Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 19541 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 02:04:09 am »

Gunnar drives everyone closer so they can hit the orks with their swords. Or whatever weapons. Tactical Maneuvering, aiming roughly to the 12:35 heading.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 02:19:22 am »

Also, I see mentions in the book of 'long range' 'extreme range' etc, but I can't find where that's defined.  What are the range categories?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 02:25:51 am »

Also, I see mentions in the book of 'long range' 'extreme range' etc, but I can't find where that's defined.  What are the range categories?
pp253-5
Short range is ≤˝× the weapon's range value; long is 2 to 3×; extreme is ≥3×. Nothing can fire beyond 4× (this fact is listed elsewhere).

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 03:14:17 am »

Okay, thank you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 12:30:26 pm »

Bahzil takes aim, with a full action, ‘cause everything is awfully far away for the moment.

Rather than using the heavy firepower of the Chimera, Bahzil brings his personal firepower to bare. Or at least prepares to by carefully aiming. Alrin follows suit poking his gun through the slot next to him.

"The greenskins may only take our bodies. So long as our souls are secure we need worry for nothing."

By the tone of his voice it was clear he was very worried about something.

Gunnar drives everyone closer so they can hit the orks with their swords. Or whatever weapons. Tactical Maneuvering, aiming roughly to the 12:35 heading.

(Just for the record you can probably hit someone with a sword from the hatch slot if they're close enough. If anyone wants to do that.)

Lurching forward across the burnt field, the Chimera is now closer to the trenches. Now that it is moving anyone trying to hit anything is going to have a harder time, but at the same time having a closer target will probably end up helping in the long run.

Spoiler: New Bearings (click to show/hide)

From the trench the heavy stubber bursts to life at the closest Ork, the one charging at them with an axe. Despite their much closer range their results are the same as the gatling laser: A series of unfortunate misses that seem only to encourage the greenskin.

With a clearly limited range, the Flamer PDF goes into overwatch. His finger twitches over the trigger ready to incinerate the creature as soon as it gets close enough to taste his flames.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 03:03:52 pm »

Grab the Stubber and suppress the rokkiteer, being the only ork around with a weapon rated to really hurt us.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 03:46:29 pm »

Grab the Stubber and suppress the rokkiteer, being the only ork around with a weapon rated to really hurt us.

This Ork makes the rather un-orklike move to hide behind the nearby trees as lead flies around him. He is successfully pinned and spends the next few seconds scrambling to find a tree big enough to hid his massive body.

Meanwhile the most ork-like ork continues rushing the trench at full speed. In fact all the rest of the Orks run directly toward the trench in a very ork-like manner. It will be very difficult to actually hit them from your moving vehicle while they're also running.

Axe Ork is now in Flamer PDF's killzone. He lets out a jet of flame at the screaming ork, which said ork continues running straight through. He emerges from the other side singed by the flames but clearly as unworried about this attack as the others. Flamer PDF panics as his pilot light goes out and his weapon jams. He pulls out a combat knife clearly not liking his odds of survival.

Spoiler: New Bearings (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 04:38:28 pm »

"Gill, you like shooting things, why don't you grab the last gun and pretend the enemy are poor people, or something?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 04:46:11 pm »

"Gill, you like shooting things, why don't you grab the last gun and pretend the enemy are poor people, or something?"

Gill looks at you incredulously.

"I don't know how to use heavy weapons. Carrying heavy things is for poor people. Rich people carry around as many pistols as possible."

((You have to spend 250 EXP to unlock the Gunner Order for your comrade.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2022, 04:59:41 pm »

Try to supress the axe-orc!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 05:05:31 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2022, 05:07:54 pm »

Shoot at the axe-orc again!

((You can't actually hit them with all your combined penalties.

-20 for Ork Running, -20 for Chimera running, -10 for Full Auto [Weapon is full auto only]. Continue?))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2022, 05:25:56 pm »

Edited to a pinning attempt, which if I read it correctly, doesn't matter if it hits or misses.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2022, 05:49:23 pm »

With a quick burst from the Chimera's main gun, the Orks streak of Orkish behavior ends with a sudden realization of his own mortality. Axe ork is pinned.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2022, 08:02:03 pm »

Bahzil

Mutters something to himself about his colleagues, fishes, and barrels, before glancing at Alrin.

I hope you’re paying attention.

Use Prescience unfettered to give myself and the two PCs on the big guns a +4 to their ballistic and weapons skills. (Bearing in mind the +10 I have for Psyniscience and +10 for my psy focus. It has a 6m range and costs a half action, with a +0 Psyniscience test, and costs a half action to sustain it for future turns.)

If I have enough actions left, shoot the axe ork
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 08:26:02 pm »

Bahzil

Mutters something to himself about his colleagues, fishes, and barrels, before glancing at Alrin.

I hope you’re paying attention.

Use Prescience unfettered to give myself and the two PCs on the big guns a +4 to their ballistic and weapons skills. (Bearing in mind the +10 I have for Psyniscience and +10 for my psy focus. It has a 6m range and costs a half action, with a +0 Psyniscience test, and costs a half action to sustain it for future turns.)

If I have enough actions left, shoot the axe ork

((Shooting and Prescience are both half actions so you can do both, but you have to shoot first to keep the Aim bonus.))

Alrin follows suit turning your lasgun blast into a volley. Unfortunately your careful aim is not able to overcome the challenge of both you and the object you're shooting at are swiftly moving over unstable ground.

Your eyes glow subtly as your head is filled with visions from the warp. Death and destruction, from the point of view of both the killer and the killed, from the battlefield and well beyond. Some are clearly of the near future - such as Orks getting blasted by your Chimera. You focus on these and will direct your comrade's aim to insure they come true.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37