Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Made a performance troupe, companion won't use his instrument  (Read 2681 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile

Decided to give serial killing and monster hunting a break and create a travelling bard adventurer, and by luck the two guys in the house I spawned in were skilled in the same instruments as the musical form I'm best at. I can sing and play the vicu, one of my two companions can play the ethgath, and the third guy can sing slightly better than me. I spawned with a vicu and the ethgath player just simulates. Only issue now is that after I... ahem... borrowed an ethgath from a tavern we played at for the guy who can play it, he just won't use the thing. I've even tried using DFHack's bodyswap command to make sure he's physically holding the thing in his hands but no, still prefers to simulate it. Checked his stats, he's an adept ethgath player, just won't play it. I also double checked it wasn't one of those big stationary instruments that I have no idea how to use - nope, the ethgath is basically a guitar made of bone. 100% handheld.

Anyone know how I can get the idiot to recognise the instrument so we can actually be a broke-ass travelling band like I envisioned instead of an a capela group? Only remaining theory I have as to why he won't play it is that it's because it's stolen.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Made a performance troupe, companion won't use his instrument
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 02:20:57 pm »

i remember dfhack had a cleanowned command that was very usefull in fortress mode as all those items abandonned by dwarves on the ground weren't picked up by over dwarves for dumping due to them still being owned.

I don't know if such command would work on the adventure mode, but it's worth a try to see if the npc can't use the ethgath due to some ownership.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 09:22:44 pm »

I've been playing for over a decade and done a LOT of screwing around with dfhack and somehow I'm only just learning about this command. Turns out I've been clearing all the discarded tattered clothes around my fort the hard way as well.

I'll boot the save up now and see if this works :)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 09:34:27 pm »

Nope, no luck. Tried switching to him and running the command, had him drop it and run the command and even went into createitem, spawned him a "clean" ethgath and he won't play that either.

Weird.