Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Describe your plan if you have 1 year to live  (Read 982 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Describe your plan if you have 1 year to live
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2022, 05:51:34 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2022, 08:22:30 pm »

I just finished a certain game where my epilogue gave a 6-month prognosis, and I guess the answer there was "Join some desert nomads who actually give a shit about each other".

Found family best family.  Still a total mess, but it's *your* mess.

Heck, this is reminding me (once again) to make a will.  One never knows, and I REALLY don't like how I'd be recorded if I died this second.
Quit job, read until die. Shit ain't complicated, do what you love and don't worry about the rest of it. Hopefully you've already either arranged for a will or are okay with whatever the applicable gov't's default behavior is.

... also make sure to reply to all your threads with mentions of hypnotoad instead of just most of them. Might as well stay on top of it if it's only going to go for a few more months.
There is time now!!  (That Twilight Zone episode wrenched me right in the heart)
Also lol

My plan  would be considered extremist rhetoric and would get me banned from the forum.
I would just spend time with my family and friends probably.
Hard same.  I don't want the "glory" though, I would just want my death... my life, to do something.
But yeah good odds I'd just spend my time with family and friends.  Maybe so they'll remember me well, maybe say nice things about me for a little while.  That's how I want to remembered.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2022, 12:54:44 am »

Probably keep doing what I've been doing, except fencing fuck that shit.
I feel like I'd be doing more fencing.
Fence that shit
Maybe we could stab Death with our sabers, thus extending our lives!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 09:47:58 pm »

I'm amazed none of you (okay, Ziusudra gets it) just went for actually doing the Breaking Bad thing. I'd be finding excuses to kill people and generally be a hopefully karmic positive criminal maniac, like anyone else would.

Literally no other thread could better show the character of this forum. Enlightenment to the point of death. Honestly, not a good thing yo!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 09:58:47 pm »

Maybe that would have been me when I was younger, but I think not - I was borderline suicidal as a teen (I'm 36 now) and I recoiled at the idea of taking other people with me.  I didn't see any benefit to it (thank fuck I was recruited into community bicycle repair and not something dire and hateful).

Edit:  Also, Heisenberg is the bad guy
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2022, 10:18:52 pm »

*Spreads hands*

A adrenaline kick is a adrenaline kick. I'll admit I'm being glib though, but I would find SOMEBODY to kill though. Reasonably fair fight.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 01:33:50 am »

So do we have to murder someone, because if we do you should have mentioned it earlier.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2022, 08:25:20 am »

I sincerely hope for all of us this question is meaningless.

The whole point of Breaking Bad was that you DO NOT KNOW how you will respond to the news of having 1 year to live.

...although I have seen enough people in the last year of their life, I could probably speculate on the most likely scenario.  Most people sort of deny it as much as possible, occasionally make plans for when they're dead, and just putter away their remaining days doing whatever they normally would do if they were retired.

It's not like the doctor can say "Ok, you are going to die exactly 1 year from today. Mark it on your calendar. Oh, and you won't be getting sick and declining any point until that day".

It's more like "Uh, you'll probably be dead in 12 months. Maybe 10 or 14 months. And your health is going to be declining rapidly during that time. You might not even make 6 months, or maybe we can keep you alive for a year and a half or so. We'll try to keep you comfortable as long as possible."
But hey, as the condition gets worse, you get Morphine!
...then you sorta stop caring so much.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2022, 07:01:58 am »

I'd probably go swimming in the ocean everyday

That's all folks
Pages: 1 [2]