Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: Boats and Moodable Pottery  (Read 1013 times)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
Re: Boats and Moodable Pottery
« on: June 11, 2022, 05:36:11 am »

Moods for pottery would be nice.

Boats that work like minecarts would be pretty cool. You could have little ferries to take dwarves over rivers and such like also. As they're only little boats they're not multi-tile structures. I don't think it would be that hard to implement.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 07:02:20 am »

Some sort of moodable pottery would be nice i agree, its a niche area but like perfect gems maybe 'vases' as a purely decorative object or something to push a few flowers in would be worthwhile? Your own little dwarf ming dynasty porcelain collection and the like.

Meanwhile on boats... That's a whole other kettle of fish. There are many, variations of ideas offered by Toady and other players how it could be done (searchbar in the top right) but the water-simulation and current dimensions of movement make it difficult on any sort of approach until they're overhauled in a workable way in the upcoming map-rewrite.

I dont feel like both of these suggestions should be together in the same space though, its asking for different sizes of things.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 12:38:38 pm »

I only had two suggestions at the time! DF doesn't need new features, but they're always welcome! With what I already know's coming it's more of a concern that I'll even be able to learn how to implement all the incoming features.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.