Mining the thread for ideas
- 0 (0%)
Reliving my glory days
- 0 (0%)
Just randomly came here
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)  (Read 16466 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (recruiting prospective space lords)
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2022, 01:40:25 pm »

Speaking of which, there is a Risky Ventures Discord, which has a Risky Space channel, if you want more banter: https://discord.gg/EbuWUQJeeR
Long Live United Forenia!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2022, 02:56:59 am »

what if I actually played this time, there's an idea

thinking about how to allocate my "embark points"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Risky Space Lords II Turn 1
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2022, 10:01:07 am »

TURNTURNTURN
I guess we can start, and see if anyone would be willing to join later.
We'll start with a classic: Feast! As the new Emperor ascends the throne he invites all his subjects to an inaugural feast. It is up to one (or more) of you to cater it. 
Quote from: Imperial Inauguration Feast (Imperial Levy)
Provide 3 food in exchange for 6 prestige
(remember, ILs are now open to all candidates in the first 24 hours (by forum clock))
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2022, 11:51:12 am »

Spoiler: Chia Interstellar (click to show/hide)

Two contracts to kick things off. One for eS to sign, to formalise our relations:
Quote from: Vassal-Management Contract
NUKE9.13 of Chia Interstellar [hereafter LIEGE], agrees to manage the estates of
evictedSaint of Cancer Planeta [hereafter VASSAL], until such time as VASSAL is willing and able to manage their own estates.

LIEGE will manage the two estates as separate entities in a state of alliance. Separate treasuries will be maintained, and each estate will be managed with the intent to maximise value of that estate.
Preferential trading will be in effect, whereby trade between the two estates will require no contract signing, and prices will not be inflated without reason.

LIEGE will have full control over VASSAL's estate for the duration of the contract, including commercial, military and diplomatic affairs.

VASSAL may cancel this contract at any time, regaining full control of their estate.

---

Signed:
-NUKE9.13
-

And one that I encourage everyone to sign:
Quote from: The Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks
Whereas sneak attacks on planets or fleets are hard to defend from, as you may have already deployed fleets/armies elsewhere, or be unable to acquire them at short notice;
Whereas I think it would be more fun if everyone had at least one turn's warning before being attacked;
Whereas I just want to write contracts because that's what the genre is supposed to be about;

All signatories to this Pact agree to refrain from attacking each other without giving the other party one turn's notice. This notice must be given at least 24 hours before the turn changes, cos giving it just before the turn changes wouldn't give the attacked party time to react.
This Pact does not cover those who have not signed the Pact. Those who have signed the Pact are encouraged to shun those who have not, as by not signing they demonstrate untrustworthiness.
Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty).
This Pact may only be modified with the consent of all signatories.
Anyone can sign this Pact at any time. You cannot un-sign.

Signatories:
-NUKE9.13
-
-
-
-

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2022, 12:43:45 pm »

Spoiler: C2M (click to show/hide)

Sounds reasonable to me.

Whereas sneak attacks on planets or fleets are hard to defend from, as you may have already deployed fleets/armies elsewhere, or be unable to acquire them at short notice;
Whereas I think it would be more fun if everyone had at least one turn's warning before being attacked;
Whereas I just want to write contracts because that's what the genre is supposed to be about;

All signatories to this Pact agree to refrain from attacking each other without giving the other party one turn's notice. This notice must be given at least 24 hours before the turn changes, cos giving it just before the turn changes wouldn't give the attacked party time to react.
This Pact does not cover those who have not signed the Pact. Those who have signed the Pact are encouraged to shun those who have not, as by not signing they demonstrate untrustworthiness.
Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty).

Signatories:
-NUKE9.13
-C2M
-
-
-

Also just wanted to check, are trades “immediate” in that you can use resources that you trade for that turn, or do the resources take a turn to travel?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2022, 12:56:23 pm »

trades are immediate
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2022, 01:11:30 pm »

Signatories:
-NUKE9.13
-C2M
-Rockeater
-
-
If I feed a shipyard planet, will they be able to produce this turn or the next one, also for mining, will they produce the ore this turn or the next?

Also, EuchreJack, Spin, any of you interested in a trade of one food in exchange for one ore for the coming 5 turns? the time limit is so we could renegotiate in case of situation change.

Spoiler: Count of the voids (click to show/hide)

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2022, 01:34:06 pm »

Signatories:
-NUKE9.13
-C2M
-Rockeater
-evictedSaint
-

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2022, 01:34:56 pm »

Quote from: Vassal-Management Contract
NUKE9.13 of Chia Interstellar [hereafter LIEGE], agrees to manage the estates of
evictedSaint of Cancer Planeta [hereafter VASSAL], until such time as VASSAL is willing and able to manage their own estates.

LIEGE will manage the two estates as separate entities in a state of alliance. Separate treasuries will be maintained, and each estate will be managed with the intent to maximise value of that estate.
Preferential trading will be in effect, whereby trade between the two estates will require no contract signing, and prices will not be inflated without reason.

LIEGE will have full control over VASSAL's estate for the duration of the contract, including commercial, military and diplomatic affairs.

VASSAL may cancel this contract at any time, regaining full control of their estate.

---

Signed:
-NUKE9.13
-evictedSaint

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2022, 02:11:23 pm »

Spoiler: Cancer Planeta (click to show/hide)
ACTACTACT: Cancer Planeta explores with 1 Fleet (-1 Ore)
Crabicus Prime produces Food (+2 Food end of turn). The Tidepools trains an Army (-1 Food, +1 Army eot)
Cancer Planeta agrees to contribute 2 Food to the Imperial Inauguration Feast. (-2 Food eot)

Spoiler: Chia Interstellar (click to show/hide)
Chegitha produces Ore (-1 Food, +3 Ore end of turn)
ACTACTACT: Chia Interstellar explores with 1 Fleet (-1 Ore). Furthermore, Chia Interstellar and Cancer Planeta submit 1 & 2 Food respectively to fulfil the Imperial Inauguration Feast (splitting the Prestige proportional to contribution (2/4))(-1 Food eot).

Edit: Apparently missions are fulfilled at the end of turn, at the same time as production, so Cancer Planeta can recruit an army as well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 06:10:01 am by NUKE9.13 »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2022, 02:55:47 pm »

I will also be looking to trade ore for food at a 1:1 rate.

Also am willing to maintain an army for a Space Lord at the cost of 1 food per turn, to use as you see fit, excepting hostile actions against me and mine, along with preferential bidding rights for a per turn use for my other armies, though I would retain the rights for a minimum price and right to refuse your bid.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2022, 03:11:05 pm »

@a1s: How does the new system work on ILs? I wanted to put food towards the feast...

Signatories:
-NUKE9.13
-C2M
-Rockeater
-evictedSaint
-EuchreJack

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2022, 03:24:17 pm »

@a1s: How does the new system work on ILs? I wanted to put food towards the feast...
You can! for 24 hours after each turn is announced, you can apply for the IL. Once 24 hours elapses, one random lord will be awarded the contract and will have to provide the food. (The system is currently experimental an may change in the future, but never between turns.)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2022, 02:27:37 am »

@a1s, forgot to mark you before, but can I use a planet/ gain it benefits the turn it is fed or is it in the turn after.

Also, I am willing to sell a fleet to anyone signed on the treaty against sneak attacks a fleet in exchange for 5 food, which can be spread out for 1 a turn
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31