Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)  (Read 31221 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)
« on: May 27, 2022, 10:12:31 am »

Credits to Zerendia for the design of the Crests: https://www.minds.com/zerendia/

Quick rules reminder:

1. Keep non-IC stuff in the OoC thread. Otherwise you'll get a disappointed headshake from Dunas and it will feel very embarrassing for you.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
"Colored normal text for spoken words!"
Colored italized text for thoughts.
*Colored text that is small and/or between asterisks for whispering*
Normal text for general descriptions.
Bolded text for mechanical actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Player actions -> GM resolves -> Player actions -> GM resolves -> Repeat pattern until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts and resolves Ally Phase, followed by Enemy Phase -> New turn map -> New round, repeat above
If posted actions need to be resolved first before you want to plan your action, ask in the OoC thread or on the Discord server.

4. Activity is key! You don't have to make eloquent RP posts all the time (or even have to RP, especially during combat), but try to post your action within a reasonable time. To keep the flow going, during combat, each turn enters a "Megapost" state if there are still unresolved actions after roughly a week (exact date will be posted on the FEF Discord server in the dedicated game channel's description). During a Megapost, all players are allowed to make actions for the remaining players who haven't posted an action yet. However, it would be polite to ask the respective players beforehand if they still want to write an action themselves, to give them a chance.

5. If you feel like you cannot participate for an extended period of time, there's no shame in informing the GM and players about it. Common solutions to that would be to let a player write actions for your character if the non-participation is temporary, or make the character leave the game if the non-participation will be permanent.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 10:19:59 am »

Prologue A
A Gentle Wind

The rising sun peeks over the tiny peaks of Caranbough Hills, tinting the area in an orange-ish hue. The song of birds emerges from the trees of a nearby forest, soon to be disturbed by the trampling of two small groups of horses, with both groups approaching each other, each group having a rider dedicated to hold a banner high, topped by a white flag. One banner shows the Kingdom of Dunland, the other the Kingdom of Westwind. Both groups are spearheaded by their respective monarch, accompanied by a minimum presence of guardsmen.

Finally, the two groups slow down and come to a halt, keeping a respectable distance, yet close enough to not force shouting to be understood. The gaze of King Greoger Alfalm of Dunland is strained, cold, exhausted. Time did not pass mercifully for him. Meanwhile, the gaze of King Alwen Talos of Westwind was stern, stoic, yet the corners of his eyes betray his stone-like façade.

"... King Alfalm of Dunland. Once, we stood side by side. Was it thirty years ago? Thirty-five? And today, it is the first time I see your battle armanent from the front, with a face devoid of splendor."
"Alwen. As an old friend and a former battlebrother, I will forgive and forget your insult, but only once. We are here as enemies, not as two old fools to reminisce darker-yet-golden days of our youths. Yet, don’t forget whom you are speaking to, for I managed to rid the continent of most of the Darkspawn."
"That you did, Hero of Light. Without you, my nation would be lost to the tides of darkness, and you have my eternal gratitude for that."
"If you were truly grateful, surrender had always been an option."
"With all due respect, Greoger, I cannot do that. The fate of Wyrmpeak and the Mamkute is as much of importance to Westwind as it is to Dunland. Maybe even more so."
"You accuse Dunland to be less caring of their neighbors than Westwind. I have forgiven one insult, Alwen. I will not forgive a second one."
"Forgive a king’s passion, old friend. I spoke out of line. Yet, it would be foolish to let only one nation take control of all Dragonstones in the absense of the Mamkute, it would upset the balance carefully designed by the Chosen, our ancestors that freed us all. Give us half, and no blood has to flow today. You may keep the land. Please, spare some time to think about..."

In response, King Alfalm bites his thumb at the other king. Even with their faces covered, it is easy to see that the guardsmen on both sides are sweating and swallowing in anxiety.

"Since you uttered a second insult, this answer to your proposal is only fair."
"... I can see that the Hero of Light is truly dead. Our armies shall soon meet, King Alfalm of Dunland."

Both groups divide, each returning towards where they came from. Both kings darken their visage as they think of the ensuing final battle.

Prologue B
The Gust of Battle

The Dunlandic encampment near Caranbough Hills. Six beings, armored and battle-ready, stand around a map of the region, looking at and shifting around stones, coins and playing cards placed on it, in their minds maneuvering various troops in a potential iteration of the upcoming battle.

"There is little room for error when maneuvering these hills. Steady ground must be achieved before we can bring hell on those Westwind wyverns."

Lady Vigrid of Dunland, of Minor Charos, representing the troops from the Duchy of Felworn along the northern Dunlandic coast. A large number of archers and other ballistic units are also in her charge.

"The same goes for their archers though. My men know how to ascend faster than any arrow can be nocked, we can achieve aerial superiority from the flanks easily from our hiding spots."

Sir Jernigan of Dunland, of Minor Cuthel, a renowned Wyvern Knight leading the Red Wings of Dunland, the only division of Wyvern Riders within Dunland that is permanent. He not only commands the Red Wings in this war, but also the reserves of both Wyvern and Pegasus Riders.

"So yer say, Jern, but dem forest’s shady. Give ’em green an’ brown cloaks and dem tomeys gonna be impossible ta see, gonna blast ye away before ye can blink."

Sir Worden of Dunland, of Minor Charos, representing the troops from the Duchy of Angbar, east of Central Dunland where the king resides. His dialect and general looks deceive his cunning mind and he is additionally responsible for fielding most tome-users.

"I shall handle the forest. A spy reported a supply camp nearby and if we make our sabotage noisy enough, it will distract any potential mages in the woods for long enough that their attention will be divided trying to search for me, Sir Jernigan. Dunland will control the air space today."

Sir Dunas of Dunland, of no Blood, personally chosen by the king for special operations during the war. For that reason, his official designation as being in charge of infantry is more a technicality to confuse potential enemy spies not doing their homework properly.

"Excellent. So that’s why you picked up that ragtag bunch, small numbers mean perfect mobility. In that case, my men will perform the most gruesome fights at the front to mask your movements, Sir Dunas. Do not let their honorable sacrifice be in vain."

Sir Dulosta of Dunland, of no Blood, representing the young Duchy of Lestern situated in the northeastern peninsula. His reputation as a fearsome combatant whose bloodlust is only surpassed by his success is known even alongside other nations despite only having been knighted recently, having been a loyal soldier of Lestern before since the Duchy had been formed in the late 260s.

"Hrmpf. Listen to those bloodless dogs buddying it up. Then again, takes two of you to come even close to the prowess of a true knight! I’ll give Westwind a reason to fear the blood of Charos and my front will be far more victorious than yours, Lestern whelp! Heh, who knows, I feel like I could best even the Scarlet Knight today!"

Sir Thrum of Dunland, of Minor Charos, representing the Duchy of Thavios in southwest Dunland. A gloryhound, but if one would put their money where his mouth is, it would be a safe bet, for Sir Thrum can back up his confidence with his axe. The man who is actually in charge of the infantry officially assigned to Sir Dunas, and sharing cavarly duties with Sir Dulosta.

Together, they are the Six Knights, united in their cause even if five of them are currently rolling their eyes after Sir Thrum’s comment.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:32:45 am by SirAston »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 10:20:45 am »

Prologue C
Eye of the Storm

A small troop, counting eleven people, slowly moves through treacherous paths in the hills, barely managing to walk through these safely. For any proper combat division, those paths would be their doom. For Dunas’ division, it is the perfect approach.

In the distance, first clashes can be heard. The Battle for Caranbough Hills has begun. To bring it to a decisive conclusion with minimal losses, this small troop has the greatest burden of them all, to sabotage a Westwind supply camp. A camp that seems well-fortified. However, it is obvious that the Westwind soldiers are strangers to these lands, and some spots have been neglected due to that lack of wisdom and experience. Weakspots exploitable for someone who knows how to move through these hills without being detected.

"You do good work here, Rork. It won’t be long until we’ll reach the camp."

//Everyone may post now

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 06:02:00 pm »

It is obvious based on her expression alone that Lulu is not having a fun time. Nor does she having the training/stamina for a hike such as this. "Ugh! Was this stupid path really the best way? huff puff I DID NOT sigh up for a mountain hike!" The performer groans, "My legs are gonna melt before we even get there!"

MusicMagician

• Bay Watcher
  • ヒトリダケナンテエラベナイヨー! (I can't just choose one)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 07:29:54 pm »

The magic user sighed, considering that she haven't ever crossed this place. Given that she clearly didn't take this route from the opposite way from where the last stop was. However, seeing this place for the first time is still a discovery, and knowledge to take notes of.
"Going through this way seems dangerous... I-It's unusual to see anyone, let alone from the militia, get through this place. I shall memorize it."

This might haven't needed to happen if I stayed at home, but... I believe this is for a greater purpose...
Always take time to leave your passion behind for a greater happiness. Don't hide it and lie about it.
I'm sorry if I can't hold my promise because of my internal paranoia. I'd still be open if anyone really cares...
I don't know, what am I would be thinking if I'm isolated from the entire outer world? I definitely wouldn't imagine to be that kind of person. Somebody have to help my mind about this!
What it takes to be an idol?

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 01:22:24 am »

The woman in red and black cloth walked in a slow, but steady pace. What need was there to be the first, when all that mattered was that you arrived at all?
"You got to see the bright side of things, if we struggle with this, then how much will our enemies? But i agree that it is but a tedious task"

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 04:03:03 am »

Eiriol was happily walking along with the group paying more attention to things like butterflies and birds flying around then the others. At least she was until Lulu made herself noticeable again.

"Why not ask if someone would carry you then. Though it might be hard to fight if they are...unless you let them throw you at people that could work. You look like you are light enough some of us could throw you at the enemies." She said smiling brightly obviously proud of the idea she had.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 04:38:26 am by rustytengo »

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 04:56:11 am »

The man leading the group through the woods looks back at the misfits behind him, a grim look on his face as he surveys their progress. While Dunas trusted him to lead the way through here, he hadn't expected the group to be so... Noisy. Or colorful, as their attire and even their hair could easily give them away. He stifled the complaints and went back to work, muttering under his breath a moment before answering his new liege lord.

"Aye but I'd be careful, your Lordship. We'll get there fine, but we'd best be quick if we want to get out alive. Don't take much to follow screaming in the woods."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 06:23:28 am »

"What Rork said. Of course it's long and dangerous, it's a damned combat mission. Now stuff it before I do it for you." Rhian did her best to keep her volume down in her irritation, lest she prove herself a hypocrite. "I swear, one of you idiots is going to die. . ." Further anger was vented under her breath, quickly becoming unintelligible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 03:10:54 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 10:09:31 am »

There's an odd spring to Tanja's step as she bounded along after the others, the maiden warrior seeming in her element despite her ostentatious dress.
: "Oh where's your sense of wonder Rhian? This is more than a mere 'combat mission'. Our success here could turn the tide of battle, and end this war once and for all.."
: "This could be the stuff of legends Lu, so try and keep that chin up. You wouldn't want the bards to call you 'Lulu the unready' when they recount this one wouldn't you?."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 10:40:14 am »

Artair Brand marches behind as quiet as she can in her cloth armor, sword at her hip and hand nearby ready to draw.

"This is just the first bit of combat we'll see, there are more battles to come."

"So long as we work together, we should all come out of this Rhian. We do have a healer with us, and Sir Dunas has supplied us with Vulnerary."

This should be easy at least. A good first step, I've trained for this. I just have to keep focused on our goal and keep everyone alive.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 10:47:15 am by TricMagic »

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 11:23:03 am »

"You got to see the bright side of things, if we struggle with this, then how much will our enemies? But i agree that it is but a tedious task"

"Our enemies won't even need to lift a finger if I collapse as soon as I make it too this battle."

"What Rork said. Of course it's long and dangerous, it's a damned combat mission. Now stuff it before I do it before you." Rhian did her best to keep her volume down in her irritation, lest she prove herself a hypocrite. "I swear, one of you idiots is going to die. . ." Further anger was vented under her breath, quickly becoming unintelligible.

"Easy for you to say miss 'walks around in my shiny red armor'! I'm already dying over here with just my normal clothing." Well, normal may not be exactly correct. He magician get up is definitely too flashy too be normal. It was made of cloth though, so it was more normal in that regard.

: "This could be the stuff of legends Lu, so try and keep that chin up. You wouldn't want the bards to call you 'Lulu the unready' when they recount this one wouldn't you?."

"They'd sooner call this dumb hill 'Lulusbane' because it's certainly feeling like it!"

"Why not ask if someone would carry you then. Though it might be hard to fight if they are...unless you let them throw you at people that could work. You look like you are light enough some of us could throw you at the enemies."

"That's... actually a great idea Eiriol!" She claps her hands together. "Lord Duuunnaaasssss! Your horse looks like it has room for one more person! As the big strong and capable leader of our group, you should be a pillar for us to lean on! Come ooooon! You don't want the bards calling you 'Sir Dunas the Horse Hogger' now would you?" Maybe this will cease the seemingly endless whining from the girl.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 03:14:40 pm »

There's an odd spring to Tanja's step as she bounded along after the others, the maiden warrior seeming in her element despite her ostentatious dress.
: "Oh where's your sense of wonder Rhian? This is more than a mere 'combat mission'. Our success here could turn the tide of battle, and end this war once and for all.."
"It's just a battle. Keep your head on your shoulders."
Artair Brand marches behind as quiet as she can in her cloth armor, sword at her hip and hand nearby ready to draw.

"So long as we work together, we should all come out of this Rhian. We do have a healer with us, and Sir Dunas has supplied us with Vulnerary."

"You're a lot more confident in the competency of this lot than I am. Look at that." She flung an annoyed arm at Lulu's continued whining, something that certainly wasn't going to help them stay hidden. "Didn't specify who would kill them, either," Rhian grumped.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

MusicMagician

• Bay Watcher
  • ヒトリダケナンテエラベナイヨー! (I can't just choose one)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2022, 06:05:21 pm »

"You're right... if they knew they wouldn't take the risks of losses from here, t-they wouldn't expect us to come from this way. T-this actually... makes a good ambush plan."
She nods with confirmation. Her uncertainty from the face loosened slightly, into a subtle smug smile, at the word "ambush".
Always take time to leave your passion behind for a greater happiness. Don't hide it and lie about it.
I'm sorry if I can't hold my promise because of my internal paranoia. I'd still be open if anyone really cares...
I don't know, what am I would be thinking if I'm isolated from the entire outer world? I definitely wouldn't imagine to be that kind of person. Somebody have to help my mind about this!
What it takes to be an idol?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2022, 05:43:58 am »

Emilia quietly rides behind Tanja and Rhian, quietly adjusting her staff.
"Take this fight seriously, you two. This is important, yes. But we can't forget ourselves. That goes for the rest of you."
Her staff was her spear, a symbol of her station. The Maiden Warriors were peacekeepers, the shields and the swords of the innocent. For that reason, they healed with the same weapons they fought with; a reminder of what their role in the larger scale of things was.
"Rhian, it will do you no good to focus on our allies. Deep breaths."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42