Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LegendsBrowser 2.0.4 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer) | DF 0.50.08  (Read 16304 times)

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a complete rewrite of my original version.

LegendsBrowser 2 is a multi-platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux), web-based legends viewer completely written from scratch in Go.
(supports loading of legends_plus.xml from DFHack)

Download: Windows, Mac OS or Linux
Project ist hosted on GitHub

Run the application by unzipping and double-clicking it
Your default browser should open (if not, navigate to http://localhost:58881)
Now can use the built-in file chooser to browse to your *-legends.xml
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:49:23 am by Karater »
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux

Very nice! Congrats for your work.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for your work ! I hope it will be compatible with next version(s) !

Rato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Program stopped working for me, I used it once or twice successfully but now it hits me with an error message on firefox upon reaching http://localhost:58881/load (so it does redirect to the loading).

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I don't think it's a cookie issue since I also tried it in incognito mode and internet explorer (You know you're desperate when you get to use internet explorer.), I also tried adding various exceptions to my Antivirus without success.

Does the program create files anywhere I could try to delete?

NotRexButCaesar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I have the same problem with reaching the page: on Chromium I get “This page isn’t working/localhost redirected you too many times./Try clearing your cookies./ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”, & on internet explorer I get “Cannot reach this page/Make sure the web address http://localhost:58881 is correct/Search for this site on Bing/Refresh the page More information/More information/There were too many redirections./Error Code: INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED”.

As in the above post, it worked the first two times I used it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:42:22 pm by NotRexButCaesar »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or hard-refreshing the page (Ctrl-Shift-R or Command-Shift-R in many browsers)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the same problem with reaching the page: on Chromium I get “This page isn’t working/localhost redirected you too many times./Try clearing your cookies./ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”, & on internet explorer I get “Cannot reach this page/Make sure the web address http://localhost:58881 is correct/Search for this site on Bing/Refresh the page More information/More information/There were too many redirections./Error Code: INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED”.

Can you try version 2.0.2? It should stop the infinite redirecting and show the underlying reason that caused the problem on the terminal. Can you send me the error message?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you try version 2.0.2? It should stop the infinite redirecting and show the underlying reason that caused the problem on the terminal. Can you send me the error message?

I have the same issue on the latest version of MacOS.

Also, there is no error message printed in terminal.

And whats interesting is that the issue seems to persist across multiple browsers. Even ones that were just freshly installed.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 11:28:07 am by dikbutdagrate »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the same issue on the latest version of MacOS.
What version (number) of LegendsBrowser are you using, though?

Does command-shift-R in your browser help?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

tonyrobots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm using version 2.0.2 and am having precisely the same problem -- too many redirects. I too have used it successfully twice, and now on the third time I'm getting this error. MacOS as well. No indication in the console of any issue.

opticaldisc

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Optical Disc
    • View Profile

This is so good.
I didn't even realize this version was out, I was still running the java version until just today.
This is just so much faster, it takes less resources running natively, and it has better support for browsers on my OS somehow.
Masterful work.
Optical Disc.

Ketsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saw there was a new version, tried running it, the executable runs but then :

Code: [Select]
Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:58881.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Can't connect with chrome either.
(On windows)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 06:21:45 am by Ketsa »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saw there was a new version, tried running it, the executable runs but then :

Code: [Select]
Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:58881.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Can't connect with chrome either.
(On windows)

After significant amounts of wrestling with 2.02, it has changed the error message on Chrome specifically.
Other browsers remain unchanged.

"This site can’t provide a secure connection localhost sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

Nevermind was using https instead of http.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 08:21:13 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm using version 2.0.2 and am having precisely the same problem -- too many redirects. I too have used it successfully twice, and now on the third time I'm getting this error. MacOS as well. No indication in the console of any issue.

I finally got around to fix this annoying bug. You can find the latest release 2.0.3 on github.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile

Anyone know what this error means on a player character looked up on LB?

template: hf.html:159:26: executing "content" at : error calling events: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: [1] 2