Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 10587 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Pre-Game
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 08:43:20 am »

The Headhunter: Day 1

"What do you mean, Jim?" EuchreJack asked.

The CEO flared his nostrils, sniffed roughly, and scratched his moustache again. "What do I mean? What else could I mean by one of you fuckers is trying to poach my talent?"

"After Toaster and Leafsnail left, I began worrying." Jim said. He walked to the projection screen and pointed an accusatory finger at the blurry handshake. "As soon as Pandarsenic put his two weeks' in I had him followed and my PI managed to snap this. One of you is shaking his hand there, with a handover of a briefcase full of who knows what."

Jim crossed the projection to the other side. "Pandarsenic was pretty thorough cleaning out his office but this little thing here," he pointed at the offer letter, "snuck its way behind a filing cabinet."

"Leafnsail and Toaster were a long time coming." Roden noted.

"Pandarsenic was unhappy too," webadict said, "but I don't see what that has to do with--"

"This whole floor is reserved for senior executives, so how does an offer letter from Mephansteras Industries make its way here?" Jim interrupted.

"Where is this going?" TricMagic asked.

"What's your point, Jim?" Knightwing64 said.

Jim exhaled, then inhaled. "One of you fuckers is trying to poach my talent!" Jim loudly repeated.

"What is this, an inquisition!?" Vector protested. "Jim, you've gone off your rocker."

Jim raised a finger, ready to respond, before he reconsidered. He sat down at the head of the table, knitting his fingers together and resting his hands on top. "I know," He paused. "Times are tough right now. I know our relationships have been strained and tested recently, but I have not forgotten the years we have spent building this company. It is not an exaggeration to say that I could not have done this without you, and you know how much that means coming from me. For the sake of the company, I need you here, working with me."

"That is why I cannot allow this to continue." He stated firmly. "So here is what you will do. The Headhunter is in this room, right now. You will find out who it is and you will tell me. I will have Security verify it through... means. Once the Headhunter has been identified, their position will be terminated and I will have Legal rake them over coals."

"If you do not, or if you fail," He continued, "You will all suffer the same fate I intend for the Headhunter."

Jim snapped his fingers. One of his assistants placed a glass in front of him and poured scotch into it. Jim raised the glass to his lips and sipped.

"You know the stakes." He said, placing the glass on the table. "You're not leaving here tonight until you give me a name."

"Get started!"

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on June 2nd at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 61 hours from now.

webadict -     0:
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        0:
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       0:

Not voting: webadict, EuchreJack, TricMagic, Roden, Knightwing64, Vector
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 1
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 10:22:59 am »

I saw Knightwing talking with all three of them before they left!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 10:33:41 am »

I mean, it's clearly EuchreJack. Note the lack of care and forced nonchalance.  :P

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 11:13:49 am »

Well, when in doubt

EuchreJack

(Jk, gonna swap at the first hint of a reasonable argument)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 12:40:58 pm »

Roden then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 01:35:46 pm »

Well, I don't really care if I'm voted, except that means the Cultist gets a night to recruit. So I actually care quite a bit!

I mean, it's clearly EuchreJack. Note the lack of care and forced nonchalance.  :P
Eh, trying to push the elimination onto me, TricMagic?

Well, when in doubt

EuchreJack

(Jk, gonna swap at the first hint of a reasonable argument)
Suspicious.  Everyone knows that reasonable arguments from me are a scumtell!
You should be looking for unreasonable arguments!

Web's doing the same thing he did last time.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 02:18:28 pm »

Wasn’t web town last time because of innocent child?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 02:37:29 pm »

Wasn’t web town last time because of innocent child?
I'm always Town, Knightwing, even when I'm not, but especially when I am.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 02:39:07 pm »

More he's looking to get recruited, is Jack's argument. Cause let's face it, webadict is almost certainly cult after night 2, if not night 1.

Granted, Cult only needs to bypass the day 2 check to win, and web is a pretty good scapegoat.

As is though Jack, let's face it. You're either going to out yourself as town or get voted today. You're going to need better arguments than that, cause I have to rely on gut instincts when you're mafia. Not making the mistake of ignoring them again.

Also Roden, no hiding in plain sight. Make some posts..

ninjaweb.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2022, 02:41:56 pm »

So Tric, any more ideas on how the cult might operate?
Any proposed strategy for countering cult?

FOS Roden not posting.  Can't upgrade Roden to a vote due to number of votes on Roden.
I will however change my vote to Vector, subject to Vector posting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2022, 03:00:25 pm »

Unvote.. Course it has hammers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2022, 03:15:30 pm »

More he's looking to get recruited, is Jack's argument. Cause let's face it, webadict is almost certainly cult after night 2, if not night 1.

Granted, Cult only needs to bypass the day 2 check to win, and web is a pretty good scapegoat.

As is though Jack, let's face it. You're either going to out yourself as town or get voted today. You're going to need better arguments than that, cause I have to rely on gut instincts when you're mafia. Not making the mistake of ignoring them again.

Also Roden, no hiding in plain sight. Make some posts..

ninjaweb.
That sounds a lot like you know I'm not Cult already...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2022, 03:17:58 pm »

I mean, doublethinking doesn't do me much good does it? We can check if you like, but I find it a bit pointless until you actually showcase some more scumtells. Which is the whole issue.

.... What's your game webadict?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2022, 03:27:10 pm »

I would like to clarify: This was NOT my argument.  I was instead reviewing Webadicts behavior to interpret whether or not Web was town.
Since the behavior reflects standard Web scumhunting techniques, it is a town tell.
But Web is probably aware of this, so could probably fake it easy enough.  So Null.
I did think it was interesting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2022, 04:33:26 pm »

I mean, doublethinking doesn't do me much good does it? We can check if you like, but I find it a bit pointless until you actually showcase some more scumtells. Which is the whole issue.

.... What's your game webadict?
Personally, checking me results in my hoping that I get Culted. Therein lies a bit of odd strategy. If you miss the Cult Leader, you might be forced into a situation where not voting the Cult Leader is the winning strategy. And if I get Culted Tonight, you'll have to deal with that. So... In a way, you need to make 100% sure I'm not cult before making that assumption, because if you aren't, then I'm going to slip by on technicalities.

In a way, however, assuming I'm not Cult Today is a benefit. If you wish to waste a vote on me, I'd likely be recruited Tonight. Well... There's a 60% chance I'd be recruited. Two players would probably be wiser and they'd instead hit one of Vector/Roden instead, which is a solid maneuver, because it's just good WIFOM.

I would like to clarify: This was NOT my argument.  I was instead reviewing Webadicts behavior to interpret whether or not Web was town.
Since the behavior reflects standard Web scumhunting techniques, it is a town tell.
But Web is probably aware of this, so could probably fake it easy enough.  So Null.
I did think it was interesting.
Everything's null for me until I catch scum, ain't that right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12