Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress - The World Of Bones - A Story  (Read 3695 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress - The World Of Bones - A Story
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2022, 12:30:20 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - The World Of Bones - Chapter 22

The Lord Mayor soon found out why nobody was cutting down any giant mushrooms.  The only axe had been claimed by a Farmer by the name of Solon.  Who was a member of the Turquoise Blots. 

She told him to pick another weapon while also telling a few dwarfs that they were also Wood Cutters.

It worked as the Woodworker, Nil, went to cut down some mushrooms.  It was also reported that one of the Rangers had gone hunting Dralthas.  Soon meat, besides mussels from the river, would be on the menu.

She also ordered the building of a Loom and a Jeweler’s Workshop.  The Miners, in digging out the iron ore, were finding a LOT of gems.  They would be perfect for trade once cut and polished.

Then, on the 17th if Opal, Solon, the Farmer, was taken by a fey mood.  Maybe he had missed his axe?

He claimed the Leather Workshop.  Seems he was mumbling about Tanned Hides.  Which were not available.

The Lord Mayor sighed.  Looked like a dwarf would go crazy and need to be put down.

Some of the militia were sent out to kill and bring back a Draltha.  Maybe it would be skinned and it’s hide turned into leather?

By late winter the dead draltha was being carried to the dump site while a visiting human swordsman named Ted Nesimocba was asking to join the outpost to become a soldier.  He was accepted.

The Lord Mayor just hoped there would be enough time to butchered the draltha corpse.  And they also trapped a giant rat which she ordered to be butchered.  Maybe it would be done in time?  Maybe the Farmer would be saved?  Maybe rat meat tasted good?
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2022, 02:04:51 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - The World Of Bones - Chapter 23

A Gremlin entered the outpost.  And was killed.

And finally a skin was tanned and Solon started a “mysterious construction”.  Everybody placed bets on what it would be.   A boot?  A cape?  A shield?

Turned out to be a shield.  Made of Draltha leadther.  Not bad.  And if cost something like 13,320 Dwarf Credits.  For a first artifact of the outpost it wasn’t a bad first.

Oh, and draltha was now on the menu also. 

Then winter came and so did the undead.  Right in the middle of working on a green house.  That meant there was a huge hole in the ground.  Going right to the outpost.  Wonderful.

With half the Dwarfs on the surface.  They were going to die.

“All soldiers!” shouted the Lord Mayor, “ATTACK!”
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 08:43:35 am by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2022, 08:46:22 am »

Dwarf Fortress - The World Of Bones - Chapter 24

The Maze of Death was opened and the airlock closed.  On the hopes the undead would try to enter via the trap filled tunnels.

The problem was most of the soldiers were unarmed.  Having been working on the surface.

None survived.

--------

OOC : Well, that was sad.  I guess next I will play Adventure Mod in the same world.   Adventure Mod seems to be more interesting sometimes anyway.  Maybe I can visit the Abbey?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2022, 03:12:57 am »

Well damn there goes the fort.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]