Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 28518 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 1 - Gathered For The Sake Of The Future
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2022, 10:54:20 pm »

OK haha, Max is deffo Onyx. That was easy.

Oh yeah.

notquitethere, since you wondered whether the players voting me were doing it organically or not, I'm wondering what's your opinion of how they're voting now. I note that EuchreJack and Egan_BW are voting reina.
I think you're most likely town, I was explicitly tinfoiling before, there wasn't anything firm. But I strongly feel like there is scum between EuchreJack/Egan/reina (especially the two Es).

My current thought is that the scum are just going to lay low and do whatever for day 1, especially as I've had a firm lead and so they may be resigned to getting their pick in on day 2 or 3.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2022, 11:10:38 pm »

Why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2022, 11:14:41 pm »

Liiiiisten NQT, we don't have to nominate EuchreJack, I get it, but I'll be a little upset if you think reina is scum. Back it on up, boys, I want reina on the nomination board unless you've got a good reason.

Also, still pretty sure EuchreJack isn't scum, but that's hard to defend why.

But Egan prooooooobably is.

You have to know that people are going to ask you who your townreads are.
Yeah, probably.
Yo, who are your Townreads?

You think they're so far apart? I don't. I'm just putting greater weight on other aspects. I think being cautious about EuchreJack is fine, I guess. It's a very carefree attitude about it, though, and I think I'd want more reasoning behind it. Being cautious about reina seems a bit sillier to me, since I think it undermines the amount of effort they're putting in. For the most part, reina has put forth some very Townlike responses and effort. Perhaps you're letting an initial reaction cloud your judgment?

I mean, I'm on the same wavelength for Knightwing and Egan, so it's not that different. I'm just more against Maximum Spin.

I reread the thread earlier today. Other players have made observations about EuchreJack's opening being forced and I see where they're coming from on that one. I also observed that EuchreJack wasn't being his normal hyper panicked self as well.

...until today when he started being a nonsensical paranoid mess again.

Nothing reina has said or done is objectionable, but the way they're posting is careful and controlled and deliberate. This makes it difficult for me to confidently say that they are town since it appears to me they are making efforts to avoid being read. This is probably just a style difference that I'm not very keen on.

Effort and engagement is always nice but it also doesn't favorably change my read that much.
Everyone's saying EuchreJack is scummy, but I'm not on that boat yet, but that's them not understanding the point. It's nooooot a big deeeeeeal. But, I won't vote him up if that's what you're worried about, geez Louise.

reina has past precedent if you want to look up games with eduren in it. Not that I expect that, but the style is consistent. I'm still backing the reina train.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2022, 11:19:57 pm »

Why?
You're being opaque. You don't want to nail your colours to the mast. Why?

Web, if reina is town then scum are not attempting to get a clean sweep of 3 onyx on the court OR they're hoping for an end of day swing OR they have some sneaky power they plan to use. Like maybe they can kill a council member and force another day or something.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2022, 11:28:05 pm »

Why?
You're being opaque. You don't want to nail your colours to the mast. Why?
I'm always like that. This is NAI. You should know that!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2022, 11:30:02 pm »

A sample: You. Notquitethere. Roden.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2022, 11:36:21 pm »

No, I just checked the last game you were in and you were town and clearly able to give reads:

Neither ToonyMan nor EuchreJack look good to me right now, but petty grumbling may also be NAI for all involved parties.
Usually, this is what scum knightwing looks like.

Do you expect five other players to have a sudden shift onto you today? If so, how are you going to achieve that?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2022, 11:59:18 pm »

No, I just checked the last game you were in and you were town and clearly able to give reads:

Neither ToonyMan nor EuchreJack look good to me right now, but petty grumbling may also be NAI for all involved parties.

Do you expect five other players to have a sudden shift onto you today? If so, how are you going to achieve that?
The first one wasn't really a "read", as you can see from the second clause. Scumreads are also different from townreads for me. And to put it simply, with my read on knightwing, a much higher barrier of certainty had been crossed.

Besides, as a general rule, I don't answer indirect questions anyway. When webadict actually ASKED, I answered fine. I just gave a snarky response to the implied question.
No, I don't expect that, but it would be nice. Why don't you start it and see how it goes? Or are you too busy with your Onyx plans?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2022, 12:06:31 am »

Or are you too busy with your Onyx plans?
You jest.

If I get elected today, on D2 are you going to run against reina or do you see yourself backing someone else at any point?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2022, 12:11:17 am »

Why?
@Max: The fact you can't even name two other players you would like to have with you on a council is highly scummy.
It looks like you want to hedge your bets by not offending anyone, AND avoid revealing who your scumbuddies might be.
If I had a gun, I'd shoot you right now.
If I had a lynch, I'd start building you a nice wagon.

NQT, while being a complete and utter ASS, is giving me town vibes.  Actually, I think town!NQT does play like an asshole.  It's scum!NQT that is nicer to be around.

Hey, NQT, EJ, and Toony, I'ma ask y'all not to fight because it's distracting. Personally, I think y'all Town, so it'd be better if you guys pick on literally anyone else, but your slight jabs are already enough.

So, instead, I'm gonna ask that you guys assume neutrality at worst, for now. I don't care if you guys think each other are scum for now, but I'm gonna need that energy for later. Now is the selection phase.

Since I feel Web is town, I'll listen to Web by not only avoiding the attacks on NQT, but voting NQT myself to rebuild solidarity.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2022, 12:13:16 am »

notquitethere

Let's see what happens now.

See NQT, I'm not the only one that can miss things.  Max is voting YOU, and reads YOU as town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2022, 12:14:05 am »

Honestly, that last jab at NQT isn't supposed to be helpful, I'm just pissed off.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2022, 12:15:23 am »

Haha no you got me there, I missed that. I should go to bed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2022, 12:16:12 am »

Haha no you got me there, I missed that. I should go to bed.
Eh, me too.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2022, 12:27:47 am »

@Max: The fact you can't even name two other players you would like to have with you on a council is highly scummy.
It looks like you want to hedge your bets by not offending anyone, AND avoid revealing who your scumbuddies might be.
If I had a gun, I'd shoot you right now.
If I had a lynch, I'd start building you a nice wagon.
A sample: You. Notquitethere. Roden.
I mean, I could name more, but I don't want to, because I'm trying to hedge my bets about giving away to scum whom to target, if someone I'm suspicious of is actually town.
Like... the opposite of what you're doing right now, since I'm town, so scum has the obvious opportunity to throw mud at me to boost their own chances.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38