Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)  (Read 31242 times)

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2022, 06:58:24 am »

"That's... actually a great idea Eiriol!" She claps her hands together. "Lord Duuunnaaasssss! Your horse looks like it has room for one more person! As the big strong and capable leader of our group, you should be a pillar for us to lean on! Come ooooon! You don't want the bards calling you 'Sir Dunas the Horse Hogger' now would you?" Maybe this will cease the seemingly endless whining from the girl.

"You. Girl. Shut up or we're walking into an ambush and we die. If you want to die so bad I'll let you go in first."

Rork says. His voice is a hiss that reaches just far enough to reprimand the whining woman, but hopefully not far enough to let their enemy know where they are. Forget noisy, Lulu's yapping alone would let the entire enemy army know of their plan, and there'd hardly be any point to this raid if they gave it away so soon. Hoping that the magic users supposedly occupying the woods were deaf, or drunk, Rork went back to pathfinding for Dunas' small battle group.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2022, 08:22:47 pm »

: "Oh where's your sense of wonder Rhian? This is more than a mere 'combat mission'. Our success here could turn the tide of battle, and end this war once and for all.."
"It is a mere combat mission. Yes, our success could turn the tide of battle, but that goes for everyone in the Dunlandic army. The only difference between me and the rest of the Six Knights is that I don't expect anyone in my care to die today..."

"You're a lot more confident in the competency of this lot than I am. Look at that."
"I have confidence in 'this lot's' competency. After all, I've chosen all of you. If you doubt my ability to organize special operations, surely you can find the way back on your own."

"Lord Duuunnaaasssss! Your horse looks like it has room for one more person! As the big strong and capable leader of our group, you should be a pillar for us to lean on! Come ooooon! You don't want the bards calling you 'Sir Dunas the Horse Hogger' now would you?"
Dunas responds in a hushed tone.

"Rather be called 'Sir Dunas the Horse Hogger' than 'Sir Dunas the Fool Who Put Someone Ill-Dressed For Stealth In The Woods Into A More Visible Spot By Letting Her Mount A Horse, Thus Risking Everybody's Lives'. Now be quiet, you can sit down when we arrive and observe the camp."

His gaze then returns towards the front, where a tight path barely-visible through the forest foliage leads up a hill again, the sounds of carts, armored guards and supplies moving originating from the other side of that hill. Following that path reveals a small spot ideal for hiding while providing adequate conditions to spy on the supply camp from above. As reported to Dunas by the spy, the front of the camp is guarded, but the rear is lacking, seemingly relying a lot on the natural defenses the hill provides.

"Hmmm... I see a backdoor, a possible entrance to exploit. Materials are stored rather centrally, so a few precise strikes should already suffice for completing our mission. Filled with soldiers though, that is... Wait, something's coming!"

A single transport wagon arrives at the camp's gate. Three wagons that were close by departed in response.

"Guard change, but such an unequal exchange. Well, a lighter group would be to our advantage, so..."

Dunas continues observing the arriving wagon, now unloading. A good handful of varied soldiers, as to be expected, but the moment a certain man exited, Dunas' verbal report stops and gets stuck in his throat as he heavily swallows.
Said man adresses his men in a mighty voice.

"Do not let your guard down just because the battlefronts have solidified! Dunlandic people are an opportunistic bunch, if they smell the smallest hint of weakness, they'll exploit it. Heck, they might even observe us at this very moment! But do not fear, for I am here!"

Dunas ducks down from his observation spot, adressing his group directly.

"I expected him to be at the front, but... He is here instead... The Scarlet Knight, Valentio..."

Those with even remote understanding of Westwind's military have heard of the Scarlet Knight's exploits during the War for Wyrmpeak. His fighting prowess is nigh-inhuman, having survived multiple one-versus-many situations and emerging victorious from each of them. He is also known as a blossoming tactician when it comes to infantry, with his trademark being swift changes in formations to hold defensive positions where lesser commanders would have become overwhelmed.
In other words, he is an adversary Dunas did not want to meet.

"... Whatever will happen... Do not engage him at any cost."

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 10:33:30 pm »

Eiriol moved up next to Dunas to look over the camp as well.
"Oh, so no rest for Lulu then?" she said tilting her head then "If they brought someone fancy like that here maybe they have something more to hide here...or you spy is a bad spy." she said as she looked over towards the man Dunas was talking about  "Oh, hey Rhian his armor looks a bit like yours do you know him?" she asked smiling.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 06:02:50 am by rustytengo »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2022, 10:46:18 pm »

Sverrand is taciturn as always while the rest of the group goes about their conversation. None of it really mattered except for what Dunas was saying. Just boasting, whinging and empty threats from petty little people, all barely below normal speaking volume. They just didn't understand the gravity of what was at stake here, it seemed. Some soldiers they were.

"I expected him to be at the front, but... He is here instead... The Scarlet Knight, Valentio..."

"Understood," he says. His first word in quite some time; since they'd arrived for their mission, in fact.

Sverrand held firm confidence in his own ability (what good is a soldier who doesn't think he can do his job?), but he still knew the Scarlet Knight was not an opponent that could be fought head on, and needed no convicing to avoid the man.
Black lives matter.

MusicMagician

• Bay Watcher
  • ヒトリダケナンテエラベナイヨー! (I can't just choose one)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2022, 01:40:12 am »

She cleared her throat while trying to make as little noise as said, and said in a low voice. "They won't hear you as long as you don't try to shout or scream loudly, intentionally or not. Not that it's not difficult for me to not grab attention unless I'm talking up too close..."

*With a foe as terrifying and dangerous as him, if we're caught... e-every single of us will be definitely d-d-dead. This isn't even a plan to ambush, we might need to escape, and as stealthily as possible.*[/color] That's what she's whispered to Sir Dunas.

Now, she knew that Lulu's been complaining from the beginning of the mission, already... Oriana just didn't had time to try to talk to her. She however did hear the self-proclaimed "Magnificient Magician" being talked about... She tried to keep her distance, hopefully to not give a misleading impression of trying to silence the latter.
*Excuse me. O-only one thing I want to say that if we're too noisy, t-the e-enemy will have caught us all, and... w-want us dead. And they're strong. Sir Dunas's division shouldn't get wiped today, because our presence is important for this war. Even if I admit I didn't want to be part of this initially.*[/color]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 11:18:34 am by MusicMagician »
Always take time to leave your passion behind for a greater happiness. Don't hide it and lie about it.
I'm sorry if I can't hold my promise because of my internal paranoia. I'd still be open if anyone really cares...
I don't know, what am I would be thinking if I'm isolated from the entire outer world? I definitely wouldn't imagine to be that kind of person. Somebody have to help my mind about this!
What it takes to be an idol?

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2022, 04:59:12 am »

Emilia quietly rides behind Tanja and Rhian, quietly adjusting her staff.
"Take this fight seriously, you two. This is important, yes. But we can't forget ourselves. That goes for the rest of you."
: "Of course I am Emilia, more seriously than you might think."
She quietens down as the group makes their approach, keeping her head down as she surveys the area the best she can.

Those with even remote understanding of Westwind's military have heard of the Scarlet Knight's exploits during the War for Wyrmpeak. His fighting prowess is nigh-inhuman, having survived multiple one-versus-many situations and emerging victorious from each of them. He is also known as a blossoming tactician when it comes to infantry, with his trademark being swift changes in formations to hold defensive positions where lesser commanders would have become overwhelmed.
In other words, he is an adversary Dunas did not want to meet.

: "The Scarlet Knight huh? Well this just became a lot more interesting."
: "I wonder what he's doing all the way over here...."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2022, 05:44:06 am »

Rork stared over the camp, almost missing the arrival of the scarlet knight as he instead focused on where the supplies were concentrated. Years of experience raiding camps just like this helped him determine that the supplies were far too spread out, and far too heavy, to take back with him... So, instead, it would be better to outright destroy them than quibble with his inner greed as to what can be 'saved'. It's only after he's made the assessment that he takes note of the Scarlet Knight, and he frowns.

"Fire. That would make quick work of the camp. That soldier is bad for us. Better to stay distant."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2022, 07:15:48 am »

"Understood. This might be....difficult."
Emilia was well aware of how much of an understatement that was.
"Take heart. If all goes well, we may not have to come into combat against the Scarlet Knight."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2022, 02:15:54 pm »

"You. Girl. Shut up or we're walking into an ambush and we die. If you want to die so bad I'll let you go in first."

"Hmph! That's not very gentlemanly of you! I'll make sure to drag a big swarm of the enemies right to your face if you throw me out there!"

"Rather be called 'Sir Dunas the Horse Hogger' than 'Sir Dunas the Fool Who Put Someone Ill-Dressed For Stealth In The Woods Into A More Visible Spot By Letting Her Mount A Horse, Thus Risking Everybody's Lives'. Now be quiet, you can sit down when we arrive and observe the camp."

"Heh heh, that title is quite the mouthful at least. Fiiine, if it isn't much longer I guess I can bite my tongue a bit."

*Excuse me. O-only one thing I want to say that if we're too noisy, t-the e-enemy will have caught us all, and... w-want us dead. And they're strong. Sir Dunas's division shouldn't get wiped today, because our presence is important for this war. Even if I admit I didn't want to be part of this initially.*

"Heh, if you think that's the first thing that's gonna get us caught I'd beg to differ. A lot of what goes into concealing something is confidence and maintaining one's nerves. Whether it's a card trick or sneaking around a camp. Having your nerves all spooked up increases the chances of stupid and avoidable mistakes. It's not like I'm shouting either. If anything I'd say I'm helping by keeping things seeming normal and casual!"

Finding a nice big and round rock plop onto, Lulu takes every moment she can to rest her legs. "Eh, so he has some fancy title like 'tHe ScARleT kNiGht' so what?" Lulu waves dismissively. "He's probably some meat head who has tunnel vision just like a lot of knights I've seen before. Besides, we have our own Scarlet Knight." She gestures to Rhian, "She's already cuter than him. I'm sure if worst comes to worse she'll be strong enough to protect everyone, especially myself, if he gets too close. Right miss 'Cuter Scarlet Knight'? I know you won't let us down!" Lulu did at least control her voice somewhat since they were closer to the enemies base. Though it may not be enough to everyone's liking.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2022, 04:18:03 pm »

At the words of Emilia and Dunas, Rhian grumbled under her breath and then sighed. She supposed she would trust Dunas's judgment, if he was going to put it like that. Lulu's continued idiocy, however, was sorely testing that decision - particularly when she decided to focus her endless nattering on Rhian.
"Take this seriously, damnit." She hissed at the other girl through clenched teeth. "And don't say weird shit about me."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 04:40:42 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2022, 04:46:06 pm »

Finding a nice big and round rock plop onto, Lulu takes every moment she can to rest her legs. "Eh, so he has some fancy title like 'tHe ScARleT kNiGht' so what?" Lulu waves dismissively. "He's probably some meat head who has tunnel vision just like a lot of knights I've seen before. Besides, we have our own Scarlet Knight." She gestures to Rhian, "She's already cuter than him. I'm sure if worst comes to worse she'll be strong enough to protect everyone, especially myself, if he gets too close. Right miss 'Cuter Scarlet Knight'? I know you won't let us down!" Lulu did at least control her voice somewhat since they were closer to the enemies base. Though it may not be enough to everyone's liking.
Artair moves behind to cover her mouth before more words are spoken.

"Please cease your speech before they notice we're here. No exclamations, even at low volume. Kay?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2022, 07:24:18 pm »

It was indeed a good thing that the freshly-arrived guards are currently busy organizing things and thus produce some noise of their own, masking the group's presence to a degree.

"Lulu, if you already assume you'd get into a position where you'd need protection from the Scarlet Knight, then you already have misunderstood the purpose of our mission. We will not win by force."

Dunas interrupts himself to pull out two sealed packages, one long, the other small, from a saddle bag, breaking said seal to reveal four tourches and four sets of flint and steel.

"Rork already had the right idea. We will win by being fast and smart. We will set the back corners and the side walls of the camp on fire, preferably simultaneously. Letting the gate untorched gives our opposition more reason to consider retreating instead of taking a last stance. However, the main problem is that this is still a supply camp. Among other things, water will be stored there, and if they put out the fire too early, only minimum damage will be inflicted."

The knight places the empty packages onto the floor before letting the torches, flints and steel rest on top of it.

"Three on the left side with two torches, three on the right side also with two torches, the rest will go through the backdoor and destroy anything that looks even remotely like a water barrel inside the camp. We will retreat immediately if we either are confident in having destroyed enough water barrels, or if the camp is burning too much to be saved by a surplus of water alone."
"I will lead the charge into the camp. The left side is closer to the hills, which will also feature our escape route. The right side is closer to the woods, where I expect some enemy tome-users to appear as reinforcement if we take too long. The inside of the camp will obviously feature more opposition, but don't underestimate the soldiers patrolling outside. You decide where you wish to be deployed, but decide fast and no bickering, otherwise I'll assign you to a position."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2022, 07:58:31 pm »

"Take this seriously, damnit." She hissed at the other girl through clenched teeth. "And don't say weird shit about me."

A cheeky sneer grows across the magician's face. It seems she got the rise she wanted and this one is an easy target to get some more out of in the future. Hue hue hue.

"Please cease your speech before they notice we're here. No exclamations, even at low volume. Kay?"

For what few moments the grin was plastered on the girl's face it was then masked by Artair surprise attack. "Mphf! Mmmmmphf! Mgrgr!" Muffled noises of protest exit from the girl.

"I will lead the charge into the camp. The left side is closer to the hills, which will also feature our escape route. The right side is closer to the woods, where I expect some enemy tome-users to appear as reinforcement if we take too long. The inside of the camp will obviously feature more opposition, but don't underestimate the soldiers patrolling outside. You decide where you wish to be deployed, but decide fast and no bickering, otherwise I'll assign you to a position."

Seeing as plan discussion has started there was no time left for playing around, shame. Quickly slithering out of Artair's grasp like she's done something similar to this multiple times she adds her two cents, "I'll go inside the camp with barrel destruction duty. I'm not the best fighter, though they might be hiding some goodies along with the water barrels. The important stuff is always locked away tight, buuuuut that should be no problem for me. I'm sure we'd make better use of it than our enemies wouldn't ya think?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2022, 09:23:51 pm »

"I'll take the right. I can handle a mage or two if it comes down to it." She neglected the second factor, i.e. that it would get her temporarily away from the current object of her ire.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2022, 05:45:45 am »

"Left. I know the hills here. And I'll keep the way clear."

Rork hefts a torch and a flint and steel in hand, setting them in various pockets and holsters on his clothing with apparent ease. He even grabs a strip of cloth from his pocket and ties it around his face, clearly to help combat smoke inhalation. Whatever he's done before now, this is obviously not his first time burning down a camp like this. Nor, he hopes, will it be his last.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42