Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)  (Read 31174 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Heritage of the Chosen (IC)
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2022, 07:40:04 pm »

Lulu doesn't put anymore effort into this fight after they began their retreat. Chasing them through the dirt and the bushes only sounds like a trap in the making, plus she doesn't want to get one of her few costumes torn. They're not cheap you know! "I'm fine! More than fine really." Lulu chimes back before she takes out the tome she snatched and examines it. It might be worth a pretty penny. She could get at least a weeks worth of parfaits from this.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2022, 09:43:17 am »

"I didn't know you had an interest in the dark arts..."

Maria said, coming over to Lulu as she made out the book she was currently invested in.

"Surely someone as magnificent and grandiose as you would be more interested in light magic or not?"

The mage said with a bit of a smirk on her face. She could imagine that many of the effects performed on stage where the result of a very crafty light magic user. 

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2022, 03:22:27 pm »

"Interest in the Dark arts? PSSSSSHHHHH, Nah. I did my 'Knightly Duty' and 'confiscated' this here off one of the bandits. I'm also 'assisting the economy' by selling this for dessert money!" The magician says with not a trace of hesitation or shame. "Learning how to cast magic was too expensive so I never really had the chance to consider it. Plus, anything magical is always worth a pretty penny so I can get a lot more from selling them."

She places a finger on her cheek and tilts her head, "Though, I guess now that you mention it, light magic could be a neat addition to my shows. Eh, but its probably too late now to learn any."

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2022, 03:53:02 pm »

"Well it's never too late to add some grandeur to one's performance. Hell, my family wanted me to become a swordswoman. I mean, i'd have done terrible! But i pushed through and set out my goal to learn magic. I'd assist you, should you be interested still. Light magic may be my polar opposite in studies, but perhaps a thing or two is universal across the board?

Maria still seemed to eye off the book Lulu was holding and trying to sell off just like that. It might have just been some worthless junk, but it also might be something of interest for the dark mage. But there was only one way to find out...

"Lulu, may I see the book for just a moment? A trained mage like myself can surely ascertain the value of it better than anyone else. And it'd be good to go into a salesman talk when you know what it's worth, in contrast to what some merchant will tell you.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2022, 04:36:31 pm »

"Well, I'll keep you in mind if the urge to study the books ever pops up." She shrugs.

"Hmmmmm..." She squints and eyes Maria judging if she'd be the type just to run off with it. Though she can probably just nab it back is she does trying anything funny.

"That's fine, its good to know what this is actually worth before selling it." She extends out the book for Maria to examine.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2022, 04:53:29 pm »

"Well that's certainly interesting..."
Maria investigated the proper meaning of the book and it's contents closer, already seeing a great use for it on her own. It'd truly be a shame if Lulu just sold it off to some Silvertongued snake instead of giving it to her. But oh well...
She handed the book back with a nod.
Yeah this is great. It'd be worth uhm...well at least three whole weeks where you'd only eat candy..."
Maria didn't think anything of her rather specific idea, she just needed to put the gold into something that Lulu would be able to value. And since the sprite seemed to be quite high on sugar at all times of day...it was a close call

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2022, 05:21:13 pm »

"Three whole weeks worth huh? Heh heh heh... I must've hit the jackpot here." She briefly ponders about what she could potentially get with three weeks worth of candy. Though she'd probably get some cakes in there too. However, there's another opportunity here to get. Sure three weeks worth is nice, but she can maintain that while working with Dunas. However, there can be some things worth more than candy.

"Saaay, you know this dark arts stuff right? How's about you keep that book. All I ask is you do me a favor sometime in the future. A favor worth about 3 weeks worth of candy. Does that sound fine to you, hmmm?" If Maria takes the hook, that's two members of Dunas' crew in her pocket. One for cakes and the other... well we'll see in the future.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2022, 02:29:15 am »

Maria thought about this offer for a second. She didn't know Lulu well enough to tell if that was a way to strick her into a faustian bargain, or just some silly thing she came up with and find hilarious if somebody was to actually pull it off. In either way, she wasn't somebody that was scared away by possible consequences, should something go wrong. She studied the dark arts after all!

"I must admit, you are truly a good partner when it comes to setting a prize on something. Luckily for you, i am always eager to attain new knowledge. So i think we have a deal here"

Maria struck out her hand for Lulu to shake. It was almost ceremonical, like a pact being struck right between the two. Maybe Maria was really just a bit too deeply buried into her books and studies sometimes.
In any case, she'd certainly gain some knowledge from this. And if it wasn't from the Nosferatu tome, it was certainly something about this strange magician.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2022, 05:25:58 am »

"Oh, I'm only just the best at setting up good deal!" Lulu followed through with the handshake. Strange that this one is being so formal about this. It's just a small thing but eh, maybe she doesn't leave the house much on account of having her face always shoved in a book. Either way, another favor acquired! "I'll let you know once I come up with a suitable favor to ask. Until then enjoy that cool new book, okay?" Heh heh heh, time to cook up something fun.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2022, 06:24:49 pm »

"Once you're all clear, we shall move on."

[Now Playing: Tear Ring Saga - Dark Fingers]

Torches illuminated the insides of a room within a cave complex, sealed by a door made of sturdy wood and a thousand tiny shadows dotting the natural walls reinforced by rudimentary logwork. It was the favourite room of Ghal to reside in. No wonder, for the cloth carpets on the floor are covered with coins and half-filled chests. And yet, the wavering light reflecting off the gold weren't able to please him today. The door opens. Two people entered the room, one of them by force. The mercenary leader turned around facing them.

"Curious. Not many are allowed in my treasure chamber, and you even dare to bring a dirt stain to my coins."
"W-What gives?! Calling me a dirt stain, boss!?"
"Not in the best of moods right now. Better hush it before I lose yet another knife in someone..."
Noel gulped before slowly nodding, fear being written in her eyes.

"Ernod, my buddy, I expected you. But not you..."
"That's because I need her as a bargain chip."
Ernod threw Noel into a pile of coin. Her expression made it clear that it was not a soft and welcomed landing, yet she remained silent.

"Great. Juuuuust great. My buddy throws a dirt stain onto my coins. All while that lowly knight pretents to be righteous and just and, ugh, can't he see that simple people like us cannot make an honest living since the war screwed us over?! I can't keep my side of the bargain up with all these mud-slurpers ruining my day!"
The stressed-out leader pulled out a thin throwing knife from his boot and threw it in the direction of a startled Noel. It cut her right shoulder, resulting in a short yelp and a surpressed wimper as she held the fresh wound.

"... Ah, better. It is as nobility claims, music does soothe the nerves... Alright then. No need to be here, buddy. Young and naive Dunas is gonna get captured."
"Irrelevant to me. He exists to fill your pockets, nothing more. I am here to relocate what had been entrusted to you."
"To... relocate? Ernod, Ernod, Ernod... Buddy... It is safe here. No one will even see the container without my permission. Do you have so little trust in me? Or... does the Alchemist?"
"I trust you. I do not trust the women, even as a prisoner."
"Stab a blade in problems, like I do. What's holding you back?"
"As long as she's alive, the one who betrayed you will be docile. That is key to your ransom. See it as a favor, and I'm claiming that favor now to relocate 'it'. I will not leave it up to chance."
Two knives suddenly thrust out of Ghal's sleeves and he aimed for Ernod's temples. Only his reflexes ensured his survival, albeit the same couldn't be said for his mask.

"You goddessdamned piece of shit, Ernod. No! One! Touches! It! No one but me and him! Ghal's number one rule for being entrusted something is full payment, zero tolerance, full protection, zero exceptions. Full zero full zero! Don't fuck with me!"
"... So be it."

With that verbal exchange completed, Ernod left the chamber.

"... Heh. I'm feeling damn good now. Fantastifabulous, even! Noel, if you play your prisoner part or whatever, there's gonna be double rations for a week or so on your plate! Imagine all the meat in your stomach! Oh, but only if I find nary a coin on your body after I caught myself an oversized knave... HuhuHU! I'LL BE FILTHY STINKIN' RICH!"
An eerily cheery swing in each of his moves, Ghal carelessly tossed half a stale bread he had in his pocket in Noel's direction before exiting the treasure chamber. Two clicks from the lock and the chamber was sealed. Noel picked up the bread and the throwing dagger left behind as she walked around the chamber, restless and anxious.

"... Boss's really off his rocker since he met bandana bastard... Whatever that thing is boss got, must be one helluva thing to be worth his mind."

The group of Sir Dunas followed the trail of disturbed foilage and blood splatters until the tracks led into an array of bushes leaned against a small cliffside that, on closer inspection, were structured too conveniently. Checking his notes and the map, there is no doubt about it for the Dunlandic knight: Even with no one standing guard nearby, Ghal's Marauders must be behind that cover.

"This is it... Last chance to ready yourselves. I expect the upcoming battle to be short but vicious once we break through the cover."

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2022, 02:47:32 am »

Eiriol looked excited and ready to go.

"Let me at them Dunas and I'll give them such a bonking that they will wish they stayed home hanging on their mom's apron."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2022, 12:12:35 pm »

"I see."
Emilia looks over at Tanja and Rhian.
"Are you two ready to go?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2022, 01:18:12 pm »

"When am I not?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:42 pm »

"Be ready. Charge!"

The bushes are swiftly and systemically dealt with. Beyond the cover was indeed the entrance to a cave, a large and deep way inside, illuminated by the occasional wall torch. Surprisingly spacious, getting inside on horseback is of no major issue. And inside the natural hallway was... nothing. Just a handful of rocks and a single outlaw further inside.

"... Oh."
Ghal let out a drawn-out whistle, sounding rather impressed.
"Didn't expect you to be here so soon. What's left from whom you slaughtered still isn't quite in shape yet, so... ... A-w-k-w-a-r-d."
The delivery of the last word was almost in singsong.
"... Normally I'd offer some tea, dear Sir, or a mug of ale, or a slice of fine cheese I've looted recently, or an array of metal spike so you can choke on your own blood, but I'm rather unprepared... Again, didn't expect you so soon."
Ghal's eyes shifted left and right before a cold gaze drilled deep into the entourage.
"Things wouldn't be fun right now, so... Come again tomorrow, and kindly screw off today. Sounds good? Good!"
His attention then returned to the rock formation next to him, seemingly putting something inside of it, rather slowly and carefully at that. It was a small poach made of thin cloth.

And that's the current situation. Naturally, Sir Dunas made no motion suggesting he would "screw off" now, but he's rather confused and concerned.

"... I truly didn't expect that... but... we have to push on. We can't allow him to rattle our minds."

~TURN 1~
Player Turn
Theme: [TearRing Saga - Trial]

47/100 EXP
Spoiler: Units Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2022, 03:46:57 pm »

"Thats the bad guy?" Eiriol looked over at Dunas for moment before turning back to the enemy "I'm going bonk him."

Eiriol moves to D6
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42