules indicates player generation of sects so they must be generated by the moderator.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2022, 08:25:31 pm »

There's no proof that they even exist.
But if there is a sect looking out to protect the rightful Imperial family, I'm your guy.
If there's a sect looking out to specifically harm the rightful Imperial family, though, it's uhhhhh, Jim.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2022, 08:31:15 pm »

So, what's the strategy in this setup? Do we prefer to find scum or figure out confirmed town?

Vote town instead of scum.

Great idea! If we all just do that then there's no way we can lose~
Egan_BW

You've made one post but I don't trust you.

Good for you!

Alright, I’m tired so I’m about to go to sleep, don’t make any big decisions without meeeeee

Knight, you should know that no sleeping is allowed in these games. We're making big decisions all the time! :)

From what I can tell, I'm probably the most rightful heir, so you should nominate me if you want to keep the Mandate of Heaven. In fact, Maximum Spin!

Screw the mandate of heaven, elect me so that we can send those bastards to hell!

I'll make a serious vote once everyone's posted.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2022, 08:51:23 pm »

Late to the thread whoops.

I like the discussion about what our goals/approach should be, and think the format does make the scumhunt a bit harder than usual. Vote killing is usually a very good source of intel. It confirms the identity of the victim, implicates anyone who had been overly defensive of that victim, and every success early on makes the late game easier.

Proving someone town is definitely a win condition for us, not sure how to accomplish that though.

Our first nomination is probably not going to be the most critical one. Given more information as we go (and potentially from town abilities) we'll more likely to guess right on days 2 and 3. And the day 1 nominee will end up with much more time under the spotlight (if we guess wrong and they're scum).

I'll default to voting for myself right now (reina) because I have no reason to trust anyone else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2022, 09:13:34 pm »

You know... with the openings thus far, I'd be pretty surprised if EuchreJack isn't town anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2022, 09:18:20 pm »

Mmmm...

Yeah, okay, I'm with the notquitethere party now.

Also, I'm undecided if I should accept nominations or if no one will believe I'm Town, but I feel like not accepting nominations is scummy, so, whatever.
I was thinking this, but since you've said it out loud I'll be glad to point it out.

I think anybody who plays humble is probably scum. Although the fact you're aware of this makes it moot if you're scum so whatever. But at the same time, would you say this out loud in the first place if you were mafia? It's something to think about for sure.
See, therein lies the destiny of we brave few who try too hard. I feel like I might do that. I was thinking of how I'd start off the Day all of today, and this was what I settled on. But, the good news is that I am Town, and even better news is that if I am voting, I might be in a good spot.

Maximum Spin
Egan_BW
reina

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Toony sees what I see, so I'm putting Toony on tbe Town list.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2022, 09:21:13 pm »

Max, Max, Max...

You just gotta feel it, you know?

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2022, 09:22:33 pm »

We could theorize about the Onyx Cabal's strategy in this ruleset, in order to better identify them.

I think the greedy play is to campaign for themselves every day. Gives them more chances to rig the Nominees. But if they coordinate a bit too much for each other we might see a pattern by the end of day 3.

The patient play would be to lay low or campaign independently for the first few days; coordinating on the last day. We aren't going to have much time to vet the Day 3 candidate post-nomination. There may even be town abilities that only target Nominees, and so a later candidate would be dodging less bullets.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:29:14 pm by reina »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2022, 09:24:06 pm »

Max, Max, Max...

You just gotta feel it, you know?
Oh, I feel something, all right.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2022, 09:40:30 pm »

Maximum Spin
Egan_BW
reina

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cold of you to exclude notquitethere like that.
Oh, I can make it even better. We're not voting any one of the three of you! Ever! Thank me later.

ToonyMan - Jade
NQT - obviously Jade
Jim - probably Jade
Webadict - probably Jade

Knightwing - ???
Roden - ???
Jack - ???

Maximum - likely Onyx
Egan - likely Onyx
reina - likely Onyx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38