Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 09]  (Read 7444 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 02]
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2022, 03:42:16 pm »

upgrade evasion.  Dripdry Dolphin for the sake of arriving on an conclusion. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 03]
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2022, 07:04:38 pm »

Turn 03

Hi Alia! My name is Alexander, but you can call me Alex. Maybe… we could go to the movies later?

Celebrate if she says yes, pout if she says no. Get upgrades to enhance my awesome POWER

[6]: You proceed to ask Alia out, cracking a charming smile and doing your best to be seductive... however while you're doing that, another Reploid shouts,

"Hey, look out!"

You turn to notice large tub of oil is falling towards you from a mechanaloid cart container, and if it covers you you'll look like a complete idiot in front of Alia. You must roll to dodge!

[6 for Oil/5 for Alex]: The oil spills all over your boots, causing you to fall on your ass.

"Pfft..."

Alia proceeds to giggle at your predicament, but that's what you get for not paying attention to your surroundings.

"Sorry, heehee, I'm gonna-haha, have to decline teeheehee. I'm much too busy heehee"

[3]: You pick yourself off the ground and walk to the armory, still sulking. You manage to see some compression gauntlets, which use pressurized air to amplify punches, and you equip them to yourself, giving your POWER a little boost.

"I'm still not sure what's going on here last thing I remember was waking up in an alley because some big squid thing was making loads of noise then trying to stab it, then suddenly I was being lead here by some guy, did I pass out and join the army without realizing it or something?"
Turns out broken glass isn't a very good weapon so I must go forth and find something better like a pipe or gun, also acquire alcohol as that's what I require to get through the day.

"That seems to be the gist of it, yes. Axl is rather brash with his decision making, I'm sorry if you came here against your will... but we really need your help right now."

[1]: You go to pick up a new weapon in the armory, following after the sulking Alexander, and from the corner of your eye you see a grenade launcher. You go over to pick it up, but upon sensing your presence it turns on and fires at you! You must roll to dodge!

[1 for Grenade Launcher/2 for King Zultan]: You barely manage to throw the Launcher out the nearby window before it finishes firing and it explodes in midair, harming nobody. That's one less weapon you could be using unfortunately... seems like the bottle will have to do for now.

[6]: You walk over to the break room, which happens to have a fridge, and go to grab some beer. You grab a big, brown cask and bring it to the table. You begin to drink it up... but it tastes weird... and it smells like... SULFURIC ACID?! WHO PUTS SULFURIC ACID IN THE FRIDGE?!

Either way, it looks like you must Roll to Dodge!

[1 for Sulfuric Acid/3 for King Zultan]: You manage to throw up the acid out of your system, you're lucky given that you're a robot... had you been a human, you would have most certainly died. You put the acid on the counter and put a post-it note on it that reads, SULFURIC ACID!!! DO NOT DRINK!!!, and decide that maybe you've had enough to drink for today.

upgrade evasion... 

[4]: You follow Alex and King into the Armory, watching the shenanigans ensue around you in disbelief. You look around for something that could boost your evasion and find some Air Dash Boot Upgrades.

They look kind of familiar, like they belonged to someone else but have been repurposed. Regardless, they'll allow you to dash in the air with ease.

========================================================================================

Mission Select:

Exalted Eelzekiel

The others can wait, we need to deal with him now before he takes over the whole country.
Dripdry Dolphin

"I'm still not really sure what's going on but I've always wanted to punch a dolphin so I say we go after whatever the dolphin one is."
...Dripdry Dolphin for the sake of arriving on an conclusion. 

2 picks for Dripdry Dolphin and 1 pick for Exalted Eelzekiel. The roll will be decided, if the dice lands on 1, it will be Exalted Eelzekiel, if it lands on 2 or 3, it will be Dripdry Dolphin.

The Maverick shall be:

[1]: Exalted Eelzekiel

========================================================================================

"Your first mission will be to infiltrate the Blessed Church of The Second Coming within Saitama, eliminating its leader, The Mad Priest: Exalted Eelzekiel, and ending his brainwashing of the populace."

Alia turns to Dr. Abel, who steps forward to speak.

"We are told that Eelzekiel has some sort of ability to teleport himself within the blink of an eye, so this mission will require some stealth so he won't escape, for that we'll be having you fly over to Saitama in my specially devised Stealth Ride Chasers."

They have a stealth projection field built in, so with just the push of a button, nary a sight or sound will be made of you. Pretty cool stuff right, I've had these babies in the works for several years ever since my brother Dr. Cain--"

"Um, Dr. Abel, you're rambling again."

"Oh, am I? Sorry, I just get so excited when I talk about all the technology I'm working on. Ahem, I hope these Ride Chasers will be of help to you all. If anything malfunctions or doesn't work, make sure to let me know, I'll do my best to troubleshoot it."

"Thank you very much, Doctor. Alright then, Hunters! Prepare for flight!"

You make your way to the rooftop of the building, where you find the Ride Chasers sitting there for you. Several other reploids are surrounding the area making final checks on all the devices and making sure these bikes won't blow up in your face.

"The engines are all properly cooled, we've triple checked the Stealth Field, and the defensive blasters are charged and ready."

"Looks like it should be smooth sailing then, they should reach Saitama in about 15 minutes."

You hear a voice from the new speakers that have been implanted in your armor.

"Alex, Zultan, Paladin, Tric? Can you hear me?"

The voice of course belongs to Alia, who proceeds to wish you luck.

"Don't be afraid to ask me to analyze things for you if need be, and remember to be careful."

You get onto the Ride Chasers... and begin to rev the engines.

VRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!

"3... 2... 1... MISSION IS GO!"

You launch at blistering speeds northward to Saitama, turning on your Stealth Projection Fields after about 7 minutes of flight.

In the distance you see a grandiose, pyramid like building... It looks to have taken up nearly an entire city's worth of space. It shimmers in the setting sunlight.

That, is the Blessed Church of the Second Coming."

The intense size sends a shiver down your spine... as if knowing that if your stealth is broken, an entire army's worth of opponents will be at your throats.

You eventually arrive in a clearing near the foot of the pyramid, and park the Ride Chasers with the Stealth Fields on, there's a tracker that shows their location to you.

"From here out, you'll have to manually sneak your way in. Despite his best efforts, Dr. Abel has not been able to make a Reploid safe version of the Stealth Projection Fields, so the rest of this mission is on you. Best of luck, Hunters."

MISSION 01:
Losing My Religion

You must eliminate The Mad Priest, Exalted Eelzekiel, by any means necessary.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2022, 07:19:26 pm »

Pretend to be a priest blessed by Eelzekiel using my POWER enhanced by CEILING to make myself appear to be shining a golden light to awe them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 01:31:38 am »

"Oh god today isn't going well, forced into an army, almost got blown up by a faulty grenade launcher, accidentally drank acid that was in a fridge for some reason, and now I have to fight some guy that lives in a giant pyramid with his own army,  this isn't gonna end well, wish I'd just stayed asleep in the dumpster."
Find a air conditioning unit and pull off the exhaust vent cover off and crawl into the ventilation shafts as quietly as possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 02:49:22 pm »

"Oh god today isn't going well, forced into an army, almost got blown up by a faulty grenade launcher, accidentally drank acid that was in a fridge for some reason, and now I have to fight some guy that lives in a giant pyramid with his own army,  this isn't gonna end well, wish I'd just stayed asleep in the dumpster."
Find a air conditioning unit and pull off the exhaust vent cover off and crawl into the ventilation shafts as quietly as possible.

follow this guy.  use my air dash to allow us to get to the top of the building where the air vents most likely are. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 04]
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 05:08:33 pm »

Turn 04

Pretend to be a priest blessed by Eelzekiel using my POWER enhanced by CEILING to make myself appear to be shining a golden light to awe them.

[4]: You make your way straight to the front entrance, using your POWER to cast a golden radiance around yourself. As you get closer, you see several guards. They notice your presence and are immediately entranced.

"Who... who are you?"

Gazing upon your radiance, the guards can't help but bow their heads in silent admiration.

"I am... Lexicon, a blessed preacher of this holy Church. I have come to see Father Eelzekiel himself, so I may give him good tidings from Neo Tokyo."

You make up this fake alias with relative ease, and the guards motion to let you pass.

"He's currently giving a sermon at the moment, you should find the Father in the Nave, it's about three floors up and to the right of the west hall."

You walk in and begin making your way towards this "Nave" place.

[4]: Allowing Alexander to distract the guards, you make your way to the back side of the building and find the Church's air conditioning unit, after pulling the cover off, you make your way into the building.

"Based on what those guards told Alex, the Nave should be on the third floor, so you'll have to do some climbing. Keep your ears open."

follow this guy.  use my air dash to allow us to get to the top of the building where the air vents most likely are. 

[2]: You decide to not follow King, and instead keep lookout in the forest near the front of the Church. You don't happen to see anyone coming or going so it seems like this was a bust.

[5]: After having enough of that, you decide to test out your air dash by running to the side of the building and leaping up. You put so much pressure that you launch straight to the roof without even making a sound, landing right in front of the upper air conditioning units, giving you the advantage of an easier entry to the Nave.

========================================Enemy Turn=========================================

The front gate guards try to not fall asleep.

[1]: They get so bored however, with absolutely nothing to worry about, that they collapse on the ground and begin to nap.

Present Day... Heh...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2022, 01:53:46 am »

Keep crawling along the shaft until I find a branch that leads up then climb up it until I get to a shaft on the third floor.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2022, 05:19:31 am »

Continue walking to the Nave while shining in a divine manner with my POWER

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2022, 09:17:37 am »

crawl to target.  stay in stealth until my other teammates engage. 

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 05]
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2022, 08:19:40 pm »

Turn 05

Keep crawling along the shaft until I find a branch that leads up then climb up it until I get to a shaft on the third floor.

[3]: You continue to slowly crawl through the air shaft, it's quite long however. You manage to reach a branch leading upwards, but you only manage to reach the second floor before you decide to rest as it is surprisingly warm.

Continue walking to the Nave while shining in a divine manner with my POWER

[6]: You shine radiantly with your POWER as you begin to dash towards the Nave. However, you get a little too excited and when you go to push the door to the Nave open quietly, you accidentally activate your compression gauntlets which will send the door flying and break your cover! The Door must Roll to Dodge!

[2 for Compression Blast/4 for Door]: Luckily the door is made out of a strong titanium alloy, only painted like mahogany wood to fit with the Church's aesthetic.

You enter the Nave slowly, so as to not attract too much attention, and lean on the backwall. The room is filled with hundreds of Reploids, all in silence, except for one.

Standing in the stage at the end of this massive cathedral is one lone Reploid, dressed in white and gold robes, with a little orange pattern on the sleeves. His face is shaped like that of a slippery eel, as he grins with a sly confidence reserved only for the divine and powerful.

"Listen to me, my brethren, hear the great wisdom of which I shall dispense upon you!"

He poses pointing up to the sky in a flamboyant manner, before dropping down on one knee and waving that finger up and down the audience.

"The soul of every Reploid shall be double when the Great and True Doctor has his second coming, he will lead us to an era of excellence that the humans could only dream of!"

He rises to his feet and spreads his arms across, and smiles.

"And so we must prepare... we must begin with the rituals, to call forth the Second Coming!!"

The Nave begins to echo with the cheers of mesmerized insanity. Some cry with joy, others scream in deep fervor, others laughing mad. Truly, this priest has dug his claws into the very being of every reploid here.

"Today... TODAY!! We shall commence with the sacrifice of two humans!"

The cheering gets louder, as the slippery priest raises his arms, and with a flash of light, vanishes from view.

The crowd becomes eerily silent, as all eyes gaze upon the now vacant stage. 1 second... 2 seconds...

Suddenly another flash, and he returns, now with two humans tied upon crosses behind him.

"BEHOLD!!!! The Exalted Power bestowed upon I, Father Eelzekiel, has granted us these noble offerings!!

The cathedral roars in fervor, while the humans tied on crosses wake up, absolutely mortified.

"Wha... WHAT'S GOING ON?! I WAS JUST AT WORK, WHERE AM I, WHY CAN'T I MOVE?!"

"Oh god... That's the Maverick, Exalted Eelzekiel!!! NO!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!"

"Calm down lambs, and rejoice! You shall be made into our first sacrifices for the Second Coming! Are you not elated? You shall be donating your lives to that of a higher power, one that shall bring true peace and prosperity to all Reploid kind!"

Drums begin to beat, as a ritual chant is spoken.

"We shall begin with the great chant of the Doctor's Return, sing with me my brethren!"

"I've done some research on the chants of the Church and their traditions, this Chant should last about 5 minutes. Please, do everything you can to save those humans before they finish, otherwise they will die!"

Event: Blood Ritual

Rescue the humans before they die in 5 Turns, doing so will land you all an increased rank. Failing to do so will result in Exalted Eelzekiel having double health.

crawl to target.  stay in stealth until my other teammates engage. 

[4]: You manage to crawl to a vent on the third floor, and witness the scene taking place there. You notice Alex is standing on a back wall, and wait for him to engage Eelzekiel before jumping into the fray.

========================================Enemy Turn=========================================

Eelzekiel attempts to immerse himself in the ritual.

[2]: However he gets distracted by the human cries and it causes him to grimace.

The crowd tries to get louder to empower the ritual.

[2]: They are still tired from the excitement earlier and thus can't raise their voices anymore.

========================================Ally Turn=========================================

The humans try to cry for help.

[5]: They scream and plead so loud that all of the Maverick Hunters in the building can hear them and are aware of their presence, and the crying keeps distracting the ritual.

Turn End
Present Day... Heh...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 01:19:56 am »

"Oh great now we have to save people."
Continue climbing until I hit the third floor, then crawl along the shaft until I find a vent cover that will allow me to get out near the people but not in the same room, after my exit I'll try to find the room the people are in and see what's happening inside before I act.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 05:58:05 am »

Do a POWER dash and hit Eelzekiel right in this stupid face, looking to stun him. Try to untie the humans as he is stunned.

Alia, wanna make a bet? If I save these humans, you go to the movies with me.

(I had a mad crush on Alia when I was younger, so doing this just feels right lol)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 06]
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2022, 07:35:25 pm »

Turn 06

Rescue the humans before they die in 5 Turns, doing so will land you all an increased rank. Failing to do so will result in Exalted Eelzekiel having double health.

"Oh great now we have to save people."
Continue climbing until I hit the third floor, then crawl along the shaft until I find a vent cover that will allow me to get out near the people but not in the same room, after my exit I'll try to find the room the people are in and see what's happening inside before I act.

[4]: You manage to climb your way to the third floor. Using the volume of the ritual as a guide, you get close to the Nave, but decide to exit at a nearby religious bathing room.

[2]: You decide that trying to sneak into the Nave right now would be too obvious, and decide to wait until one of the others takes action.

Do a POWER dash and hit Eelzekiel right in this stupid face, looking to stun him. Try to untie the humans as he is stunned.

Alia, wanna make a bet? If I save these humans, you go to the movies with me.

(I had a mad crush on Alia when I was younger, so doing this just feels right lol)

(I ain't gonna judge, it makes sense to me.)

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! People's lives are at stake Alexander!"

Alia yells in frustration, feeling that Alex isn't taking the situation seriously.

"C'mon, It'll help give me motivation to do my best."

Alia sighs, before giving a slight chuckle in response.

"Okay, fine... but if you mess this up, so help me."

"Yes! All I wanted to hear!"

[5]: Excited from your wager with Alia, you spring from the back of the Nave flying straight towards Eelzekiel. You clench your fist tight, the air seeps deep into the compression gauntlet.

"What in the Doctor's name-?

The cathedral falls silent as you begin to release your fist! Eelzekiel must Roll to Dodge!

[5 for Alex/3 for Eelzekiel]:

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE THIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You crack Eelzekiel a punch right to his slimy face, in front of the massive audience. The air that had been compressed into the gauntlet releases all at once to expand the force of the blow, and sends the slippery priest flying into the wall behind him!

"Sorry Father, it seems you forgot that Mass was in session."

At the Maverick Hunter base, Alia is sitting in front of her monitor with her jaw agape in amazement.

"He went that far... just for a date... with me?"

Eelzekiel is left stunned for the remainder of the turn, as oil oozes from his nose. The action also scared away most of the cultists who were doing the ritual chant, causing them to flee.

"Wha... jus... happ...n... Do...docur?"

[4]: You proceed to untie the hostages from their crosses, and have them hide in the closest bathroom until the fight is over.

"Thank you so much!"

COMPLETED!
All players get a boost to their Maverick Hunter Rank, and Eelzekiel gains no health.

Eelzekiel is too stunned to move.

"Bu-but da... da... doc...ur...docuuuur...!"

Some of the cultists attempt to attack Alex!

[1]: They accidentally attack each other in their confusion and must roll to dodge!

[6 for Cultist A/3 for Cultist B]: The first group of cultists winds up blundering so hard that they kill the second group via stabbing them with spears.

========================================Ally Turn=========================================

The humans hide in the nearby bathroom.

Turn End
Present Day... Heh...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2022, 07:47:27 pm »

YES! Alright, now back to business. I must be a natural at this!

Rush Eelzekiel and try to finish him off before he comes back to his senses.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2022, 01:05:10 am »

"Sounds like shit's gone down in there."
Rush towards that Nave thing and try to find a metal candle stick to replace my broken bottle on the way, no matter what weapon I have when I get to the Nave I shall rush in and stab or beat that Eelzekiel guy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4