Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 10586 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 1
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2022, 09:54:01 pm »

Spoken like Town!Web.

Unfortunately, the Cultist picking up players that have been inspected is a viable strategy, since our town priority is to eliminate the Cultist.

Ideally, we'll eliminate the Cultist on day one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2022, 11:11:39 pm »

Wheeeeere's Roden???

Also Vector, but whatevs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2022, 12:12:39 am »

Roden not posting is more suspicious, although both can clear that suspicion by..... POSTING.

Vector did mention upcoming finals in their IN post. Plus Vector usually doesn't grace us with a post until at least halfway through Day 1.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Pre-Game
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2022, 12:35:28 am »

"It's gotta be Knightwing64, right?" webadict said jovially.

"No way!" Knightwing64 replied.

"Couldn't be." TricMagic said. "Wasn't it you, EuchreJack, who said that if Pandarsenic went you'd leave too?"

"I do remember an afterparty where something to that effect was said." Knightwing64 said.

"What, you think I'm the type who'd slink around here at night and try to sneak you some job offers?" EuchreJack said, bemused.

"He's got a point." webadict conceded. "But maybe it's Roden."

"Or Vector." EuchreJack butted in.

"You can never trust the quiet types, can you?" webadict said.

"Agreed." Replied TricMagic.

Day 1 will end on June 2nd at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 46 hours from now.

webadict -     0:
EuchreJack -   1: Knightwing64
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        1: webadict
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       1: EuchreJack,

Not voting: Roden, Vector, TricMagic

Regarding activity: This game is supposed to be fast so I'll be keeping an eye on players to make sure they participate, but the game is also less than twenty four hours old.

If activity becomes an issue I will not be shy about prods or replacements, assuming I can find players to replace in.

Unvote.. Course it has hammers.

I'll respect this but please put it in red to make it noticeable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2022, 02:14:40 am »

Oh, the game started. Sorry, I thought I would get a notification in my inbox.

Since there's only one bad guy right now, I don't think there's much we can do to solve. We can probably rule out Jack/Tric/Knightwing purely by meta after some time passes...which now that I think about it, it should probably be a priority to figure them out now, since if any of them get recruited they can essentially play Jester to distract attention away from the Cult Leader.

Another thing to keep in mind is that since voting somebody out doesn't actually remove them from the game, no one should be particularly worried about getting voted. If anything, a miselim just increases that player's chance of getting recruited, which means they likely still win, just as a different alignment.

So, I think unless we can meta someone as the bad guy, the votes today should go to one of Web/Vector/myself. I don't mind being the first elim, but if it isn't me then I'd prefer Vector. I'd only vote Web if I was confident that he's the Cult Leader, as it would be extremely dangerous for town to miselim him and make him a recruit target otherwise.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2022, 02:16:48 am »

Oh wait, I just rechecked the OP, did the rules change? I thought that previously it said that miseliminated townies stayed in the game. That definitely changes things...

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2022, 02:23:01 am »

I think regardless that solving within Jack/Tric/Knightwing and then moving onto Web/Vector/myself as the secondary PoE is still a viable strategy at least.

I already town read Knightwing, and with time I can figure out Jack. I think Web has the best chance of figuring out Tric, so I'll leave that to him for now.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2022, 02:27:39 am »

Voting - All players possess a single vote that they may cast against another player during the Day Phase. Votes are cast in red and should include the name of the targeted player. At the end of the Day Phase, the alignment of the player with the most votes is publicly revealed. If this player is cult aligned, they are eliminated from the game and may no longer play.
I think it was just the wording here that tripped me up, it seemed to imply that only cult members could be eliminated.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2022, 02:40:09 am »

Voting - All players possess a single vote that they may cast against another player during the Day Phase. Votes are cast in red and should include the name of the targeted player. At the end of the Day Phase, the alignment of the player with the most votes is publicly revealed. If this player is cult aligned, they are eliminated from the game and may no longer play.
I think it was just the wording here that tripped me up, it seemed to imply that only cult members could be eliminated.

That is correct. Town-aligned players have their alignments revealed publicly, cult-aligned players are eliminated.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2022, 05:39:34 am »

That is correct. Town-aligned players have their alignments revealed publicly, cult-aligned players are eliminated.

Huh, okay.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2022, 07:32:11 am »

Hm...

Not satisfies by Roden's post, but his conclusion is correct. If Vector votes, that'll make the choice clearer.

Personally, Knightwing and Euchre already look Town, so I've removed them for now. TricMagic looks a little suspicious, but I'll take Euchre's word on them, if they say they're clear (which wouldn't particularly surprise me.) Roden looks a medium suspicious, and I don't really think I can explain why. Something feels off about the way they're phrasing things, that feels inceptive. Also, they've appeared to already cleared Euchre, Knight, and Tric before they've asked me to do so, but that also puts more faith in me than should be deserved, as I'm the hardest to read.

But, Vector being a hard neutral makes them an ideal candidate... But I think I'm leaving my vote where it stands for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2022, 08:24:29 am »

... Roden, a quick question. Why Vector?

I think the thing sparking suspicion is the fact you say it's fine to get lynched. But Town doesn't want themselves to get lynched, they want cult lynched. Or in any other case someone else. While it's true it's fine if we get lynched, that also means we have one shot tomorrow.

... I am really tempted to just hammer Vector though. But he doesn't even have any posts in the first place.  :-\

If it comes down to it, I think I'd vote Roden first.

...I was thinking it's 3 to hammer, but is it 3 or 4? checks. Yeah, it's 4, so the above doesn't make as much sense.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2022, 08:36:38 am »

Tric, you have been told multiple times that Vector uses they/them pronouns instead of he/him. Don't make me verbally abuse you to fix that.

But, also, you're correct. Also, don't hammer Vector??? That's a bad conclusion to what you've said. We can easily vote either one. No decision is required today.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2022, 09:24:06 am »

Don’t be hard in Tric, for some reason people have a tendency to assume people on male on the internet. I actually got super embarrassed one time because I had called someone a dude but they were a girl and everybody knew that but me. Super embarrassing

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2022, 10:00:11 am »

Don’t be hard in Tric, for some reason people have a tendency to assume people on male on the internet. I actually got super embarrassed one time because I had called someone a dude but they were a girl and everybody knew that but me. Super embarrassing
I'm actually not being hard on Tric enough. This has happened at least a dozen times now, and I still haven't seen Tric call Vector they/them. I just want Tric to catch himself once or twice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12