Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 30326 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2022, 09:57:10 pm »

Guys, I'm going to reveal something, because it's partway through Day 1, and for some reason I have a propensity to do dumb shit at this point:

I actually have an additional Sect condition that makes it only "slightly" more difficult to win: I cannot be nominated. Apologies for not making this known earlier, but I figured it wasn't a big deal, and I also didn't want to detract from the conversation, but I realized that it's probably important that I mention it.

However, I'm fairly certain that EuchreJack and Roden are Town, so I would absolutely be down to nominate both of them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2022, 10:13:00 pm »

That makes sense. I believe your claim.

Which one if you could only nominate one? Jack or Roden?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2022, 10:19:37 pm »

Webadict is probably town too. I'm more sure of this then Jim or NQT or Jack right now. They seem genuinely willing to vote me as a nominee, which only works as a motive if they know they can get a Cabal member nominated.
@Toony: WTF is a Cabal?

Reread your role PM and come back to me on that one.
Uh... Like, I don't wanna be meta, but... Well...

I assume that Onyx Cabal members have their role PMs say Onyx Cabal within, so I was hoping I could trick EuchreJack into revealing his alignment by asking him to verify his role PM had Cabal within it.

I only do this with EuchreJack because I think he might be the only player who might ever fall for it.

Roden is probably Town! Also, a good Day 1 candidate in case the whole NQT thing isn't floating boats, but that's a discussion for later. (I will mark his name in green to show support for him as a Day 1 candidate.)

I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying but advancing Roden as a viable candidate makes me uncomfortable since I don't share the same opinion about Roden as of yet.
You don't think so? I dunno, Roden seems fine to me. What's bothering you about Roden?

Roden's first post set me on edge because while it was perfectly rational it presented EuchreJack as key to resolving this game, which makes me suspicious since it presents one player in particular before he even posted and thus it appeared to me like it was advancing an agenda or a stratagy versus a genuinely town impulse.

He hasn't really made an impression on me since his first post.

sect

How many people are in your sect?

Do you have a different win condition than other Jade Court players?

I've been avoiding bringing up sect related questions since they're more or less pseudo third parties who might make it difficult to identify the Onyx Cabal and there was no guarantee they existed but here you are.

I also need to ask that you're aware of the rules regarding sects in this game and that it's possibly members of the Onyx Cabal have infiltrated them, correct?

Jim
Finally some more content for the meme thread!

Heh, not like it wasn't my thread anyway.

Is this sequence organic??

I'm an organic part of it at least. Can't say anything about everybody else.

Max I'm townreading at the moment. Fun open, albeit a bit touchy about being scumread for getting in the thread later (NAI?)
To put a finer point on it, you stole my move. I'm the legitimate heir, so I should have been campaigning like that, but you got there first and stole all the voters. So I was annoyed that you changed the context for me.

How can you be the legitimate heir and not already emperor, huh???????????????

Also, I decided I should add, we can't really assume that the Onyx are fully coordinated either. The last few games have been ones where the mafia didn't often work together well, for various reasons, don't you think? To be fair, in the TricMagic game, they didn't have a chat, but even some times when they did have chats, there hasn't been much coordination. We should obviously be aware of the possibility of such a strategy, but we shouldn't ignore interpretations where the Onyx are just working at odds to each other by accident, or one (or more) might not be paying enough attention to have followed orders yet. For example, a hypothetical scum member who hasn't been around much or has only been posting superficially might be voting, or not voting, according to outdated information.

I'd expect a lot more coordination come Day 3, since if the Cabal don't have a nominated player then they have to push one of their own for nomination, otherwise they lose.

So… can someone brief me in on the general game plan here? I don’t understand all the technical mambo jumbo stuff

VOTE TOWN
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2022, 10:21:34 pm »

I'm drunk and don't plan to stop drinking so ask me whatever.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2022, 10:23:04 pm »

Votes Unused (1): Knightwing64
Knightwing, why aren't you voting??

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2022, 10:27:39 pm »

Tell us your cabal partners.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2022, 10:35:42 pm »

Dude, straight for the jugular.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2022, 10:43:37 pm »

Votes Unused (1): Knightwing64
Knightwing, why aren't you voting??
On a continued think, I find this very interesting. Why hasn't Knightwing voted yet? They've been around and posting. I'm fairly sure they would have voted now, even themselves, but they haven't. Is this reservation because they don't know who to follow? But they also haven't voted themselves, maybe because they aren't confident they could win a nomination?

What are you thinking Knightwing?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2022, 10:47:48 pm »

Not a cabal member.

But ask me in a couple of beers and I'll tell you the same answer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2022, 10:50:09 pm »

sect

How many people are in your sect?

Do you have a different win condition than other Jade Court players?

I've been avoiding bringing up sect related questions since they're more or less pseudo third parties who might make it difficult to identify the Onyx Cabal and there was no guarantee they existed but here you are.

I also need to ask that you're aware of the rules regarding sects in this game and that it's possibly members of the Onyx Cabal have infiltrated them, correct?
Just two, but I'll let the other person decide if they want to reveal or not, since it may or may not be disadvantageous if we're both Town unless it becomes an issue. Since (I assume) we both have the same restriction, it's not a big deal if I think they're Town or not, but I am pretty sure I have the same win condition as normal Jade Court other than that restriction?

I just figured I'd mention it because, well, they didn't, and I didn't want to have to explain why I'm fighting a nomination later on in the game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2022, 10:51:45 pm »

Hm, this brings up a good point.  Since Roden hopefully sees me as town, and I see Roden as town, it might make some sense if only one of us were nominated, as we need the other one to vote us in the final election.  Then again, three Jade nominees means a win, so nominating Roden who now has the Mandate of Heaven.

Jim, I think, has lost the Mandate of Heaven. 
NQT is looking better, but is not quite as solid in my eyes. I love the graph, even though I don't know what it means.
I'm assuming NQT's animosity towards me is due to the animosity I've shown them.  Plus the fact I'm taking away from their nomination.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2022, 10:52:40 pm »

Guys, I'm going to reveal something, because it's partway through Day 1, and for some reason I have a propensity to do dumb shit at this point:

I actually have an additional Sect condition that makes it only "slightly" more difficult to win: I cannot be nominated. Apologies for not making this known earlier, but I figured it wasn't a big deal, and I also didn't want to detract from the conversation, but I realized that it's probably important that I mention it.

However, I'm fairly certain that EuchreJack and Roden are Town, so I would absolutely be down to nominate both of them.
Interesting. Does the role specify what happens to votes for you at the end of the day?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2022, 10:54:41 pm »

Max I'm townreading at the moment. Fun open, albeit a bit touchy about being scumread for getting in the thread later (NAI?)
To put a finer point on it, you stole my move. I'm the legitimate heir, so I should have been campaigning like that, but you got there first and stole all the voters. So I was annoyed that you changed the context for me.
Does your win condition require you to be nominated or elected Emperor?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2022, 10:57:29 pm »

Jack, I could probably guess who Web is in a sect with. In which case your vote is likely to fizzle.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2022, 11:01:01 pm »

Hmm... Not sure. I'll probably change my mind later on, but I think I'm leaning Euchre at this moment, buuuuut it's close.

Interesting. Does the role specify what happens to votes for you at the end of the day?
I may have ambiguously worded that. I cannot be chosen for nomination. My mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38