Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 20003 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2022, 11:49:08 am »

"The point was to decide who gets to choose what to watch though. If you all don't mind watching the same thing, sure, one bullet each for admission is fine. Just pick who gets to be in charge, and don't complain if whoever it is likes something weird unless you want to outbid him!"

There is more murmuring, and the apparent spokesperson speaks up.

"Depends. What you got on that thing?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2022, 12:56:48 pm »

"Oh, thanks."
"You are welcome. I hope that thing comes in handy."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 26, 2022, 03:36:23 pm »

There is more murmuring, and the apparent spokesperson speaks up.

"Depends. What you got on that thing?"
"All the best works salvaged from the legendary Library of Grace. Let me think for a moment about what might pique your interest...
...have any of you ever heard of The Brave Little Toaster?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 26, 2022, 03:56:19 pm »

"All the best works salvaged from the legendary Library of Grace. Let me think for a moment about what might pique your interest...
...have any of you ever heard of The Brave Little Toaster?"

Their silence tells you they have not.

"...Half a bullet each"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 26, 2022, 04:17:34 pm »

Their silence tells you they have not.

"...Half a bullet each"
"You know what, sure. I'm not even supposed to be shooting at things, since I'm the driver. But you have to pay in whole bullets so everyone pair up with a friend and/or lover."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 26, 2022, 04:38:30 pm »

"You know what, sure. I'm not even supposed to be shooting at things, since I'm the driver. But you have to pay in whole bullets so everyone pair up with a friend and/or lover."

A group of gamblers breaks off to watch the movie in a back corner of the bunker, after some more mumbling and minor trading. Gill pulls some sheets off of the bunker's bunk beds and hangs them from the ceiling, making a closed-off corner cinema. You play the movie on the tablet and collect 12 and 1/2 sniper rifle bullets! As the hour is up you go forth to collect your dataslate. Nobody seems particularly eager to have a second hour with it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 26, 2022, 11:59:54 pm »

Gunnar, trying hard not to show his disappointment in the lack of film appreciation, looks through what remains of the Library of Grace to try to find something more tempting for next time, with particular emphasis on anything that originally belonged to either of the double-As.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2022, 12:03:00 pm »

Gunnar, trying hard not to show his disappointment in the lack of film appreciation, looks through what remains of the Library of Grace to try to find something more tempting for next time, with particular emphasis on anything that originally belonged to either of the double-As.

You find )Order of the Red Lamp, ARIA, and Hidan No Aria AA. You are pretty sure the last one actually belongs to Gill. The former two would either be massive smash hits or cause a lynch mob to burn everything associated with them depending how cultured the viewers are.

Your squad has spent some time waiting in long lines or gambling, but have a few hours left before deployment. Many other soldiers have chosen to spend this time sleeping. From what the rumors say this planet has a heretical 36 hour day and 36 hour night, depending on the will of the Prince you could be looking at a literally long night. And this is likely many soldier's last chance to sleep in a comfy bed indoors without waking up to keep an eye out for Ork attacks.

As you return to your Chimera you find it is being worked on by an engineseer and his servitor. This is hardly surprising, barring some strange expectations of how repairs work. What is perhaps unexpected is that the enginseer has a full kit nearby. Unless your standard issue sleeping bag has some unheard of repairing properties, it looks like he is set to deploy with your squad. 

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2022, 03:32:17 pm »

"Ah, hello!  you guys must be the squad i was reassigned to!  i am Thale, and this is "Jimmy", my Servitor.  anyways, i was just making sure the machine spirit was okay before we go into another round of combat.  what are your names?" Thale shakes any offered hands, and he then returns to working on the Chimera. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2022, 03:50:43 pm »

Bahzil allows Alrin to make the introductions, it usually makes it easier for everyone involved.

Afterward he shakes Thale’s hand if still offered.

Glad to have you aboard. Alrin thinks I’m cursed and that’s why the machine spirits rebelled against us on our last sortie. Hopefully you can keep them in check, Thale.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 27, 2022, 04:23:56 pm »

"hmm." Thale gives him a quick once-over.  "you don't seem lie anything is wrong.  which spirits acted up last time?"
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 27, 2022, 04:54:45 pm »

He holds out his lascarbine.

This one for sure. I think some of our comrades also had incidents, both within and without the chimera.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 27, 2022, 09:36:43 pm »

Bahzil allows Alrin to make the introductions, it usually makes it easier for everyone involved.

Afterward he shakes Thale’s hand if still offered.

Glad to have you aboard. Alrin thinks I’m cursed and that’s why the machine spirits rebelled against us on our last sortie. Hopefully you can keep them in check, Thale.

Alrin makes the introductions.

"I'm Sir Alrin, this is Sir Bahzil. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He performs a small bow with the greeting, either because that is traditional on his planet or because the tech priest's hands are covered in mechanical gunk.

Jimmy bows back.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2022, 06:05:18 pm »

He holds out his lascarbine.

This one for sure. I think some of our comrades also had incidents, both within and without the chimera.

“Hmm... this is a TI-666A model.  Their machine spirits tend to be rather... prissy, to put it nicely.  But sometimes they cooperate.  Sometimes.”

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2022, 11:22:16 pm »

Apparently Gill convinced everyone else that it would be fun to haze the Admech by pretending they don't exist, so nobody else introduced themselves. How cruel.

As the allotted time draws near the regiment is called back into action with a combination of trumpets and vox calls. Keeping up with the hurry-up-and-wait culture of every military known to man, once you arrive you hop into your Chimera and wait for further orders. It is a bit more crowded with a new man, new machine, and new drum of acid, but you still have extra legroom even with your full gear nearby. The sun sets a brilliant orange.

Finally whatever was delaying you was settled and you are ordered to equip your night vision gear and get into formation by vox. Your squad will be leading in a wedge with Chevalier and Gallant on either side. Behind you the rest of the regiment will follow in column formation 600 meters back. Communication is to be by vox (as the Ork seem completely unable to intercept communications there is no pressing reason not to). If you are attacked, the standing order is to suppress the enemies until the main force maneuvers in to destroy them. You receive a heroes sendoff which was mostly red people confusedly cheering in your general direction in the dark.

You will not have any local support for some time, as the locals lack both your mobility and night vision capabilities. You don't expect to have any artillery support (not that any of you use it anyway) until they catch up.

As the center of the wedge, you mostly end up driving in line with the railroad. The jungle was cut back neatly at some point in the not-too-distant past, but new growth is already starting to approach the railway as humanity has been too busy to keep it in check. You occasionally see the heat-outlines of jungle creatures that rush away from your aggressive engine noises. Fortunately this isn't a death world and no creature seems to be anywhere near powerful enough to take on a Chimera. Unfortunately some of these creatures are birds that may give your position away if Orks are anywhere near smart enough to know what birds flying in mass meant. Which is an open question.

After some time your jungle crews simply becomes boring. You travel in a more-or-less straight line in a dark field waiting for something to happen. It is difficult to avoid falling asleep in these situations, Gill napping after the first hour. Alrin is nearly there, despite his best attempts at avoiding it, after the second. After the fifth it is Havir who notices something in the distance. Bright red lights starting in the center of the railroad and going to the jungle on either side. They're apparently static - possibly an Ork fort of some kind?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37