Mining the thread for ideas
- 0 (0%)
Reliving my glory days
- 0 (0%)
Just randomly came here
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)  (Read 16515 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2022, 03:03:48 am »

Quote from: The Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks
Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty).
Please note that contracts are binding and are in principle impossible to violate. If you want to leave a loophole (like the prestige penalty on taxes) you have to explicitly write it into the contract.

@a1s, forgot to mark you before, but can I use a planet/ gain it benefits the turn it is fed or is it in the turn after.
You feed at the start of the turn and gain benefits at the end. So yes, effectively the turn after.
One exception is that in the interest of better flow you can fulfil missions at the end of turn (after production.) Does that feel illogical/confusing?

One more thing I forgot to mention: any interaction that requires GMs attention needs to be marked with the words "ACTACTACT". This applies to:
  • fulfilling missions
  • exploration
  • colonization
  • war declaration
this does not apply to:
  • trade (whether with the league or another player)
  • making/signing a contract
If in doubt, better mark it, and I will correct you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 04:02:43 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2022, 04:00:11 am »

One exception is that in the interest of better flow you can fulfil contracts at the end of turn (after production.) Does that feel illogical/confusing?
Does this include missions?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2022, 04:02:23 am »

One exception is that in the interest of better flow you can fulfil contracts at the end of turn (after production.) Does that feel illogical/confusing?
Does this include missions?
Sorry, I meant missions.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2022, 04:07:43 am »

Sorry, I meant missions.
Cool.
ACTACTACT
Throw my hat into the Imperial Inauguration Feast ring with 3 of the 4 food I'll produce this turn.

Any remaining food (1 if I get it, 4 if I don't) is available for contract to the highest bidder. Right now, I'm inclined to take c2m's offer of a standing army, but I know other people also want food.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2022, 06:17:38 am »

Quote from: The Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks
Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty).
Please note that contracts are binding and are in principle impossible to violate. If you want to leave a loophole (like the prestige penalty on taxes) you have to explicitly write it into the contract.
I wasn't sure if contracts were fully binding. Good to know.
Well, on the off chance that someone manages to find a loophole, the clause will discourage them from using it. And removing it now would be more work than leaving it in, so whatever.
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2022, 10:40:52 am »

Maximum Spin wins the Imperial Inauguration Feast levy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2022, 11:45:13 am »

Behold peons, as a REAL RISKY LORD plays their turn!

Spoiler: Blacksand Industries (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT: Send 2 fleets to SCOUT, using 2 Ore to fuel them

Quote from: Breadbasket Harvest Contract
Whereas Blacksand Industries finds itself with more food than strictly necessary, and desirous of ore for its factories, Blacksand Industries is willing to offer food for ore on a 1-to-1 basis for this turn.  Current food for sale: 2 to exchange of 2 ore.
x Procounsel Jack of Blacksand Industries
x                                                         

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2022, 12:08:45 pm »

Whereas Blacksand Industries finds itself with more food than strictly necessary, and desirous of ore for its factories, Blacksand Industries is willing to offer food for ore on a 1-to-1 basis for this turn.  Current food for sale: 2 to exchange of 2 ore.
x  Lord Rock, Count of the Voids                                                       

Transfer the two ores now, Give one Food to The Buckle for the mining

Spoiler: Count of the voids (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 04:53:09 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2022, 12:19:21 pm »

Cancer Planeta will buy 2 Ore for 2 Food and 5MF.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2022, 01:01:44 pm »

Cancer Planeta will buy 2 Ore for 2 Food and 5MF.
I will take this deal, do you want to write a cntract or is this enough?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2022, 01:21:18 pm »

ACTACTACT: Explore with 1 Fleet, -1 Ore

Spoiler: Count of Two Marches (click to show/hide)

Production:
Mining: -1 food +3 ore
Recruit: -1 food 1 army

And contract army for food is on the table!

C2M offers to raise and maintain One army for a Lord who supplies one food per turn. This army will be at the complete disposal of the Lord, excepting for hostile actions against C2M in which case the army will lose support from C2M’s recruitment planet. In addition, the Lord will have the preferential right to match bids for the services of C2M’s other armies if such services are offered.  C2M is not obligated to accept any bids for other armies

This contract will last indefinitely, but will be able to be terminated with no penalty by either party every fifth turn (turns 5,10,15 etc).

Signatories:
-C2M
-
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2022, 02:37:15 pm »

Lord Rock, Count of the Voids                                                       
This type of thing is not allowed. Once a contract is signed it is law. It is up to Jack whether to call you on this though.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2022, 04:51:59 pm »

Actually maent to wait to see if C2M will give earojack a better offer, but fair, contract is a contract

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2022, 04:56:51 pm »

Lord Rock, Count of the Voids                                                       
This type of thing is not allowed. Once a contract is signed it is law. It is up to Jack whether to call you on this though.

Actually maent to wait to see if C2M will give earojack a better offer, but fair, contract is a contract

Looks like you got a better deal from Nuke, to which you've also agreed.
I'll let you out of my contract, if you so wish.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2022, 06:23:42 pm »

C2M offers to raise and maintain One army for a Lord who supplies one food per turn. This army will be at the complete disposal of the Lord, excepting for hostile actions against C2M in which case the army will lose support from C2M’s recruitment planet. In addition, the Lord will have the preferential right to match bids for the services of C2M’s other armies if such services are offered.  C2M is not obligated to accept any bids for other armies

This contract will last indefinitely, but will be able to be terminated with no penalty by either party every fifth turn (turns 5,10,15 etc).

Signatories:
-C2M
-I. Djugashvili, Esq., Founder, Djugashvili & Associates (Maximum Spin)

The said army shall be referred to as the People's Liberation Army.

ETA: Oops, I forgot I was going to add this.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 06:30:12 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31