Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 09]  (Read 7469 times)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile

The year is 21XX.

The Maverick Wars are in full swing, and endless strife and misery has taken over the world.

The battles between the violently insane Mavericks and the Hunters who seek to defend man and reploid kind from their acts grow ever more destructive, resulting in the loss of countless lives.

It seemed as though this conflict would remain at a standstill...

However, after what should have been a routine sweeping mission, the legendary Maverick Hunters X and Zero disappeared without a trace.

Soon after, attacks began to increase across the globe at an alarming rate, with the limited number of remaining Maverick Hunters being unable to properly defend humanity and reploids from these assaults.

CRASH!! KRACKOOOM!!!

A large explosion can be heard throughout the streets of Neo Tokyo, it is a large scale Mechanaloid attack.

You receive a distress signal:

"Huff... huff... Can anyone read me?"

"This is Axl! I'm dealing with a huge Maverick right now and I need backup! I'm sending this signal out to anyone in reach! Please, get to Tokyo Tower as soon as you can! I'm counting on you!"

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

Edit: I should've specified, there's no signups, it's free join.

Spoiler: Hunters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mission Mavericks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maverick Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 01:46:59 pm by Lovefool »
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:38:17 am »

answer call.  grow swords out of my arms. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 03:22:30 pm »

Stylishly burst from the ceiling covered by a golden aura of POWER

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 05:52:25 pm »

Fly through the air to Tokyo Tower.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 01]
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 07:48:45 pm »

Turn 01

answer call.  grow swords out of my arms. 

[5]: Upon hearing the signal, you immediately make your way straight toward Tokyo Tower with high speed. At your speed, you manage to arrive within a few minutes to witness the attack from the Mechanaloid.

It is a gigantic octopus shaped machine holding the top part of Tokyo Tower with its hind tentacles and attacking a smaller, gun-wielding reploid below it. This reploid must be the one called Axl.

[6]: You manage to grow a set of massive energy swords from within your arms, but the sheer strain from the energy tax it puts on your body is causing you to collapse. You must roll to dodge!

[1 for Energy Tax/3 for BlackPaladin]: You manage to fight back the energy tax and stabilize your dual energy swords, preparing you for the fight ahead.

Stylishly burst from the ceiling covered by a golden aura of POWER

[1]: You try to burst from the ceiling of a nearby building, but instead you wind up getting stuck right inside it. The Octopus Mechanaloid while swinging at Axl, winds up taking a swing at the building you're in! You must roll to dodge!

[6 for Octopus Mechanaloid/5 for Knightwing]: You manage to only be grazed by the Mechanaloid, and the building remains intact, you are still stuck within ceiling however and must find a way out.

Fly through the air to Tokyo Tower.

[1]: You attempt to fly from your location straight to Tokyo Tower... but your boot engines stop working mid-flight and you are sent careening down into the pavement at high speed! You must roll to dodge!

[3 for Gravity/3 for TricMagic]: Your engines manage to just come on right before you smash against the pavement, but their energy is too weak for you to burst your way forward, you'll have to run.

========================================Enemy Turn=========================================
The Mechanaloid attempts to charge a large ink blast at Axl.

[2]: However the charge fails and the Mechanaloid is left unable to use their blast.

========================================Ally Turn===========================================
Axl rapid fires at the Octopus Mechanaloid's upper tentacles to get it to fall to the ground.

[2]: Axl misses the shot, and grumbles aloud to himself

"Aw man, you gotta be kidding me right now! Gosh, Zero would be laughing at me so hard after that."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Turn End
Present Day... Heh...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 02:36:43 am »

Reveal that I was a hobo sleeping in an alleyway nearby that's been woken up by all the nose, use a broken bottle to stab the bit squid thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 05:37:20 am »

Absorb ceiling to enhance POWER and go after blackpaladin.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 05:24:40 pm »

murder knightwing with swords.  then reprimand his corpse for not being focused on the objective. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 06:42:03 am »

(…. I uhhhh, meant that I followed after you to go to where you are? I feel like there has been a misunderstanding here)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 02]
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2022, 03:17:11 pm »

Turn 02

Reveal that I was a hobo sleeping in an alleyway nearby that's been woken up by all the nose, use a broken bottle to stab the bit squid thing.

[5]: You sit up, cloaked in an alleyway right next to the Tokyo Tower. A small grimace forms tightly upon your face. You were just trying to get some shuteye, and now there's all this racket. You throw off your cloak and reveal your powerful armored body, embroidered with golden markings, signifying power.

[4]: You smash a nearby bottle within the alley and dash towards the Mechanaloid, attempting to stab one of its lower tentacles! The Octopus Mechanaloid must Roll to Dodge!

[4 for King Zultan/4 for Octopus Mechanaloid]: However, the Mechanaloid manages to swifly retract the tentacle you targeted, but isn't able to make a proper counter due to still dealing with Axl.

Absorb ceiling to enhance POWER and go after blackpaladin.

[6]: You begin to absorb the ceiling in an attempt to consume the material and turn it into energy, but suddenly you start overloading yourself by trying to consume the entire building. You must roll to dodge!

[2 Overload/6 for Knightwing]: You manage to succeed in consuming the entire building, and are filled with extreme POWER!

[5]: Using your new strength, you leap straight over to BlackPaladin's location and prepare yourself to fight the Mechanaloid.

murder knightwing with swords.  then reprimand his corpse for not being focused on the objective. 

[4]: Due to the shock of Knightwing's sudden appearance, you believe them to be an enemy Maverick, and attempt to slash them with your energy swords! Knightwing must roll to dodge!

[1 for BlackPaladin/1 for Knightwing]: Knightwing's POWER blocks your attacks through sheer force of will, and the two of you bounce back.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

"Wait, you mean you're not a Maverick?"

"OF COURSE NOT! I came here because of the signal."

"My mistake then... I suppose we should put ourselves to good use and take care of that."

BlackPaladin points at the Octopus Mechanaloid still facing off against Axl.

[Automatic 2]: You can't reprimand a corpse if there is no corpse.

========================================Enemy Turn=========================================

The Octopus Mechanaloid sweeps its tentacles through out the surrounding area!

[4]: It sweeps enough to target two reploids... BlackPaladin and Axl! BlackPaladin and Axl must Roll to Dodge!

[3 for Octopus Mechanaloid/4 for BlackPaladin]: BlackPaladin manages to leap into the air out of the way of the attacking tentacles, and manages to land a minor slash, causing the Mechanaloid to groan in pain.

[1 for Octopus Mechanaloid/4 for Axl]: Axl uses the tentacles as jumping points to leap higher and higher into the air. Then, once right at the top of Tokyo Tower, he begins rushing downwards while firing rapidly at the Mechanaloid's face.

"TAAAAKE THIIIIIIIS!!!!!!"

The shots break the Mechanaloid's defense and it lets go of the tower, careening to the ground. Axl leaps in front of it, and makes a pose while the Mechanaloid explodes in a fiery glory.

"Haha! All in a day's work!"

========================================Ally Turn===========================================

Having defeated the Mechanaloid, Axl makes his way to the group of Reploids who arrived at his signal.

"Thank you guys for coming, I appreciated the help. I'm Axl, I'd like to talk more, but we'll save that for when we get to the closest Maverick Hunter base."

Axl begins walking away, and then looks back at you.

"Come on, last one there's a rotten egg!"

========================================================================================
As the reploids who responded to Axl's Call follow him to the Neo Tokyo Maverick Hunter Base, a figure arrives at the scene, a witness.

"Damned Reploids... Those freaks bring nothing but destruction wherever they go, Maverick or not."

The figure stares into the burning flame left behind by the Mechanaloid's corpse.

"Khh... I'll show them... I'll show them what a Human can do."

MISSION 00: COMPLETED

The Octopus Mechanaloid was destroyed by Maverick Hunter Axl, with assistance from BlackPaladin, Knightwing, TricMagic, and King Zultan.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

========================================================================================

You arrive at a small, black building. Axl walks up to the front door, and is scanned by some sort of device.

"Hunter Recognized: Welcome, Axl."

"Alright, come on in."

Axl nudges you all forward, and upon entering you see a room filled with reploids walking back and forth, working on computers and the like, looking up various information.

"Has anyone found any information on X or Zero's whereabouts?"

"None here, we'll keep searching."

"Does anyone know where Dr. Abel is?"

"He's on his way back from Kyoto, he should be here shortly."

In the middle of this scene sits a female reploid, typing away. Her blonde hair and pink suit invites a feeling of comfort, while her diligence shows her competence.

"Hey Alia, you find anything on these recent Maverick attacks?"

"Ah, Axl, good to see you're alright."

"Yeah, it's no biggie, I totally had it handled."

"Oh really? I could have sworn I heard a distress call from your location only an hour ago."

She giggles to herself while Axl tries to hide his embarrassment.

"At least I managed to snag us some new recruits."

"Yes, it's a good thing you did... because the Maverick problem here has just gotten worse."

"Oh great, who is it this time? Sigma?"

"We've seen no sign of him yet, but of course we can't completely discount the possibility. For now we have found 8 Mavericks in the surrounding area."

"Alrighty, what grabbag of crazies do we have the pleasure of dealing with this time?"

Mavericks

Dripdry Dolphin: Located in a offshore military base off the coast of the Okinawa Prefecture. He intends on taking over the naval fleets and sending them to attack the coastline of the mainland for an attempted takeover.

Static Skunkfist: Located somewhere in Neo Tokyo, this despicable Maverick has been poisoning and burning innocent humans and reploids alike, while maintaining a semblance of secrecy by using connections with the Yakuza.

Multipla Mouse: She was once the assistant of Dr. Abel, but she seems to have contracted the Maverick Virus despite the good doctor's best attempts to find a cure. She was last seen in Kyoto, but her powers are known only to Dr. Abel. You'll have to talk to him to get a true bearing on her.

Exalted Eelzekiel: This Maverick Priest believes himself to be blessed by the divine. He claims his abilities were bestowed upon him by the great Doctor, and speaks frequently of the Second Coming of the Doctor. His church is located in Saitama, and has grown to a massive size in both stature and following. He plans to take over the country with his loyal followers.

Nuclear Nightingale: The single most dangerous Maverick located. They are a roamer with no pinpointed location, but tracking them is easy by utilizing our radiation trackers. They were a part of a failed experiment of Dr. Abel's, so he might know more about them. The one thing to keep in mind is that Nightingale's body is constantly degrading... and if it degrades completely, it will undergo Nuclear Fission and cause a Nuclear Explosion that could be catastrophic in scale. Be very careful when dealing with them.

Blackout Bison: It's unfortunate that you will have to fight Bison, he was once a great Maverick Hunter... but the virus corrupted him and turned him rabid. He has no special abilities, he is merely extremely strong, strong enough to rip large Mechanaloids in half with just his bare hands. He has been found, waiting inside a temple in the Hokkaido prefecture. Waiting for who or what, we do not know, regardless he cannot be left alone.

Voracious Vulture: This lady likes to call herself the "Grim Reaper of Reploid Kind", and is often seen working with her partner in crime, Static Skunkfist. She often kills humans and reploids alike and then... devours them. She is a complete monster of the battlefield, using her massive scythe and her ability to fly to slaughter her opponents. She was last seen circling around the Neo Tokyo Dump, feasting on the corpses of dead reploids.

Crazed Coyote: Another reploid who lost their sanity after an experiment by Dr. Abel to find a cure for the Maverick Virus. We have been told they are not actively violent, but their ability causes many humans and reploids alike to violently harm themselves and each other. Dr. Abel has advised to take extreme caution with Coyote, as their powers can cause permanent damage. Coyote has taken asylum within a deep cave near Mount Fuji.

"Those are all eight of the targets we've found."

"Hmm... Well, for now I'll have to pass on them personally."

"What? Why? Axl, you're the highest ranking Hunter we have left... if you won't take on these Mavericks then-"

"Look, Alia, it's not that. With all of this craziness going on, someone has to find X and Zero as soon as possible, and there's nobody else well equipped enough for the job besides me."

"But, what'll we do? Without you... we don't have enough manpower to take on these threats."

"That's where you're wrong, look at these reploids here. They're more than capable of handling some, Skunkfist or whatever."

"AXL! This is no laughing matter, these are brand new recruits. They haven't even done any basic training, much less fieldwork. What you're asking of them is suicide!"

"Alia..."

"I say we give them a shot."

All eyes turn to a tall man adorned with a labcoat, his short black hair and beard give the vibe of an imposing figure, but his eyes radiate with kindness.

"Oh Dr. Abel, you should not encourage this recklessness."

"Now, now Alia, you know I wouldn't recommend something if I hadn't put at least some thought into it, and Axl is right, we need X and Zero back as soon as possible. We don't know what kind of threat might have taken them down, but if it's strong enough for them, then the only person close to that level of strength would be Axl."

"I suppose you're right... but I still have my reservations about this."

"Alright! Thanks for the save, Doc. Alia, I'm heading out on recon."

Axl turns to you, and smiles.

"Welcome to the Maverick Hunters, I'll be counting on you guys."

Axl then transports out of the building, with Alia groaning in frustration.

"Well, like Axl said, Welcome to the Maverick Hunters. You should take some time to get yourselves acquainted with the place and get yourselves equipped before choosing which Maverick you'd like to hunt."

Event: Mission Select

You have the next turn to speak to characters and improve your equipment, and make a selection for which Maverick the group will hunt. The Maverick will be randomly selected from your suggestions.

Turn End
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:20:35 pm by Lovefool »
Present Day... Heh...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 03:55:40 pm »

Hi Alia! My name is Alexander, but you can call me Alex. Maybe… we could go to the movies later?

Celebrate if she says yes, pout if she says no. Get upgrades to enhance my awesome POWER

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2022, 06:46:44 am »

"I'm still not sure what's going on here last thing I remember was waking up in an alley because some big squid thing was making loads of noise then trying to stab it, then suddenly I was being lead here by some guy, did I pass out and join the army without realizing it or something?"
Turns out broken glass isn't a very good weapon so I must go forth and find something better like a pipe or gun, also acquire alcohol as that's what I require to get through the day.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 08:15:02 am »

Also don't forget to pick the Maverick you'd like to suggest for the next mission.
Present Day... Heh...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 09:35:35 am »

Exalted Eelzekiel

The others can wait, we need to deal with him now before he takes over the whole country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 05:15:58 am »

Dripdry Dolphin

"I'm still not really sure what's going on but I've always wanted to punch a dolphin so I say we go after whatever the dolphin one is."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4