Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 22628 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Find The Thieves!
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2022, 03:50:57 pm »

Hmm...TricMagic

I agree with Blu that we shouldn't come to a consensus on the Vig target if one exists. Web usually gives scum abilities that counter mass PR claims and action organizing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2022, 05:06:36 pm »

Got a reason for that Roden?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2022, 05:59:08 pm »

Knight - Why not ask people for more info?

I dunno, that just seems like a scummy thing to do. Maybe I’m wrong and should start fishing for more info, but I’m pretty sure I remember someone telling me when I was new to this forum that bluntly asking for roles and fishing for info was sus?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2022, 07:18:22 pm »

Your Jack vote felt safe, like you were aiming for someone who's reaction would be the most predictable. Do you find him suspicious?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2022, 07:32:11 pm »

Your Jack vote felt safe, like you were aiming for someone who's reaction would be the most predictable. Do you find him suspicious?
The lack of reaction is itself suspicious. In my situation I'd be asking my scum teammate to coordinate properly. Which is what gets me caught in the first place. Alone, Jack townread me during the cult game. Him being predictable as town is the entire reason to make the vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 09:30:18 pm »

Should I give advice like I know what the fuck I'm talking about or should I let you struggle?

Alright, it's sink or swim time then.

The three people high-fiving are kinda sus- ...I mean- kinda suspicious.

Why high five over a man getting his prescription lunch stolen?

CUZ WEBLEY IS A DWEEB

Also who let you in here and why haven't you done anything to impress me yet?

Oh right BluearianKnight is in this game.

Alright, that's one scum player down.
I support this theory!

Thanks! I do too! It's never been wrong yet!

I get a benefit for correctly predicting deaths, so it'd be great for me if we could get a preliminary consensus on lynch and/or vigilante targets before the day ends. Obviously circumstances will change, but I don't need to specify precise times, places, and manners, just have at least two players identified who'll die relatively early.

Is this benefit sufficiently worthwhile to ask for this?

Even if we did this I'd rate the odds of the preliminary consensus matching the eventual lynch target about the same as a cold, uninformed Day 1 prediction. Obviously you'd have better luck with the vigilante kill if there was such a player and they were silly enough to publicly telegraph their target.

sobs in RNJesus cursing me
honestly I wouldn't blame y'all at this point, but I am actually town for once.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we'll see.

Jim - Did you eat Web's lunch? You seem the sort, you sus.

Yes but I didn't try to hide it so all he did was fume and pout over it.

This was a while ago though and is probably unrelated to our current situation.

I wouldn’t recommend choosing me, normally I’m such a non threat that mafia knows they can keep me alive for awhile.

You're getting much better at playing this game.

Knight - Why not ask people for more info?

I dunno, that just seems like a scummy thing to do. Maybe I’m wrong and should start fishing for more info, but I’m pretty sure I remember someone telling me when I was new to this forum that bluntly asking for roles and fishing for info was sus?

But still obviously untrained.

However long ago that happened I think by now you've learned the wrong lessen. Your goal is to determine people's alignment so you should be querying people in ways that help you do that. If it's apparent from what you're doing that that's your goal then it doesn't really matter whatever silly faux pas you commit that people call you suspicious for.

I mean If I saw any player trying to push a lynch for rolefishing I'd roll my eyes.

I feel this.

Also TricMagic asking for a reason for your vote bothers me as well considering how young the game is.

Yeah let's go with TricMagic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2022, 10:54:36 pm »

Is this benefit sufficiently worthwhile to ask for this?
I have no idea! That's what's so exciting about it! Who knows what I could get!

I have until the end of day 1 to make my guesses though.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2022, 10:57:42 pm »

Is skipping a turn for the next round allowed? I want to wait for the next RP post for more clues, before I decide to vote on anyone. Besides me finding the high fives at the start kinda suspicious, I don't feel anything necessarily concrete right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2022, 10:59:27 pm »

Several of the workers begin to investigate the scene of the crime, looking for potential clues.

Vote Count
------------------------
TricMagic - 2 - Roden*, Jim Groovester*,
EuchreJack - 1 - TricMagic*,
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Oliverz144 - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - BluarianKnight, EuchreJack, Knightwing64, Lidku, Maximum Spin, Oliverz144,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on June 21, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~93 hours remaining).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2022, 02:40:33 am »

Is skipping a turn for the next round allowed? I want to wait for the next RP post for more clues, before I decide to vote on anyone. Besides me finding the high fives at the start kinda suspicious, I don't feel anything necessarily concrete right now.

This isn't that sort of game. Those rp posts are purposefully devoid of relevant information.

If you want to find out who's town or scum you're going to have to talk to your fellow players to find out from them whether they're town or scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2022, 02:48:48 am »

I'd say you're probably town though because I doubt anybody who was scum could be this off base about the game and how it's played. In theory you'd have a team member you could ask.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2022, 06:44:15 am »

I'd say you're probably town though because I doubt anybody who was scum could be this off base about the game and how it's played. In theory you'd have a team member you could ask.

I agree. Lidku is probably town and very new to this game.

Max, I wouldn’t recommend picking Lidku either, killing somebody d1 in one of their first games is kinda a dick move, and there’s no reason mafia wouldn’t just leave them alone and trick them into voting for the more dangerous townies.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2022, 07:18:06 am »

I agree. Lidku is probably town and very new to this game.

Max, I wouldn’t recommend picking Lidku either, killing somebody d1 in one of their first games is kinda a dick move, and there’s no reason mafia wouldn’t just leave them alone and trick them into voting for the more dangerous townies.

I would tend to agree with this. Plus, if a new player rolled Mafia, they would probably get one or more teammates that are more experienced and thus more of a thread.

I mean, if a new player outright scumslips, then yeah vote scum. But ideally, we'd eliminate scum among the more experienced players.

Sorry, I'm posting from phone due to internet issues.

The lack of reaction is itself suspicious. In my situation I'd be asking my scum teammate to coordinate properly. Which is what gets me caught in the first place. Alone, Jack townread me during the cult game. Him being predictable as town is the entire reason to make the vote.
Hm, this bizzaro logic has me thinking Tric might be town. Enough that I'd rather not put Tric at L-2.

Alright, let's get some more pressure going and Vote Roden.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2022, 08:01:23 am »

If you would like to not vote to execute (or RP-wise, fire someone) anyone, you may vote No one, which skips this Day and goes to Night. Also, my RP won't contain any information, BUT voting a Player out of the game (as well as a Player being killed at Night) causes their role and alignment to be given to you, which I am in charge of showing to Players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2022, 08:08:58 am »

Wow, my power is kind of... uh.
Don't waste time investigating me. It won't work.
Oh right BluearianKnight is in this game.

Alright, that's one scum player down.
I support this theory!

I get a benefit for correctly predicting deaths, so it'd be great for me if we could get a preliminary consensus on lynch and/or vigilante targets before the day ends. Obviously circumstances will change, but I don't need to specify precise times, places, and manners, just have at least two players identified who'll die relatively early.

An interesting discussion!
...the fact it dissuades us from Chinese Fire Drill alone makes it worthwhile.

Since you can guess Day 1 towards the end of Day 1, you should probably just do that.

Vigilante targets are going to be whomever you think is scum, or maybe whomever you think others are mostly likely to think is scum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27