Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 30338 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2022, 11:02:45 pm »

What happens then? Does second place win the nomination?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2022, 11:07:26 pm »

I still get selected, I just cannot win.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2022, 11:12:24 pm »

Still unclear on this maybe. Are you saying that the rules themselves will stop you from being nominated/elected, or are you saying that getting nominated violates your wincondition?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2022, 11:24:51 pm »

Still unclear on this maybe. Are you saying that the rules themselves will stop you from being nominated/elected, or are you saying that getting nominated violates your wincondition?
My win condition is to not be selected.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2022, 12:28:37 am »

I'm drunk and don't plan to stop drinking so ask me whatever.

SOMEBODY FIGHT ME
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2022, 01:51:29 am »

Guys, I'm going to reveal something, because it's partway through Day 1, and for some reason I have a propensity to do dumb shit at this point:

I actually have an additional Sect condition that makes it only "slightly" more difficult to win: I cannot be nominated. Apologies for not making this known earlier, but I figured it wasn't a big deal, and I also didn't want to detract from the conversation, but I realized that it's probably important that I mention it.

However, I'm fairly certain that EuchreJack and Roden are Town, so I would absolutely be down to nominate both of them.
If this is true, I think your sect is effectively a pair of Masons. Looking at the Cabal wincon, they can win if all three of them get nominated, but that's impossible with your Sect wincon. That doesn't seem fair to prevent the mafia from being able to achieve a perfect victory. So looking at it from a mechanical perspective, you would have to be town here.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2022, 02:15:43 am »

Webadict is probably town too. I'm more sure of this then Jim or NQT or Jack right now. They seem genuinely willing to vote me as a nominee, which only works as a motive if they know they can get a Cabal member nominated.
@Toony: WTF is a Cabal?

Reread your role PM and come back to me on that one.
Uh... Like, I don't wanna be meta, but... Well...
I feel like this got ignored. I see Jim as being pretty good at the game and not being liable to scum slip like that, but this looks glaringly like a slip.
My impression is that Web is implying that Jack townslipped. I somewhat agree depending on how much I want to over or under estimate Jack.
I could actually see Jack pretending to not understand the game in order to get town read. Jack isn't dumb, he's frantic and paranoid. Dumb tells just aren't his thing and it makes me hesitant to town read him for that. I don't feel confident voting him today because of that, I'd rather give it another day phase in case he is mafia and is getting coached in the private chat.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2022, 03:36:29 am »

I'm drunk and don't plan to stop drinking so ask me whatever.

SOMEBODY FIGHT ME
Sure, why not.

This response feels off to me:
Jim Groovester is... probably Town? Nothing Jim is saying is inherently wrong. I'm not a fan of him voting for himself when EuchreJack voted for him, but I understand the logic behind it.

I think objecting to anybody for a self-vote is kind of weird since at best it's not alignment indicative and at worst it's also not alignment indicative. Both town and scum have reasons for why they wish to be nominated.
I agree with webby here, you seemed pretty quick to accept Jack's nomination. We all do have reasons for wanting to be nominated, but keeping an eye out for coordination is going to be important.

Here is where you changed your vote (previously placed on NQT):
But first...
Nominate Jim Groovester
Why? Well, if Jim is town, then Jim will have great insights...and probably will bungle the vote.  So, let's get him out of the way.  The Nomination process will hopefully put enough spotlight on Jim to ascertain whether or not Jim is town.

lmao fair enough

Jim Groovester
Everyone who had self voted up to that point had done so unprompted (myself, @NQT, @Egan_BW, @Maximum Spin to be specific).

If scum wanted to pick up momentum for nomination, it would make a lot of sense for them to not start it with a self vote. Instead saving that as an easy way to jump on your own bandwagon.

Speaking of, @egan_BW also ended up voting for you just two posts later.

3 votes for you at this point, and between the three of them we don't have many concrete reasons offered as to why. Jack's has said the most, but his reasoning feels vague to me.

At this point, I'm not very interested in voting for you and I think the town might want to watch those that are.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2022, 05:14:22 am »

Guys, I'm going to reveal something, because it's partway through Day 1, and for some reason I have a propensity to do dumb shit at this point:

I actually have an additional Sect condition that makes it only "slightly" more difficult to win: I cannot be nominated. Apologies for not making this known earlier, but I figured it wasn't a big deal, and I also didn't want to detract from the conversation, but I realized that it's probably important that I mention it.

However, I'm fairly certain that EuchreJack and Roden are Town, so I would absolutely be down to nominate both of them.
If this is true, I think your sect is effectively a pair of Masons. Looking at the Cabal wincon, they can win if all three of them get nominated, but that's impossible with your Sect wincon. That doesn't seem fair to prevent the mafia from being able to achieve a perfect victory. So looking at it from a mechanical perspective, you would have to be town here.
Yep, the sect seem like innocent children we can't nominate.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2022, 05:21:10 am »

Wrote up some late night readings (my sleep schedule is fuuuuucked). There's also some questions mixed in.
---
@EuchreJack: started with some good posts, but i am not convinced the Jim campaigning is entirely innocent
I'm going to keep supporting Jim, as I see Jim as slightly townleaning whereas NQT as scummy.
How do you feel about Jim and Egan joining you? What might it take to change your vote today?

---
@Maximum Spin: started with a flavored self-vote and hasn't done much of substance

I also agree about the new guy. #1 scumpick.
I think this was about me: Is this still the case? As your #1 scumpick, you don't seem too interested in asking me questions.

Also, I decided I should add, we can't really assume that the Onyx are fully coordinated either. The last few games have been ones where the mafia didn't often work together well, for various reasons, don't you think? To be fair, in the TricMagic game, they didn't have a chat, but even some times when they did have chats, there hasn't been much coordination.
This feels like an attempt to downplay scummy behavior in general. I'm not informed enough to know whats been going on with chats lately, or what happened in TricMagic. But it seems to me that explicit communication/order structure isn't necessary for the Cabal to campaign for each other. Knowing who each other are is like 90% of the information they need to coordinate in plain view.

---
@Roden: potentially a night cop? recent posts have focused on the sect stuff and EuchreJack

Are you a night cop? Do you plan on sharing results on day 2?

---
@Jim Groovester: see last post, has been active in discussions but I don't see much hunting or strategizing

---
@Egan_BW: self-vote followed by Jim vote.

So, what's the strategy in this setup? Do we prefer to find scum or figure out confirmed town?

Vote town instead of scum.

Great idea! If we all just do that then there's no way we can lose~
Egan_BW
Why change your vote? Did you stop being town at some point?

How do you feel about the other people currently voting for Jim? Do you agree with Jack's reasoning?

---
@Knightwing64: nice first-post grab for day 1, hasn't been very active. You haven't voted yet, which is fine IMO. I'm basically parking my vote on myself so I can't judge.

What are your current plans for voting? Do you have anybody in mind?

---
@notquitethere: a very convincing opening that felt somewhat alignment-neutral, picked up on the same coordination I described in my last post. detailed reading posts, good cabal strategy strategy insight

NQT is a terrible candidate because I think this whole "running as a candidate" is a way to "hide in plain sight".  NQT doesn't have to scumhunt as they can instead post about what a great candidate they would be.  Fluffy posts with no substance.
My post was meant to be funny, but it wasn't fluffy. I made two substantive claims. Can you tell me what those were?
Nobody seems to have responded to this so I'll ask what those claims were. Is there something about your role that you were hinting at?

How do you feel about leading the vote tally? Are there any scenarios where you would ask your supporters to vote someone else today?

---
@webadict: readings seem well reasoned so far. I'm not sure how to feel about the sect reveal. currently voting NQT but considering EJ and Roden.

You mentioned reading me as town. Would you consider voting for me?

sect
How many people are in your sect?
Just two, but I'll let the other person decide if they want to reveal or not, since it may or may not be disadvantageous if we're both Town unless it becomes an issue. Since (I assume) we both have the same restriction, it's not a big deal if I think they're Town or not, but I am pretty sure I have the same win condition as normal Jade Court other than that restriction?
Do you think they should reveal themselves? In what scenarios might you decide to unmask them yourself?

---
@ToonyMan: first to join the NQT bandwagon. has been actively hunting

I could see scum and town notquitethere both making that post, but I think town notquitethere more readily and easily makes that post than scum notquitethere does. Really I'd say any town player in general more readily makes that post than any scum player does. It comes across as fun rather than a careful and calculated move to advance an agenda.
I strongly agree. I think scum!NQT would be much more cowardly.
It's probably much easier for scum to make that opening if they know their buddy is going to immediately join and defend them ;)

Will you be keeping your vote on NQT? Are you considering anybody else?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2022, 05:35:14 am »

My current plans for voting is to probably jump on the bandwagon. I feel like I should wait a little bit before casting my vote though

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2022, 05:39:43 am »

My current plans for voting is to probably jump on the bandwagon. I feel like I should wait a little bit before casting my vote though
Which one? The Jim voters and NQT voters could probably both be described as bandwagons.

Unless things get shook up in the next couple days, your vote (as well as mine) might be the tiebreaking vote(s).

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2022, 05:50:06 am »

My vote will be staying on me for the time being, as I am declaring my candidacy for today's nomination.

As a wise woman of the forest, I commune with the spirits. They foretold the emperors demise.

Until our deliberations end tonight I will be

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2022, 05:55:33 am »

@Reina:
I still support NQT.

How about we propose councils?

I'm most comfortable with myself, NQT, Knightwing.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2022, 06:00:57 am »

(fatfingered the post button damnit)

Until our deliberations end tonight I will be petitioning for your support. If at the end my vote is needed I will pick whichever seems more town.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38