Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 14657 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I don't know why it's called that.

In this game, the mafia are a cult and town is also a cult. It is a game for the modern era, where everybody wins and nobody dies. Unless the third-party wins. Then you are all doomed.

There's no fixed upper limit to how many players I can put in this thing, although if it goes to ten I'll probably have to scramble to think of new power roles to keep it interesting.

To put it simply, this is a nightless setup where, during the day, everyone votes for a player to be converted to town, while, at the same time, cult members submit secret ballots for a player to be converted to cult. There is no confirmation of the previous alignment of the chosen player, and cult members don't know each other (all communication is through me). If the town "lynch" hits cult, then the cult are temporarily inconvenienced and the cult convert doesn't happen - but only the "lynched" player knows for sure whether that happened! (Since he's now town, he might be forthcoming about it, unless it's more valuable to keep it a secret...) Power roles might result in the announcement of extra information, but, depending on the player's motivations, it might not actually be true. Finally, there is a third party whose goal is to stop either side from winning. This individual cannot be converted to anything. One side or the other must win within a time limit proportional to the number of players, or everyone is doomed!

I have no idea if this will even work. Actually, I'm convinced it won't. But at least it will be something to do for a little while, right?

Commitments so far:
Jim Groovester
Knightwing
BluarianKnight
Roden
webadict
Lidku
NJW2000
ToonyMan
Egan_BW
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 09:53:38 am by Maximum Spin »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 11:28:59 pm »

Sounds great, I'm in.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday"
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 07:06:48 am »

In

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (2 in)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 05:33:40 pm »

aw yeah Mr. Krabs,

IN.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 08:12:18 pm »

In

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 08:33:01 pm »

So, do mafia actually want to stay hidden here? It seems as though they would want to out themselves so that the game can end as quickly as possible. Meanwhile 3P wants to jester in order to waste turns?

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 10:25:36 am »

I don't have time to to play, but here's some outside commentary...

So, do mafia actually want to stay hidden here? It seems as though they would want to out themselves so that the game can end as quickly as possible. Meanwhile 3P wants to jester in order to waste turns?

The "cult" and the "town" are really on the same side (assuming that the objective of both sides is to convert everyone else to their side) - I think the scum here is actually the 3P, who's trying to interfere with player coordination to run down the clock. 3P might claim to be cult in the hopes of being targeted by the town vote and wasting turns. I think the power roles may play a big deal here, because otherwise, I don't see how 3P would have a chance.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In.
Seems unbalanced enough ;) :P
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out, i cant play during holiday, but will play in august!
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll play now, as the Beginner game will be ending within 72 hours. Just needed some time between cult games.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

In.

I think I've now become addicted to Mafia games  :o

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

In, if it isn't too late.

Can I ask if the 3rd party have private communication or know one another's identities?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

In, if it isn't too late.
It's not. I'll leave the thread open for a little while longer to see if anyone else joins.

Can I ask if the 3rd party have private communication or know one another's identities?
With the current number of players there would only be one anyway. In theory, if I expected many more, I wasn't intending for there to be any private communication, but I suspect it would be better for them to know the identities.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (7+)
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 09:12:24 am »

Okay, I'll join another stupid bullshit conversion game.

in

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (7+)
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 08:30:19 pm »

upon reflection I've decided to in if only to see how my curse of being scum interacts with this setup.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22