Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 09]  (Read 7436 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 06]
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2022, 08:54:01 am »

DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 07]
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2022, 08:10:04 pm »

Turn 07

The lights in the Nave flicker on and off, as the Mad Priest lies broken upon the pillars of his church. He stares at the one who put him in this position, but only for a moment.

Light begins to escape his eyes, fading into a filmy darkness as his reality seems to dissipate at a rapid rate. He fights to stay conscious, but he is losing that fight.

YES! Alright, now back to business. I must be a natural at this!

Rush Eelzekiel and try to finish him off before he comes back to his senses.

[2]: You decide to wait before attacking your semi-conscious foe, as he lies motionless on the floor. Maybe you think it a mercy to let him pass out first before the kill, or perhaps you think he's already dead.

"Y... youuuuu...."

Eelzekiel breathes heavily, his eyes glazed over, lifeless.

"Sounds like shit's gone down in there."
Rush towards that Nave thing and try to find a metal candle stick to replace my broken bottle on the way, no matter what weapon I have when I get to the Nave I shall rush in and stab or beat that Eelzekiel guy.

[2]: You decide to not rush towards the Nave, as you believe that that would result in you having to fight escaping cultists.

[4]: You look around the ritual bathroom you're in and happen to find a ritual spear weapon. The hilt isn't high tech, but the spearhead is made of a nanotech infused metal, allowing it to change shape at will. It could prove useful for a variety of functions.

"D...Doc...tor... Doctor... give me... the stren...gth..."

DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!

[2]: (Out of context, what is with all of these 2's? I think that punch last turn must've been so awesome that the RNG feels it has to compensate lol).

You decide to wait on an attack, seeing as Alex has decided to back down for the time being. You simply continue waiting in the air vent until Eelzekiel makes his move.

========================================Enemy Turn=========================================

"Rrgh... RGHHHH!!!!!"

Eelzekiel manages to pick himself up from the rubble, though he is still clearly winded. He looks straight at Alex, unbridled rage filling his heart as he finds his Church ruined, his flock having fled, and his sacrifices being freed.

"YOU."

He points, face contorted in fury and mania, directly at the heart of the reploid who had struck him right upon his face. Oil leaks from his maw and nostrils as he begins to glow with an eerie yellow light.

"I... I will tear you apart... FROM THE INSIDE OUT!!!!!"

He attempts to use his ability to attack Alexander!

[1]: But as he begins to do so, in his carelessness, he fails to notice the rubble behind him beginning to fall forward! As he turns around he only manages a split second to scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Exalted Eelzekiel must Roll to Dodge!

[5 for Rubble/6 for Eelzekiel]: He manages to use his ability to turn into a flash of light and bounce around the mirrors within the nave to move himself to the front of the stage. He huffs and puffs for a moment, knowing that had he not pulled off that move fast enough, he would surely have died.

"Damn you, vermin... You nearly cost me my life! I'll be sure to make you suffer for your heresy!

The Cultists attempt to guard the now teleported Eelzekiel.

[2]: However they are still so disoriented from everything that has happened that they can't ascertain his location.

========================================Ally Turn=========================================

The humans continue hiding in the bathroom.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Turn End
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2022, 08:47:25 pm »

AGAIN!!! DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2022, 01:08:51 am »

"Well look at this fancy spear, guess all I need now is a magic helmet to go with it."
Quickly rush towards the Nave and plow through the door.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2022, 05:56:46 am »

Go berserk and kill everything with POWER (except my teammates)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 08]
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2022, 11:17:04 am »

Turn 08

AGAIN!!! DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!

[3]: You drop from above and prepare to attack, but you're not sure who to go for first so you decide to pick... The Cultists! The Cultists must Roll to Dodge!

[3 for Paladin/5 for The Cultists]: You prepare to swing your sword down, but The Cultists take a quick notice of your attack and slash your chest with their spears, sending you falling to your back. Some oil and wires leak out from the cut as you writhe in pain. You have taken 1 Regular Hit, if you take 1 Critical Hit/1 Regular Hit/2 Minor Hits, you will be in Critical Condition.

"Ghhhh... That's not how that was supposed to go.

"Well look at this fancy spear, guess all I need now is a magic helmet to go with it."
Quickly rush towards the Nave and plow through the door.

[1]: You trip over yourself and begin to fall down... right on the tip of the spear you just found! You must roll to dodge!

[4 for Gravity/2 for King]: You stab yourself on the pike, and oil begins oozing out of abdomen. You grunt in pain as you fall to your knees, spear stuck in relatively deep. You have taken 1 Regular Hit, if you take 1 Critical Hit/1 Regular Hit/2 Minor Hits, you will be in Critical Condition.

"Aaaaaaagh!!!"

Go berserk and kill everything with POWER (except my teammates)

[5]: Upon looking at the bleeding body of Paladin, and hearing the laughs of the Cultists as they celebrate their minor victory, you find yourself filled with a sense of rage. Your POWER begins to flare up, as its golden glow begins to take a more crimson hue.

"Get. Away. From. Him."

The POWER begins to tear at the ground around you, and you suddenly charge your compression gauntlets deep with energy, charging massive spheres of energy in your hand.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!"

You throw the spheres of POWER energy at both the Cultists and Eelzekiel!

"YOU!!! YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU VIIIIIIIIILE MISCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTTTTTT!!!!!!!!"

They must Roll to Dodge!

[6 for POWER Blast/3 for Cultists]: The blast grows larger as it nears the Cultists, they freeze in terror as their bodies are swiftly evaporated by the sheer force of POWER!

"My flock... no..."

[4 for POWER Blast/2 for Eelzekiel]: Eelzekiel falls to his knees, as he stares down at the sphere of energy getting ever closer.

"My church... my flock... my life..."

His eyes well with grease-ridden tears, as he clasps his hands together, and looks to the ceiling.

"Was this... also by your will, Doctor?"

The blast engulfs Eelzekiel. His final thoughts are of the Doctor and his Second Coming. The soul will be doubled, the world will be at peace.

"Doctor... Av...en... ge...m...e...."

Suddenly, a purple static like mist flitters in the air, seeping its way towards Alexander.

"Oh no! It's the Maverick Virus! Alex, get out of there!"

You must Roll to Dodge the Maverick Virus infection!

[5]: Using your power, you blow the Virus away and it disintegrates, leaving no mark on you.

You finally calm down, and begin tending to Paladin's wounds. You did it... the Mission is over.

MISSION 01: COMPLETED

The Maverick, Exalted Eelzekiel, was obliterated by a POWER Blast by the Maverick Hunter, Alexander, with assistance from BlackPaladin and King Zultan.

However, not all was finished as you thought... one Cultist had hid in the wings of the stage and had finally started making his way with the gun he found to kill Alexander for the death of his beloved Preacher.

"You... YOU WORTHLESS ANIMAAAAAAAAAAL!!"

Alexander turns but has no time to react as the Cultist takes the shot... or it looked like they would have... but their head slides off cleanly as they collide into the ground.

Behind them stands a slim figure in a mechanical suit, they do not look like a Reploid however. The Cultist's head rolls to their feet.

"Worthless machines, all of you."

The person lifts their right foot, and proceeds to tightly hold the decapitated head of the Maverick underneath.

"Reploid, Maverick, Hunter... all of you should be..."

They grimace in rage, and raise their foot.

"SCRAPPED!"

They crush the head into a pile of wire and oil, staring directly at the Maverick Hunters. They walk closer to you, raising their blade before a voice echoes through their earpiece.

"THAT'S ENOUGH, REI!"

"Khh!"

It sounds like the voice of Dr. Abel, and he seems to be reprimanding this person.

"I know you hate Reploids, but those are your fellow Hunters! I will not allow you to harm them to fuel your rage."

This "Rei" person clenches their teeth for a moment, before settling into a deep frown, and sighing.

"Fine, then I'm done here Doctor. I'll be making my way back."

Rei pulls out what looks like a gun and fires it at the ceiling, it shoots a grapple that they use to swing and exit the building through a large painted window.

========================================================================================

Several hours later, the Maverick Hunter Cleanup arrives, and takes the injured Hunters and the rescued humans away from the Church. You all return to the Neo Tokyo Base.

Upon your return, a familiar face lifts the mood.

"I'm glad to see you all made it back, safe and sound."

Dr. Abel also enters the room, feeling jovial and proud.

"Kudos, Good Hunters, Kudos. That was an excellent performace out there, especially from you Alexander."

"Oh, thanks."

"I have your new rankings for your acts in the Mission."

Spoiler: Ranks (click to show/hide)

"Congratulations once again, and I hope you all get some rest. I best be getting back to my research, take care now."

Dr. Abel leaves, and Alia walks up to Alex, acting rather bashful.

"So... where do you want to go... for our date, I mean."

Event: Break & Mission Select

You have the next two turns to speak to characters, improve your equipment, enjoy some fun relaxing activities to take a break from fighting, and make a selection for which Maverick the group will hunt. The Maverick will be randomly selected from your suggestions.

Turn End
Present Day... Heh...

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2022, 02:13:38 pm »

Increase Melee Attack Power. 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2022, 02:24:12 am »

"God I suck at this stuff, stabbed myself with my own damn spear."
Look into getting a gun, doesn't even need to be a big one it could be .22LR or a nail gun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2022, 09:08:15 am »

Um, I was thinking….. we could maybe go get some ice cream and catch a movie after? Only if you want to though…. I’m sorry, my bravado only extends to my time in combat, love is a much more fierce war. But if you don’t want to see a movie, what would you prefer to do?

Min-Max. Get something to enhance my POWER. It’s all I’ll ever need.

(I like how specifying I’m using POWER has no mechanical difference, but the dice seem to love it regardless. It’s pretty integral to my character at this point anyways :lol)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Maverick Hunter 外伝 (Gaiden) - Mega Man X RTD [Turn 09]
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2022, 01:46:49 pm »

Turn 09

You have the next two turns to speak to characters, improve your equipment, enjoy some fun relaxing activities to take a break from fighting, and make a selection for which Maverick the group will hunt. The Maverick will be randomly selected from your suggestions.

Increase Melee Attack Power. 

[3]: You decide to go train in the hologram program room, and create a technique that allows you to combine your twin energy blades into a single large one to deal a larger blow on your opponents. You decide to name this new move the "Single Wave Strike".

"God I suck at this stuff, stabbed myself with my own damn spear."
Look into getting a gun, doesn't even need to be a big one it could be .22LR or a nail gun.

[1]: You head into the armory once again, but are moved out of the room by security.

"Look, we're sorry to do this, but the last time you were in here, you set off a Grenade Launcher and almost blew up the entire complex. You're not getting new weaponry from here, at least until you prove yourself with the next mission."

You sigh, disappointed. Luck seems to keep dealing you quite the bad hand. Even the narrator feels bad about it.

Um, I was thinking….. we could maybe go get some ice cream and catch a movie after? Only if you want to though…. I’m sorry, my bravado only extends to my time in combat, love is a much more fierce war. But if you don’t want to see a movie, what would you prefer to do?

Min-Max. Get something to enhance my POWER. It’s all I’ll ever need.

(I like how specifying I’m using POWER has no mechanical difference, but the dice seem to love it regardless. It’s pretty integral to my character at this point anyways :lol)

[3]:

"How about just the movie, I'm still going to be a bit busy with the paperwork for the Eelzekiel mission, but I've been very interested in seeing the new 'Ultra-Mega Man vs. Wilyman" movie, I hear they've ditched the CGI for practical effects this time, like the old days."

It appears the movies will suffice, and you'll go see them tomorrow, before the next Mission briefing.

"Yes!"

[1]: You attempt to go to the armory to get yourself an upgrade to your power, but it seems the guards are letting nobody in, despite you not causing a disturbance last time. At least you still have a date.

You have the next turn to speak to characters, improve your equipment, enjoy some fun relaxing activities to take a break from fighting, and make a selection for which Maverick the group will hunt. The Maverick will be randomly selected from your suggestions.

Turn End

Present Day... Heh...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2022, 12:54:03 am »

"God damn it all I did was touch that faulty thing and it went off, I never wanted anything from your crappy ass armory anyway!"
Go to a hardware store and buy a nail gun.

Also let us fight the dolphin!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2022, 05:33:04 pm »

increase melee attack accuracy

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2022, 07:23:23 pm »

(Cool! Was worried that this died, that would be a shame. I’m really enjoying it.)

Go find some POWER enhancers from some less then reputable sources. Fight whatever maverick that needs to be dealt with the most urgently.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2022, 08:07:56 pm »

Don’t die pls. I really liked this RTD :(

Now I will never marry robot best girl

Life sucks

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2022, 01:31:11 am »

I also hope this comes back, even if I don't know anything about the source material I enjoyed it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4