Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too connected, and also not connected enough  (Read 887 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too connected, and also not connected enough
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2022, 02:50:39 am »

But think of what we would be like if we had even more bones inside of us, and this can be done with the power of science by injecting more bones into your body!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Too connected, and also not connected enough
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2022, 06:49:51 am »

This is the trouble for the NEET life. You have so many millions of people who are hyperconnected with others around the world in ways that don't generate meaningful human interactions. When the internet stops being an addition to connectivity but a substitute for it, it's not inherently harmful, but it can get that way really quickly. Like when you see people getting obsessively sucked into parasocial relationships with streamers and vtubers where they know everything about their idols and they interact with them on a daily basis but the streamer is interacting with tens of thousands of people and doesn't know them specifically. Even on the other end of the parasocial connection is when you have sad stuff where the streamers as well don't have friends beyond their audience, but they cannot be friends with their audience because there is just too many of them, but if they didn't stream they wouldn't have any human interaction at all

anyways don't rattle me bones
Pages: 1 [2]